It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Phin77: As far as getting an admin on gogwiki to set up an account, there's no longer a PM button here to which I could contact one,
Barefoot_Monkey is the wiki admin.

To chat (the PM replacement) a person you hover your mouse over that person's avatar until a menu appears, then select "Start Conversation".
Post edited August 05, 2015 by mrkgnao
Thank you for version 2.3.6.2. The fix works fine for me.
Thanks for the update :-)
Phin77: As far as getting an admin on gogwiki to set up an account, there's no longer a PM button here to which I could contact one,
mrkgnao: Barefoot_Monkey is the wiki admin.

To chat (the PM replacement) a person you hover your mouse over that person's avatar until a menu appears, then select "Start Conversation".
I don't believe chat is asynchronous. The user has to be online and their settings must permit you to initiate a chat. I'll keep an eye out.
mrkgnao: Barefoot_Monkey is the wiki admin.

Phin77: I don't believe chat is asynchronous. The user has to be online and their settings must permit you to initiate a chat. I'll keep an eye out.
The user does not need to be online, messages are sent regardless and the other person will see them as soon as they log in.
But you are right about the settings. Many people set their chat to friends only because of stuff going on.
Post edited August 05, 2015 by moonshineshadow
Phin77: I don't believe chat is asynchronous. The user has to be online and their settings must permit you to initiate a chat. I'll keep an eye out.
Hi Phin77. I made a wiki account for you - I just need to send you the password. It seems your privacy setting won't let me send start a chat conversation with you, but you should be able to contact me. Just send me a message any time - don't worry, I don't need to be online for you to send a message.
As Moon said, you can send a message any time you like, they will get it.
The only problem with the way this Chat thing works is that if they read your message but don't reply immediately, they may have trouble finding you again if you're offline as you get pushed down the list by everyone else that's online, as well as by others that messaged them after you and are also offline at that time.
Barefoot_Monkey: Hi Phin77. I made a wiki account for you - I just need to send you the password. It seems your privacy setting won't let me send start a chat conversation with you, but you should be able to contact me. Just send me a message any time - don't worry, I don't need to be online for you to send a message.
Ok, that's great! Thanks for that. I don't mean to be dense.. just inexperienced when it comes to gogwiki and it's workings. ;) And yes, apparently it was my settings here preventing chats. I never really paid attention to those settings (being a lurker and all). Thanks for everyone's patience. ^_^
Phin77: Thanks for everyone's patience. ^_^
Don't worry. Your avatar compensates for pretty much everything :)
Ha! Thanks.. Yeah, Ive been waiting for a gog release but alas, the rights to that one seem to be in limbo... so far.
Glad to see that work on this great script hasn't been abandoned, reactivated again in my Firefox. Keep it up! :)
Feature request (nice to have):

I like your foelist. It's much easier to read threads with foes highlighted in red (I don't hide them, just use the highlight).

Could you add a complimentary list --- shall we call it "friendlist" --- that does the same but uses a different colour (e.g. green)?

I know GOG has a "friends" feature, but it's pretty useless without a clear indication of one's friends on the forum, and furthermore it requires the cooperation of the other person, whereas your list does not. And, anyhow, for me GOG's feature is doubly useless because it doesn't work (yields gogbear since May 22).

When I think about it a bit more, perhaps instead of "foelist" and "friendlist", you could have "redlist", "greenlist", "bluelist", "yellowlist", allowing one to organise forum members in much the same way that some email programs allow one to colour specific senders/recipients.
Post edited August 15, 2015 by mrkgnao
moonshineshadow: Thank you!
Any idea what happened to missing covers in the legacy shelf view?
Barefoot_Monkey: It's a pleasure :)
I know exactly what the issue is. If I get the chance I'll fix that tonight.
Just pushing this to attention again, it is so sad to see several games missing the cover on the legacy shelf :P
(but don't stress yourself, it is probably a feature not many are using)
Post edited August 14, 2015 by moonshineshadow
<deleted since it seems to be a problem with my browser...>
Post edited August 14, 2015 by moonshineshadow
moonshineshadow: Just pushing this to attention again, it is so sad to see several games missing the cover on the legacy shelf :P
(but don't stress yourself, it is probably a feature not many are using)
Thank you for reminding me, and sorry for keeping you waiting. It's fixed now.