It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The Elder Scrolls. Quake & Doom. Fallout. Alright.

Welcome, Bethesda, to our pantheon of all-time classics!
Today, we're happy to start a blooming new partnership with Bethesda Softworks, one that brings an impressive lineup of their unforgettable games to our DRM-free platform, and plenty of guts and nuclear smiles to our faces.

We're teaming up to release some of the greatest hits from the Bethesda vault, some DRM-free for the first time ever. Eleven new arrivals include The Elder Scrolls and two digital-distribution premieres, totally retro id Software shooters, plus the long-awaited return of the Fallout franchise! To make the day even sweeter, The Elder Scrolls: Arena and The Elder Scrolls II: Daggerfall will be added to your game shelf entirely for free when you buy any Bethesda game.

<span class="bold">The Elder Scrolls</span>, perched high up among the most famous video-game worlds ever created, are now DRM-free and updated for your modern computer - you can purchase all three to receive a 33% discount.:
--The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind - Game of the Year Edition.
--The Elder Scrolls Adventures: Redguard - digital distribution premiere.
--The Elder Scrolls: Battlespire - digital distribution premiere.
--The Elder Scrolls: Arena - FREE with any Bethesda purchase.
--The Elder Scrolls II: Daggerfall - FREE with any Bethesda purchase, too.

Megahit <span class="bold">id Software</span> first-person shooters join the fray - also 33% off if you grab all three:
--Quake including Mission Pack 1 and Mission Pack 2
--The Ultimate DOOM
--DOOM II + Master Levels for Doom II + Final DOOM

And last we find that goodbyes are not forever (and that war never changes). <span class="bold">Fallout</span>, the premiere post nuclear role playing game franchise is finally back on GOG.com! Save 66% if you complete your collection in one purchase.
--Fallout
--Fallout 2
--Fallout Tactics

The bundle promos end on Wednesday, September 2, 12:59 PM GMT.

Stream watch:
We'll be showing off many of these fresh and returning releases on our Twitch channel! Follow us (or track our dedicated streaming Twitter) to not miss 'em!
Lifthrasil: Great! I haven't been very content with you recently, GOG, but this is a great catch! Now you only have to start announcing bad things too and not only new releases and solve the issue that made you ban gifting. Or was the ban of gifting one of the conditions to bring Bethesda here? Did evil Bethesda make you do it? ;-)
lostwolfe: ...what?!

gifting got banned?!

link, please?
http://www.gog.com/forum/general/list_of_gog_games_with_worldwide_gifting_restrictions/post1
BillyMaysFan59: I still have everything backed up, just to be safe. No reason I shouldn't. :D
A smart move, as they have retroactively pulled some extras in the past.
nice!
however, how come i can buy the fallout trilogy again? despite it being already in my gog library? is this some different (e.g. enhanced) version of the games?
and does that mean i won't get any compatibility fixes despite them being in my library AND the store unless i buy it a third time (got a retail copy somewhere in my basement)?
thx
Added, Fallout and It says I can pay for it. So for £6 I'll keep to my word.
IAmSinistar: A smart move, as they have retroactively pulled some extras in the past.
Indeed. Firek, though, mentioned that it should not happen again (that is if a bonus is removed from a game, then it should not be removed from the account).
BillyMaysFan59: Whatever :P I'm content with the installers I downloaded over a year ago, it's the same game and all.
We got official confirmation, the base games are the same.
bernstein82: nice!
however, how come i can buy the fallout trilogy again? despite it being already in my gog library? is this some different (e.g. enhanced) version of the games?
and does that mean i won't get any compatibility fixes despite them being in my library AND the store unless i buy it a third time (got a retail copy somewhere in my basement)?
thx
at a guess:

you'll probably find that - literally - the only difference is the logos during the splash screens. ie: the old ones will still say interplay, the new ones will say bethesda.

the id is different because - literally - bethesda wants to sell them under their name, not interplay's. they want the money, you see.

i know, i know, i'm a grumpy wolfe. but i'm just not a huge fan of bethesda.
BillyMaysFan59: I still have everything backed up, just to be safe. No reason I shouldn't. :D
IAmSinistar: A smart move, as they have retroactively pulled some extras in the past.
Oh man, I still remember that ordeal with the Wasteland 2 Flac soundtrack.
BillyMaysFan59: Whatever :P I'm content with the installers I downloaded over a year ago, it's the same game and all.
IAmSinistar: We got official confirmation, the base games are the same.
That's nice. Hopefully they can negotiate a deal to bring back at least SOME of the bonus features.
Post edited August 26, 2015 by BillyMaysFan59
Grargar: Indeed. Firek, though, mentioned that it should not happen again (that is if a bonus is removed from a game, then it should not be removed from the account).
Quite so. However, "should not" and "would not" are grammatically distinct. :)

Prepares GOG boilerplate:

Sorry, we know this change has upset some of you! But in order to (do X) we had to (do Y). I know we said we never would again, but after looking hard at this it made sense to pursue this course in order to (do X), which was in great demand. Hopefully you will agree!
Wow! That came straight outta left field. This is insane. Definitely gonna get me that TES Collection. Having played all the main series, but none of the side stuff (I didn't want to pirate it), this is truly amazing as an Elder Scrolls fan.
lostwolfe: ...what?!

gifting got banned?!

link, please?
Grargar: Sure. The games in that list can't be gifted at all.
+1 a whole lot of other people.

wow. that's crazy. :(
Great news!

I was a big fan of Bethesda some time ago, but lately they seem to have fallen in love with steam... Good thing they changed their minds.
The question is: will the more recent titles, as oblivion, skyrim or dishonored ever appear on GOG, or only the semi-abandonware will be available here? Great games, anyway
Grargar: Indeed. Firek, though, mentioned that it should not happen again (that is if a bonus is removed from a game, then it should not be removed from the account).
IAmSinistar: Quite so. However, "should not" and "would not" are grammatically distinct. :)

Sorry, we know this change has upset some of you! But in order to (do X) we had to (do Y). I know we said we never would again, but after looking hard at this it made sense to pursue this course in order to (do X), which was in great demand. Hopefully you will agree!
sadly, your boilerplate seems pretty accurate. :(
IAmSinistar: Quite so. However, "should not" and "would not" are grammatically distinct. :)

From what I understood, it was a technical issue that affected the removal of the extras from accounts. In a way, you can say that the same thing happened with the removed games (remember all the complaints about the removed Nordic games?) Only, in one case they were able to retrieve them back (games), while in the other case (extras), they couldn't. Now, they apparently can. Still, I'm all for backing up one's library at the very first opportunity.
The following is a faithful recreation of my reaction when I saw this news:

"Oh my God. Oh. My. God. This! THIS!! THIS!!! "

Of course, this has been shouted out loud, at full volume. Good thing I was on my own.

It's your release of the year, GOG. You've outdone yourself over the past several months, and this is your crowning glory - as of yet! I raise my glass to this victory both for retro and DRM-free gaming, and to many more to come!

Cheers!