It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

found a small "bug" methinks. If you try to sync your account with the gogwiki, and you're not logged in on the wiki, the "Click here to try to send to GOGWiki again" will not work after logging in. You need to open a new gog tab and sync it from there.
Barefoot_Monkey: A new feature was added today. ...
... This should make it easier to spot games specials for games you don't own yet.
I'm quite sure I have mentioned this earlier. Chances are high I shall also mention it again. Possibly often*.

I love you.

*Often as in frequently, not orphan as in someone who has no parents. [/obscure reference]
Post edited June 16, 2016 by HeDanny
Thanks for bringing color back to my life again! ;-p
Attachments:
te_lanus: found a small "bug" methinks. If you try to sync your account with the gogwiki, and you're not logged in on the wiki, the "Click here to try to send to GOGWiki again" will not work after logging in. You need to open a new gog tab and sync it from there.
It seems to work perfectly for me, but I'll keep an eye out for this. By the way, which browser are you using?
Barefoot_Monkey: It seems to work perfectly for me, but I'll keep an eye out for this. By the way, which browser are you using?
Firefox 44 on Linux Mint 17.3
high rated
New update! Version 2.6.1 is available.

This is something that people have been asking about for years. I'm not sure how long it's been hiding there, but I discovered some data in the game product pages that allows me to display forum links on game cards :D

This feature is enabled by default. I've tested it on Greasemonkey/Firefox. I expect some issues moving it onto Chrome so the extension will have to wait a bit, but I'm hoping to have that sorted later today. Then see if I can get to the bottom of Melvinica's Scriptish/Seamonkey problem.

Two things to be aware of:
- For now I'm labelling every forum after the game (for example, "Fallout 2 Classic forum" instead of "Fallout Series forum") because I can't always reverse-engineer the forum's official name.
- Some games are pointed to the general forum in GOG's data for some reason. Lazy data capturing? ;) I see a way to work around that which will probably work most of the time - I'll add that in the next update.
Barefoot_Monkey: New update! Version 2.6.1 is available.

This is something that people have been asking about for years. I'm not sure how long it's been hiding there, but I discovered some data in the game product pages that allows me to display forum links on game cards :D

This feature is enabled by default. I've tested it on Greasemonkey/Firefox. I expect some issues moving it onto Chrome so the extension will have to wait a bit, but I'm hoping to have that sorted later today. Then see if I can get to the bottom of Melvinica's Scriptish/Seamonkey problem.

- For now I'm labelling every forum after the game (for example, "Fallout 2 Classic forum" instead of "Fallout Series forum") because I can't always reverse-engineer the forum's official name.
- Some games are pointed to the general forum in GOG's data for some reason. Lazy data capturing? ;) I see a way to work around that which will probably work most of the time - I'll add that in the next update.
Damn, I've been looking for that for ages XD

Where did you find it? I'm imaging it might be a new thing as I've had a fairly comprehensive poke about in the game data before looking for it.

Well done for spotting it and adding it, I'll remove it from my to-do list ;)
adaliabooks: Damn, I've been looking for that for ages XD

Where did you find it? I'm imaging it might be a new thing as I've had a fairly comprehensive poke about in the game data before looking for it.

Well done for spotting it and adding it, I'll remove it from my to-do list ;)
Global variable gogData.gameProductData.forumUrl

I have absolutely no idea how long it's been there, but I choose to believe it's a recent addition and not that both of us went blind while searching for it in the past ;)
Barefoot_Monkey: Global variable gogData.gameProductData.forumUrl

I have absolutely no idea how long it's been there, but I choose to believe it's a recent addition and not that both of us went blind while searching for it in the past ;)
I imagine so. I'm absolutely certain I've looked there (and in the version used in the angular data) and would have seen that.

Presumably Gog will be implementing there own version of the forum links soon then (I can't see why else they would have added that there). Nice that they seem to be implementing some requested features (between that and the reordering of the chats)
Barefoot_Monkey: New update! Version 2.6.1 is available.

Huge thanks and +1 for this!

I have a small request though - could you place the forum link above the GOGWiki one, please?
As it is now, for those also using AF, it's:
-- GOGWiki = external link
-- Forum = internal link
-- MaGog = external link

It doesn't affect functionality of course, just an OCD thing on my part. Still, I'd greatly appreciate if you put the forum link on top of the other two.

adaliabooks: I imagine so. I'm absolutely certain I've looked there (and in the version used in the angular data) and would have seen that.

Presumably Gog will be implementing there own version of the forum links soon then (I can't see why else they would have added that there). Nice that they seem to be implementing some requested features (between that and the reordering of the chats)
I'll hazard a guess that this appeared at the time "Games In Development" were introduced, because they place a game-forum link on the respective game pages.
HypersomniacLive: I have a small request though - could you place the forum link above the GOGWiki one, please?
As it is now, for those also using AF, it's:
-- GOGWiki = external link
-- Forum = internal link
-- MaGog = external link

It doesn't affect functionality of course, just an OCD thing on my part. Still, I'd greatly appreciate if you put the forum link on top of the other two.
Weird. In my case I see the links (I also use AF) in this order: MaGog, Gogwiki, Discussions. The forum is on the bottom of the other 2 instead of the top as you'd like it, but the internal link is separate from the externals. No idea what causes the different order between different users, it might have something to do with our browsers setup ; I personally use Chrome and have BE and AF installed both as Tampermonkey scripts (as to receive the latest updates on BE). Maybe a feature to choose the order in which these 3 elements appear would be a good middle ground solution to bypass the inconsistency of order between different people...

edit-just tried it on Firefox (it just now updated by itself, as I couldnt find a way to force the update earlier) and the order there is the same as yours (Gogwiki, Discussions, Magog), so it's probably the fault of Firefox...
Post edited June 17, 2016 by Treasure
Treasure: Weird. In my case I see the links (I also use AF) in this order: MaGog, Gogwiki, Discussions. The forum is on the bottom of the other 2 instead of the top as you'd like it, but the internal link is separate from the externals. No idea what causes the different order between different users, it might have something to do with our browsers setup ; I personally use Chrome and have BE and AF installed both as Tampermonkey scripts (as to receive the latest updates on BE). Maybe a feature to choose the order in which these 3 elements appear would be a good middle ground solution to bypass the inconsistency of order between different people...

edit-just tried it on Firefox (it just now updated by itself, as I couldnt find a way to force the update earlier) and the order there is the same as yours (Gogwiki, Discussions, Magog), so it's probably the fault of Firefox...
Interesting. I wouldn't mind if it's last on the list. And it's not that I can't live with it being in the middle.

Would kind of suck if it's browser dependent and can't be changed, but I'm hopeful that Barefoot_Monkey will do his usual magic.
Barefoot_Monkey: A new feature was added today. ...
... This should make it easier to spot games specials for games you don't own yet.
The Chrome extension is still only on 2.5 so this isn't working. It was working on the Tampermonkey script, but that is no longer linked in OP. Is it possible to force the chrome plugin to update somehow that I can't see? If not, can you point me to where I can get the Tampermonkey script again please?
HeDanny: The Chrome extension is still only on 2.5 so this isn't working. It was working on the Tampermonkey script, but that is no longer linked in OP. Is it possible to force the chrome plugin to update somehow that I can't see? If not, can you point me to where I can get the Tampermonkey script again please?
Just visit the last link given in the OP with Chrome, and install the script.
The Chrome extension version 2.6.1 is available, and all users should receive the update automatically. The forum link is still Firefox-only, but you can now get the games you own to fade out. Remember that this feature is off by default so you'll need to go to the settings and switch it on.