It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

MarkoH01: What you say sounds logical but if this really is the case it should only take me a few clicks to find a thread I posted in today, right? However I was unable to get this very thread listed even though I posted in it today. Something seems to be wrong here.
mrkgnao: So perhaps the issue is not one of sorting, but rather of some threads missing from the list?

Which thread are we talking about, if you're willing to share?
This thread here.
mrkgnao: So perhaps the issue is not one of sorting, but rather of some threads missing from the list?

Which thread are we talking about, if you're willing to share?
MarkoH01: This thread here.
Oh. Threads created a long time ago (not sure what the cutoff is, but this thread is certainly before it) never appear on the list, AFAIK. That's another long-standing issue, but I don't believe it's related to sorting. It's probably a GOG "optimisation" to avoid having to go too far back in the thread list.

The list is really "Fairly new topics I've participated in".
mrkgnao: The list is really "Fairly new topics I've participated in".
hahaha ... understood. I will watch it and see if this really is all tht's wrong with this feature. Thank you for the explanation.
GitHub
Script source
v.3.0.2g
- Added 'Open new topics of this group' links to forums' main page.
- Added option for 'show more' buttons on forums' main page to load all topics, sorted by 'last update', on a single click (thanks to Adalia for providing a sorting feature).
- Added feature toggles for both features mentioned above.
Pajama: ...
mrkgnao: ...
MarkoH01: ...
Most of your requests were fulfilled.

mrkgnao: 1) Related to my previous query --- are you perhaps able to make it so that ctrl-clicking on the link opens in tabs and not in windows, like it does for simple links?
Except this one, as it looks like Firefox doesn't apply click modifiers to JS links within its engine. Instead of that, the browser opens them by default as new windows/tabs, according to its user preferences. The only suggestion here I can give you is to enable "open as new tabs" in browser's settings.

Or use any chromium-based browser of your choice, as I've tested on both Chrome and Edge, and click modifiers on these apps do work perfectly.
Post edited April 19, 2023 by DawEdhel
DawEdhel:
Many thanks.
Many thanks DawEdhel, works great :)
Post edited April 19, 2023 by Pajama
DawEdhel: Most of your requests were fulfilled.
Do I have to activate the correct sorting in any way? I just took the last 3 threads that were shown in the "topics you participated in) and searched for my entry. For those 3 threads from first to third one it was:

1. Thread: My last post was 3 days ago (thread created 5 days ago)
2. Thread: My last post was 12/30/2022 (thread created 12/30/2022)
3. Thread: My last post was 2 days ago (thread created 04/13/2023)

The loading all function however works fne :)

Edit: Now I see it. The sort order is now actually showing the date anybody has last posted in the thread not like it was before. Would it be possible to make the sort order and the "show all" function two seperate options? I like the "show all" function but I'd prefer the way the sort order was before to see when I have last posted.

Thank you very much for implementing this function in the first place.
Post edited April 19, 2023 by MarkoH01
MarkoH01: Would it be possible to make the sort order and the "show all" function two seperate options? I like the "show all" function but I'd prefer the way the sort order was before to see when I have last posted.
I've looked into these 3 groups to guess their initial order, and my conclusions are:
- "My favourite topics": sort by first post date, where at the top its oldest value;
- "Topics I've participated in": sort by my own first post date, where at the top its newest value;
- "Hot topics": something like most commented/most viewed during some recent period, where at the top is newest topic by its first post date;

After all that said, I can't give you something back that wasn't there initially.
GitHub
Script source
v.3.0.2h
- Added ability to group spam topics (on a page if a user has 3+ topics with 0 replies all his topics marked as a spam)
DawEdhel: GitHub
Script source

v.3.0.2h
- Added ability to group spam topics (on a page if a user has 3+ topics with 0 replies all his topics marked as a spam)
DawEdhel:
Thank you! :)
Hello DawEdhel,

I came here to ask whether you would consider implementing a following feature into Barefoot Essentials:
Certain browsers (Opera, Chrome) have a problem that when you try to reply somebody on a forum, a separate window will open, but the button to send a message is hidden, because the window is too small and before you can do that you have to resize it - every single time.

I guess pictures will speak more than words:
https://imgur.com/a/LSd7FUC

Can you implement an option for Opera to display the popup window correctly?
Thanks in advance for a response.
Post edited May 14, 2023 by Tarhiel
GitHub
Script source
v.3.0.2i
- Added ability to expand forum thread/post popups to fit content on chromium-based browsers.
Tarhiel: Can you implement an option for Opera to display the popup window correctly?
Should be done, as I've only tested it on Chrome from your mentioned browsers. See if Opera works as well.
DawEdhel: GitHub
Script source

v.3.0.2i
- Added ability to expand forum thread/post popups to fit content on chromium-based browsers.
DawEdhel:
Tarhiel: Can you implement an option for Opera to display the popup window correctly?
DawEdhel: Should be done, as I've only tested it on Chrome from your mentioned browsers. See if Opera works as well.
I just tested it on newest version of Opera - thank you ,you have no idea how long I wanted to have this fixed :)
Since there's been so much discussion about the notification dot bug and Barefoot Essentials has been so helpful for me in improving my experience with the GOG forum, I'm bumping this topic now. It's the first thing I do when I login to the GOG forum on a new device (GreaseMonkey gets installed automatically by login in to my Firefox account thus syncing the add-ons): visit the Barefoot Essentials and Adalia Fundamentals topics (https://www.gog.com/forum/general/adalia_fundamentals_fixing_gog_so_you_dont_have_to) to instal both scripts again and customize my forum experience.
BE Fork's starting post
v.3.0.2j
- Applied GOG links' similar style for 'Open new topics of this group' links if zero new topics are present.
- Added auto-hiding custom sections (news/giveaways/etc.) if zero new topics are present on loading.
- Added auto-hiding custom sections (news/giveaways/etc.) if zero new topics will be present after clicking 'Open new topics of this group' links.

- Added a 'Blast from the Past' link under the navigation bar 'About' menu (which can be toggled off within 'Navigation bar' settings).
- Added an ability to hide redundant menu icons (such as friends/wishlist) in the navigation bar (which can be toggled on within 'Navigation bar' settings).