It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Banning people for JOKES is not a JOKE.People need to understand Aussie humor before they can make a JUDGEMENT on our humor.I had a joke with Kleetus and got threatened/warned with a ban.Learn our humor before making JUDGEMENTS of bans.Proof provided if required.
low rated
Tauto: Banning people for JOKES is not a JOKE.People need to understand Aussie humor before they can make a JUDGEMENT on our humor.I had a joke with Kleetus and got threatened/warned with a ban.Learn our humor before making JUDGEMENTS of bans.Proof provided if required.
I'm sorry, but "it's just a joke" is not a reasonable defense if the "joke" contains something like hate speech. "It's just a joke" is not an excuse.

That said, I think most of the rules are OK; I just take issue with the rule about cheats and exploits. As I mentioned in the other thread, what one person considers normal gameplay another can consider to be an exploit. Plus, exploits are part of the game and discussing them is fun.
low rated
Tauto: Banning people for JOKES is not a JOKE.People need to understand Aussie humor before they can make a JUDGEMENT on our humor.I had a joke with Kleetus and got threatened/warned with a ban.Learn our humor before making JUDGEMENTS of bans.Proof provided if required.
dtgreene: I'm sorry, but "it's just a joke" is not a reasonable defense if the "joke" contains something like hate speech. "It's just a joke" is not an excuse.

That said, I think most of the rules are OK; I just take issue with the rule about cheats and exploits. As I mentioned in the other thread, what one person considers normal gameplay another can consider to be an exploit. Plus, exploits are part of the game and discussing them is fun.
My joke had no offense to Kleetus as he understood it as pure fun.
Tauto: Proof provided if required.
I'd like to see proof.
low rated
deleted
low rated
zeogold: I'd like to see proof.
FABLES22 GOGMar 9, 2017 – 07:14
We can also add abusive and intimidating language towards GOG staff (yep, the "be polite" line right at the beginning extends to me too). And just a heads up and to reinforce the fact that you have indeed been given a chance to rectify your mistakes, the new forum rules that will go up on Friday actually include a lawyer-rectified section that states that communication with any member of GOG staff is considered a valid correspondence and any abusive and/or aggressive attitude towards GOG staff may actually result in further penalties. So yea, even this alone can result in a posting ban at least.
gog.com/forum/general/what_made_you_happy_today/post5206
Above is one example out of many. You've been given your warning here, do with it what you please and what you think best. Thanks & bye for now.
low rated
deleted
low rated
Tauto: People need to understand Aussie humor
Fairfox: Is it liek British humor? Taht is one tough nut to crack.
Our's has more meaning than the British,even they have problems when they visit our country.
zeogold: I'd like to see proof.
You got the proof and now you would like to comment??????????
Post edited March 10, 2017 by Tauto
Fairfox: #sorrynotsorry, nopers, not buyin' it becaaause it smells of seaweed. Swearin' is established', universal regardless o' language an' has acceptable but mostly unacceptable social norms, whether you think of it as justified or not. You don't has to liek mah writin', but it's not in teh same league other thaaan polarization-station (an' I obvs realize taht kinda sorta mebbe opens up jokez abooout it bein' offensive to teh English language, etc).

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
To be fair, I don't find your typing offensive. I find it quirky and entertaining. I also find it hard to read. :D But again. Please don't change (not that I think you would at this point for little ol me)!
paladin181: So you support your right to express yourself what can only be loosely described by anyone as "language" but others expressions should be completely stifled because you don't like reading it? A lot of people don't like reading your posts, but most of us don't complain about it. I don't (except for right now, actually) and have even vocalized support for your right to type as such. But it doesn't change the fact that the gibberish flowing off your keyboard most of the time is difficult to decipher at best and downright unreadable at worst. Would swearing be ok if I typed it in gibberish? If instead of saying a four letter word that everyone actually understands, I use a word that has literally no meaning, then it does not help me express myself because I then need to spend the next 10 posts explaining EXACTLY what I wrote to everyone who bothered to read my post.
Fairfox: #sorrynotsorry, nopers, not buyin' it becaaause it smells of seaweed. Swearin' is established', universal regardless o' language an' has acceptable but mostly unacceptable social norms, whether you think of it as justified or not. You don't has to liek mah writin', but it's not in teh same league other thaaan polarization-station (an' I obvs realize taht kinda sorta mebbe opens up jokez abooout it bein' offensive to teh English language, etc).

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
It depends on location and usage, though. There's a difference between casual usage of it and using it to directly attack someone. Plus, this is the internet. Swearing is something that even Facebook or Twitter allows, the only restriction would (and probably should) be if it's in a place where minors frequently visit. This isn't to say I "approve" of it myself or whatever, as I'm somebody who never swears due to personal reasons, but that doesn't mean I would somehow want somebody kicked out for using it. At the most, all it would do is let me know for myself that the person is particularly abrasive. Doesn't give me much of a right to assume everyone else offended.

As such it's an establishment of social norms I suppose (as was previously mentioned, you'd swear in a bar or with friends yet probably not at a playground where kids are or at church). This is often seen as (or at least has been for a while) an informal community of "friends" of at least some sort, so it has the precedence of being natural. One could argue that your speech pattern, on that same criteria, given that it's something that you choose to do despite the fact that many people have told you that it frustrates them immensely (which is what you're essentially saying about swearing), is unfitting to this particular social community, thus making you not only in the wrong, but a hypocrite.

Mind you, I'm not trying to accuse you of anything (I've always been one of those people who found it mildly amusing), but I'm just pointing out how it could be painted. To sum it up, if you replace "no swearing" with "no lolspeak", it likely will suddenly hit home for you how it can feel unfair to some people.
dtgreene: I'm sorry, but "it's just a joke" is not a reasonable defense if the "joke" contains something like hate speech. "It's just a joke" is not an excuse.
How about when you say it and it's not a joke, it's you being 100% serious in your ignorance and prejudice? Is that okay?

Or is the problem that someone gave a half baked excuse for it, and since you completely ignored it and offered no apology whatsoever somehow better?
low rated

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
zeogold: It depends on location and usage, though. There's a difference between casual usage of it and using it to directly attack someone. Plus, this is the internet. Swearing is something that even Facebook or Twitter allows, the only restriction would (and probably should) be if it's in a place where minors frequently visit. This isn't to say I "approve" of it myself or whatever, as I'm somebody who never swears due to personal reasons, but that doesn't mean I would somehow want somebody kicked out for using it. At the most, all it would do is let me know for myself that the person is particularly abrasive. Doesn't give me much of a right to assume everyone else offended.

As such it's an establishment of social norms I suppose (as was previously mentioned, you'd swear in a bar or with friends yet probably not at a playground where kids are or at church). This is often seen as (or at least has been for a while) an informal community of "friends" of at least some sort, so it has the precedence of being natural. One could argue that your speech pattern, on that same criteria, given that it's something that you choose to do despite the fact that many people have told you that it frustrates them immensely (which is what you're essentially saying about swearing), is unfitting to this particular social community, thus making you not only in the wrong, but a hypocrite.

Mind you, I'm not trying to accuse you of anything (I've always been one of those people who found it mildly amusing), but I'm just pointing out how it could be painted. To sum it up, if you replace "no swearing" with "no lolspeak", it likely will suddenly hit home for you how it can feel unfair to some people.
You got a comment on the proof that you asked for and shockingly got.
Tauto: You got the proof and now you would like to comment??????????
I'll admit that it feels odd for you to be warned about that particular post given that the person it was directed at was fine with it and laughed it off as a joke between friends, but Fables appears to be saying that there are other infractions as well.
Edit: Unless of course Kleetus did take offense/reported it and just hasn't told you as such, which is entirely possible.
Tauto: You got a comment on the proof that you asked for and shockingly got.
I can only type/reply so fast.
Post edited March 11, 2017 by zeogold
low rated
Tauto: You got the proof and now you would like to comment??????????
zeogold: I'll admit that it feels odd for you to be warned about that particular post given that the person it was directed at was fine with it and laughed it off as a joke between friends, but Fables appears to be saying that there are other infractions as well.
Edit: Unless of course Kleetus did take offense/reported it and just hasn't told you as such, which is entirely possible.
He was more puzzled than me and it's not my fault that when I insisted on her show proof she picked that post.
low rated
deleted
Post edited March 11, 2017 by Fairfox