It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

There are two things that matter to all of us gamers: the games we play and the friends we play them with. But as more titles come with dedicated launchers and clients, our games and gaming buddies become scattered in between them. With GOG GALAXY 2.0, you’ll be able to combine multiple libraries into one and connect with your friends across all gaming platforms!

As gamers, we need to juggle between multiple clients to access our games and see what our friends are playing,” says Piotr Karwowski, Managing Director at GOG. “We believe gamers deserve a better experience, and this became the driving force to redefine GOG GALAXY client,” Karwowski adds. “GOG GALAXY 2.0 is designed for all gamers and extends well beyond existing GOG.COM users, into both PC and console platforms.

Once you connect GOG GALAXY 2.0 with other platforms, it will import all your games into one library. You will see your friends activities and online status across connected platforms. All new library and friends features apply to your GOG.COM games and enhance your experience. And it’s designed to protect your privacy – your data belongs to you and will never be shared with third parties. We see it as an all-in-one solution for the present-day gamer.

Experience GOG GALAXY 2.0 yourself — sign up for the closed beta at www.gogalaxy.com and be among the first to get access to it!

Learn more about our vision.
Main features and what to expect once GOG GALAXY 2.0 officially launches.

Your Games.
Import all your games from PC and consoles, build and organize them into one master collection. Install and launch any PC game you own, no matter the platform.

Keep track of all your achievements, hours played and games owned.

Customize your library by filtering, sorting, tagging, and adding your own visuals like game backgrounds or covers.

Follow upcoming releases and discover games popular among your friends and the gaming community.

Your Friends.
Bring together your friends from all platforms and see their online status.

No matter on which platform your friends are, you can chat with them.

See your friends’ cross-platform achievements, game time milestones and recently played games.

See who’s the master collector, completionist or spends the most time playing.

Your Privacy.
Your personal data will never be shared with third parties.

We’re not spying on data from your computer.

With a single click, you can remove imported games and friends data from our servers.

Your GOG Client.
All new library management and friends features take your experience to the next level.

The best way to run and update your GOG games.

Use features like cloud saving, in-game overlay, multiplayer & matchmaking, rollbacks and more.

The client is not required to play your DRM-free GOG games.

More
Connect more platforms and add new features with open-source integrations.

All customizations and changes to your library are saved in the cloud and synced between all your devices.

Save any view like a customized library or favorite games and friends to access them instantly.

GOG GALAXY 2.0 will be available for Windows and Mac for free.
Post edited May 24, 2019 by elcook
high rated
StingingVelvet: It's almost like Linux gamers are a very loud but very small group.
dudalb: That is pretty much it.
I am not plbasting Linux, but it's really is used mainly by businesses and some government agencies, and has never really ben a big player in the Home Computer market (as opposed to the general PC market). There is a reason why most game companies don't find it worthwhile to bring out Linux versions of the games.
I am not knocking Linux,it just that it's sort of a niche operating system used primarily for non gaming functions.
Looking at Steam for April 2019, there were 729,000 people using Linux for gaming. Yes, that is <1% using Linux with Steam, but that's still a lot of people. I don't know the numbers, but there are Linux users that refuse to use a DRM platform like Steam. From what I have seen in this thread, I would not say the Linux gamers are very loud.
illyTheKidTM: I hope we will be able to rate games so that GOG sort of becomes like MAL for games
Rate games? But you already can, unless you meant directly separate of the review system.
high rated
blotunga: No love for Linux? Again?
ShadowAngel.207: When will people finally learn that Linux has no marketshare on the Desktop Gaming Market and thus it's obvious why nobody in their right mind would support it.
Either get Windows or a Playstation if you hate Microsoft that much but stop bitching about your measly <1% marketshare crap OS getting no support.
It's like crying that there's no more Windows XP support.
So, what Linux distro did you try to get such a negative impression? I assume that you have some experience with Linux since you are so sure about how crappy it is compared to every other alternative.
Post edited May 22, 2019 by user deleted
Hey, just so you guys know, you also removed the download link to download GoG Galaxy when you changed the https://www.gogalaxy.com
for the news about 2.0.

So now it is harder for people to find the download link for current version of GoG Galaxy.
ShadowOwl: You are not even able to sign up when blocking Google scripts on that site! GOG, please, if you really want to earn our trust regarding privacy start removing third party content form your services and websites.
Johny.: The sign-up page uses google recaptcha to protect us from bots signing up for the beta. That's the only reason why it's not working with google scripts blocked. We're sorry for the inconvenience. :( You can use some advanced private mode addons to hide yourself while registering.
Uh-huh... Have you dim bulbs still not figured out that Crapcha is blocked in China, so none of your Chinese users will be able to sign up of the Beta. Clicking the button does nothing. We're effectively locked out of using your fancy new client. The main website already manages to circumvent this Crapcha bullshit for Chinese users, so I'm completely confused (if not entirely surprised) by this latest display of gross incompetence.
ShadowAngel.207: When will people finally learn that Linux has no marketshare on the Desktop Gaming Market and thus it's obvious why nobody in their right mind would support it.
Either get Windows or a Playstation if you hate Microsoft that much but stop bitching about your measly <1% marketshare crap OS getting no support.
It's like crying that there's no more Windows XP support.
I don't even hold any disdain towards Microsoft, but I've truly outgrown any need or desire for Windows.

Also, where is Nintendo in all this ;)
Fate-is-one-edge: Please don't become like Steam. Steam is a decease that needs to be contained, until it is eradicated and not be spread further.
A bit extreme, but ok, lots of people dislike Steam.
Fate-is-one-edge: Already the GOG community has been infested enough with "socially undisirables", exploiting its community as a safe heaven, allowing them to have a say (on multiple matters) otherwise they would have never been granted.
Wait, what are we talking about here???? I feel like I wandered into volume 4 of a series of political novels without hearing anything about the first 3.
illyTheKidTM: I hope we will be able to rate games so that GOG sort of becomes like MAL for games
Darvond: Rate games? But you already can, unless you meant directly separate of the review system.
To elaborate I meant that you'd also be able to rate games from other platforms/launchers, games that aren't necessarily sold on GOG. If you could also review them here it would be great.
Post edited May 22, 2019 by illyTheKidTM
Probably not going to happen, or it's very low on the priority list, but the main thing i would have liked to see here was a one click option for full library backup update ala gogrepo.py. As game libraries grow, keeping backups upto date becomes a game of its own.
high rated
StarChan: I'm worried about the offline innstallers. What are your long term plans for those? Is there any chance that you could heighten their status by increasing their visibility?
chandra: No need to worry, we are DRM-free first and foremost and there aren't any plans to change that, it won't happen :)
The client remains optional and not required to play your DRM-free GOG games.
Good, but can you please tell me if this new version will add the option to manage offline setups? (games not installed, but stored on an external hdd).
Currently this is only possible with the unofficial user script gogrepo.
Without it, catching all the updates would be impossible.
Post edited May 22, 2019 by phaolo
So - will I be finally able to manage backups of my collection in a proper way ? Because now it's not possible without investing a huge amount of time and/or third party tools.
Or it's planned feature for Galaxy 3.0 ? :-P
high rated
I actually don't care. I love not to use clients
Just wondering, are there plans to also integrate any of the services for these other platforms? I'm mostly talking about Steam streaming, library sharing, big picture, etc.

Also, does GoG galaxy have controller support? Another big reason why I use Steam.
tburger: So - will I be finally able to manage backups of my collection in a proper way ? Because now it's not possible without investing a huge amount of time and/or third party tools.
Or it's planned feature for Galaxy 3.0 ? :-P
GOG 3.0 is when they are purchased by Epic.
Is it going to be a new update when it is done? or a reboot requiring a new install? I am thinking about gog updating again my gamelist and I get sick.