It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

There are two things that matter to all of us gamers: the games we play and the friends we play them with. But as more titles come with dedicated launchers and clients, our games and gaming buddies become scattered in between them. With GOG GALAXY 2.0, you’ll be able to combine multiple libraries into one and connect with your friends across all gaming platforms!

As gamers, we need to juggle between multiple clients to access our games and see what our friends are playing,” says Piotr Karwowski, Managing Director at GOG. “We believe gamers deserve a better experience, and this became the driving force to redefine GOG GALAXY client,” Karwowski adds. “GOG GALAXY 2.0 is designed for all gamers and extends well beyond existing GOG.COM users, into both PC and console platforms.

Once you connect GOG GALAXY 2.0 with other platforms, it will import all your games into one library. You will see your friends activities and online status across connected platforms. All new library and friends features apply to your GOG.COM games and enhance your experience. And it’s designed to protect your privacy – your data belongs to you and will never be shared with third parties. We see it as an all-in-one solution for the present-day gamer.

Experience GOG GALAXY 2.0 yourself — sign up for the closed beta at www.gogalaxy.com and be among the first to get access to it!

Learn more about our vision.
Main features and what to expect once GOG GALAXY 2.0 officially launches.

Your Games.
Import all your games from PC and consoles, build and organize them into one master collection. Install and launch any PC game you own, no matter the platform.

Keep track of all your achievements, hours played and games owned.

Customize your library by filtering, sorting, tagging, and adding your own visuals like game backgrounds or covers.

Follow upcoming releases and discover games popular among your friends and the gaming community.

Your Friends.
Bring together your friends from all platforms and see their online status.

No matter on which platform your friends are, you can chat with them.

See your friends’ cross-platform achievements, game time milestones and recently played games.

See who’s the master collector, completionist or spends the most time playing.

Your Privacy.
Your personal data will never be shared with third parties.

We’re not spying on data from your computer.

With a single click, you can remove imported games and friends data from our servers.

Your GOG Client.
All new library management and friends features take your experience to the next level.

The best way to run and update your GOG games.

Use features like cloud saving, in-game overlay, multiplayer & matchmaking, rollbacks and more.

The client is not required to play your DRM-free GOG games.

More
Connect more platforms and add new features with open-source integrations.

All customizations and changes to your library are saved in the cloud and synced between all your devices.

Save any view like a customized library or favorite games and friends to access them instantly.

GOG GALAXY 2.0 will be available for Windows and Mac for free.
Post edited May 24, 2019 by elcook
Hmmm I am not directly affected by any of these features, but I am optimistic that this might be a good move from Gog to attract and captivate people who buy a lot from other store fronts.

Bambusek: Which is exactly why I don't get why import console games if you obviously still need to start them through console. Looks like feature for the sake of being a feature, without real use.
I'd say this is meant to be the place where you can see your whole library to decide what you wanna play, even if it's not on a PC. Our fragmented libraries invariably lead to forgetting some games we have or where they are.
high rated
File Explorer still remains my favorite launcher for games. That way, if a game requires another launcher, or benefits from a launcher's features, I can just create a shortcut that launches the game with the particular launcher, no big hassle.

Plus it has equivalents on Linux.

Edit: Relevant xkcd: https://xkcd.com/927/
Post edited May 22, 2019 by SirYodaJedi
high rated
chandra: No need to worry, we are DRM-free first and foremost and there aren't any plans to change that, it won't happen :)
The client remains optional and not required to play your DRM-free GOG games.

The client is not required to play your DRM-free GOG games.
Both of these have careful wording that implies there could be non-DRM-free GOG games. Which would be a catastrophe.

As for "launcher", I hope this update finally adds the ability to create (spontaneously, when you want to) shortcuts to games where and when you want... and that those shortcuts can be created in a way that doesn't launch Galaxy to then launch the game.

I use Galaxy. But sometimes I don't want to.

As for "privacy", can I yet go back and retroactively remove the TIME EARNED on achievements, and prevent that from being tracked? I want to allow achievements to be tracked, but I don't want them revealing when I was playing and got said achievement.
Post edited May 22, 2019 by mqstout
high rated
Where is the Linux version? :(

Also, the promotion page says this:

And it’s designed to protect your privacy – your data belongs to you and will never be shared with third parties. We see it as an all-in-one solution for the present-day gamer.
You are not even able to sign up when blocking Google scripts on that site! GOG, please, if you really want to earn our trust regarding privacy start removing third party content form your services and websites.
Post edited May 22, 2019 by ShadowOwl
high rated
StarChan: I'm worried about the offline innstallers. What are your long term plans for those? Is there any chance that you could heighten their status by increasing their visibility?
chandra: No need to worry, we are DRM-free first and foremost and there aren't any plans to change that, it won't happen :)
The client remains optional and not required to play your DRM-free GOG games.
That is very reasurring to hear. But a clear and visible coloured button next to the Galaxy button would illustrate your DRM-free stance beautifully IMO.
high rated
Bambusek: If it can lunch any PC game from any digital platform WITHOUT need to start specific app seperately (i.e. I could import Total War: Warhammer 2 into Galaxy and start it without starting Steam) - great, useful thing. If it still requires to launch specific digital store app - um, where is benefit?
No way they can remove DRM like that, it will definitely launch Steam and then the game. They might use some technique to suppress Steam's priority, so you don't have to see it launch or deal with it, but that's the best you could hope for.

What's the benefit? It's a game manager for everything, basically. Like how you put Amazon downloaded music into iTunes if you want. You launch, track, chat, etc. all in the one same app. That's the goal anyway. Technically Steam already does this because you can add any shortcut to Steam you want, but it's a pretty bare-bones feature and one assumes GOG are aiming to better it. It's a decent idea to stand out right now, since most people manage multiple clients and hate that. We'll see how well they execute though.
high rated
I'm happy to see GOG growing and moving forward and I'll keep supporting them as long as I can. I hope one day they'll finally offer Linux support too.
This looks pretty slick, if you guys can pull it off. I may have to sign up for the beta.
high rated
ShadowOwl: You are not even able to sign up when blocking Google scripts on that site! GOG, please, if you really want to earn our trust regarding privacy start removing third party content form your services and websites.
The sign-up page uses google recaptcha to protect us from bots signing up for the beta. That's the only reason why it's not working with google scripts blocked. We're sorry for the inconvenience. :( You can use some advanced private mode addons to hide yourself while registering.
I kinda wanted to try Galaxy for some games, particularly some newer ones with achievements and multiplayer. Maybe this beta testing is the chance to wet my feet a bit.
high rated
No Linux support? Very disappointing.

Edit: It is still worth mentioning that I hope the release goes well. I just think GoG needs to realize that the kind of people who are concerned about DRM are more likely to be using privacy respecting Linux distributions.
Post edited May 22, 2019 by Coocoo617
high rated
slamdunk: question: I use Galaxy but I don't use Steam. what does this update have to offer me? thanks!
GOG GALAXY 2.0 aims to connect all clients and launchers, among with all of your friends scattered in between them :)
If you used it in the past, it's still the best way to run and update your GOG games ;)
high rated
GOG.com: On top of that, you can also manually edit the metadata of every game in your master games collection.
Okay, for those of us not using Galaxy, any chance of this feature comming to the site library? Because that would be amazing.
Post edited May 22, 2019 by lolplatypus
Bambusek: If it can lunch any PC game from any digital platform WITHOUT need to start specific app seperately (i.e. I could import Total War: Warhammer 2 into Galaxy and start it without starting Steam) - great, useful thing. If it still requires to launch specific digital store app - um, where is benefit?
StingingVelvet: No way they can remove DRM like that, it will definitely launch Steam and then the game. They might use some technique to suppress Steam's priority, so you don't have to see it launch or deal with it, but that's the best you could hope for.

What's the benefit? It's a game manager for everything, basically. Like how you put Amazon downloaded music into iTunes if you want. You launch, track, chat, etc. all in the one same app. That's the goal anyway. Technically Steam already does this because you can add any shortcut to Steam you want, but it's a pretty bare-bones feature and one assumes GOG are aiming to better it. It's a decent idea to stand out right now, since most people manage multiple clients and hate that. We'll see how well they execute though.
Execution doesn't matter to regular posters here lol.
rjbuffchix: [...] but is there any way to provide additional assurance to us non-Galaxy users that Galaxy will remain OPTIONAL?
A contract signed in blood, maybe?