It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Something changed with that video frame for YouTube links for me.
Yesterday I noticed it the first time.
When I click on that frame, the YT windows opens, but when I click PLAY, I get the note:
"Video unavailable".
However, clicking the link in the text, starts the video as usual.

FF-Quantum, Tampermonkey - everything updated.
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/just_three_words/post65669
Attachments:
Can you make it compatible with this ?

https://userstyles.org/styles/164632/dark-gog-com-improved
i_hope_you_rot: Can you make it compatible with this ?

https://userstyles.org/styles/164632/dark-gog-com-improved
Just installed the dark style using stylus. BE is still working. Why do you think it is incompatible?
MarkoH01: Just installed the dark style using stylus. BE is still working. Why do you think it is incompatible?
The upper menu ( account , support , community etc. ) is white .
Barefoot_Monkey: snip
Can you help me with these ?

https://www.gog.com/forum/general/requesting_userscripts

There are too many shit threads lately on this forum that i'd like to hide .
Post edited May 26, 2019 by i_hope_you_rot
I for the life of me can find the options page.

I want to turn off the avatars being a circle.
'Barefoot Essentials' under the 'About' menu, choose the Forums tab and the avatar option is near the bottom.
So... fun fact: If you're browser doesn't have sufficient resolution available to it (i.e. you're running it in a small window or possibly a very small screeen) , various menu items in the top menu bar get lumped together into a 'MORE' menu. At my preferred windowed resolution, SUPPORT, COMMUNITY, and ABOUT, all get lumped into this MORE gestalt menu. It's not normally a big deal since all the options are still there and accessible and even clearly delineated with horizontal lines. Nice bit of UI design on GoG's part, I must say.

Every option, that is, except for Barefoot Essentials. Could we get the Barefoot Essentials option to appear in the MORE menu when the ABOUT menu gets eaten up by resolution overflow?

Edit: Forgot to mention that this is using Waterfox, which is basically Firefox pre-changeover to Web Extensions. Pointing this out because I'm not sure how universal the quirk I posted above is.
Post edited June 26, 2019 by Staredown
high rated
Hi. I've been away from GOG for months now so just dropping in to say hi and sorry for not keeping you all in the loop. I'd been struggling for a while with lack of time and, however irrational it may be, have been rather embarrassed that I haven't been able to make progress on BE in a long time when there were thingss I was so eager to do back back when I last posted in... wow, October.

Well, I did something that I should have done ages ago and arranged to take a bunch of time off from work. I'm happy to report that after a good break I'm feeling great and the urge to do recreational coding has returned. And with that there has been a major development with Barefoot Esentials. I'll chat more about that tomorrow.
Welcome back :)))

Good to hear that you are doing well.
high rated
One of the things that was getting difficult with maintaining BE was the fact that it's all contained inside a single file 5 thousand lines long. The last major restructuring I had done years ago was to divide every distinct thing the script does into its own function named "feature_<featurename>()" and worked out a pattern where every individual feature could be switched on or off or otherwise configured dynamically. This kept everything neat and extensible for quite some time, but eventually the script became a bit too long to handle easily.

What I've done now is made a python project that allows every feature to be written in its own separate file, and it automatically joins and compiles them all into a single package for each browser I want to deploy on (so I can always release on all browsers simultaneously without having to do one first and then port it), and it even installs the built scripts onto my browsers automatically to make testing faster. I'm very happy with the way it turned out so far.
I think this compartmentalisation will make certain things possible (like the forum theme feature I've been wanting to make for years, but always added so much complexity to the script) and so much faster and easier than before.

My next release will be Barefoot Essentials 3 - when this is ready I'll make the entire project available to the public on Gitlab.

gixgox: Welcome back :)))

Good to hear that you are doing well.
Thanks, gixgox :)

MasterS.249: Are you planning to do a full-fledged Firefox extension, like there already are for Steam and Reddit, using WebExtensions API?
I am now. Previously I was interested in doing a Firefox extension (WebExtensions, despite some limitations, is really very nice to work with) but still wanted to keep the GreaseMonkey script going, and adding a third variant in addition to GreaseMonkey and Chrome took up too much time, so I decided to just stick with GreaseMonkey as it served the most people. Now that the automated build system is working there's nothing keeping me from making a proper Firefox extension.
Post edited July 17, 2019 by Barefoot_Monkey
Barefoot_Monkey: One of the things that was getting difficult with maintaining BE was the fact that it's all contained inside a single file 5 thousand lines long. The last major restructuring I had done years ago was to divide every distinct thing the script does into its own function named "feature_<featurename>()" and worked out a pattern where every individual feature could be switched on or off or otherwise configured dynamically. This kept everything neat and extensible for quite some time, but eventually the script became a bit too long to handle easily.

What I've done now is made a python project that allows every feature to be written in its own separate file, and it automatically joins and compiles them all into a single package for each browser I want to deploy on (so I can always release on all browsers simultaneously without having to do one first and then port it), and it even installs the built scripts onto my browsers automatically to make testing faster. I'm very happy with the way it turned out so far.
I think this compartmentalisation will make certain things possible (like the forum theme feature I've been wanting to make for years, but always added so much complexity to the script) and so much faster and easier than before.

My next release will be Barefoot Essentials 3 - when this is ready I'll make the entire project available to the public on Gitlab.
Interesting, I had the same issues with AF, I did attempt to restructure things by separating groups of functions out into files which I was going to host on my server and load only if those features were enabled (therefore making the files more manageable and allowing people to remove whole bits of the script they didn't use to speed things up).
Unfortunately it didn't really work out and I scrapped it knowing that some of the people who use my script weren't overly keen on loading files from other sites etc. so it might put some users off.

I'd be interested to see the python project if your making that available and see how you did it, though it's not like I'm doing much with AF these days.
Congratulations on v. 3.0.

Does the custom forum theme do anything if one uses the "light" forum colour scheme? I was unable to notice any difference.
Post edited December 31, 2019 by mrkgnao
mrkgnao: Congratulations on v. 3.0.

Does the custom forum theme do anything if one uses the "light" forum colour scheme? I was unable to notice any difference
When I used the custom style it defaulted back to default and made the general forum a bit darker. Where did you chose the "light" color scheme?
Post edited December 31, 2019 by MarkoH01
mrkgnao: Congratulations on v. 3.0.

Does the custom forum theme do anything if one uses the "light" forum colour scheme? I was unable to notice any difference
MarkoH01: When I used the custom style it defaulted back to default and made the general forum a bit darker. Where did you chose the "light" color scheme?
Didn't do that for me.
You can choose the scheme either on "My Settings" or at the top of any thread page (e.g. this page).