It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

low rated
Fairfox: I don't even mind when it's with peeps you/I hang with
The thing is that this is exactly what people consider this place.
low rated
Fairfox: I don't even mind when it's with peeps you/I hang with
zeogold: The thing is that this is exactly what people consider this place.
Which is a terrifying thought.
low rated
zeogold: The thing is that this is exactly what people consider this place.
Telika: Which is a terrifying thought.
I hate to admit it, but this place really is the only social interaction I have. :P
JMich: He meant that they are out of the blues, meaning GOG staff. But if one has to explain a joke...
JunglePredator: *sniff*

At least you love me JMich.
If it makes you feel better, the exact same thought popped into my head when I read that originating post as well. I thought about being all "you stole my joke!" but you were here two hours before me.
Telika: Now, is it just me, or do other people feel like there's some sort of echo between the spring sale imagery and the sudden regulation of gog forums ?

http://images-4.gog.com/693cbeaf3322688d01b2b12b806536ea66f4babe6f1656547eb5f8b8fe105cb4.jpg
at least it seems to look how they would wish it

i always liked the candor/naiveness of gog arts and little characters for special events (i miss the ninja squirrel)
I'm a bit bummed about this, I really liked the "wild west" feel the forum had.

Hope things work well moving forward, I do see how some light moderation could improve things.

On another note, when did the support section get overhauled!?
Pseudoman: On another note, when did the support section get overhauled!?
Its been a few weeks since the new support section went into effect. The updated forum rules started around 11-12 hours ago.
Telika: Which is a terrifying thought.
tinyE: I hate to admit it, but this place really is the only social interaction I have. :P
Me too.... Sometimes I wonder if this is real life
low rated
tinyE: I hate to admit it, but this place really is the only social interaction I have.
That is so sad, so sad.

I don't get it though, people send you friend invites and you complain, and now you complain because you don't have any social interaction?

You may be tiny but you sure are hard to please.

Anyway, if you like we can exchange emails and socially interact?

Let me know via chat.
Kleetus: Anyway, if you like we can exchange emails and socially interact?

Let me know via chat.
An impressive shift. Your forgiveness is admirable.
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/rules_threads_all_that_jazz/post457
low rated
zeogold: Your forgiveness is admirable.
He's going to be my friend, I'm friendly.

EDIT: I can sense some jealousy here, I'm guessing you still have feelings for him?

Feelings, nothing more than feelings.
Post edited March 11, 2017 by Kleetus
fables22: EDIT: Just to clarify as it's come up a few times - support tickets are not to be used as reports. If you wish to alert me to something you suspect breaks forum rules (this excludes past offences), do so via PMs to me directly.
So is there a point to using the readily available function of making ourselves unreachable through PMs? If people have to set themselves as publicly available all the time, shouldn't the option be removed?

edit: regarding what's been said, just an echo. Posting unreleased game content is allowed if the NDA is passed date, non-existent, or broken by others. However, I'm guessing this is referring to people data-mining the catalogue entries and API.

Bumping threads is necessary in some cases. Very helpful cases.

What's considered off-topic should really be up to the OP of said thread. I never used to mind a little derailing from TinyE back in the day. TinyE is definitely not the only person who immediately derailed threads in the past either. On that note - what about threads that essentially nonsense to begin with? Threads that beg for random discussion?
Post edited March 11, 2017 by micktiegs_8
fables22: EDIT: Just to clarify as it's come up a few times - support tickets are not to be used as reports. If you wish to alert me to something you suspect breaks forum rules (this excludes past offences), do so via PMs to me directly.
micktiegs_8: So is there a point to using the readily available function of making ourselves unreachable through PMs? If people have to set themselves as publicly available all the time, shouldn't the option be removed?

edit: regarding what's been said, just an echo. Posting unreleased game content is allowed if the NDA is passed date, non-existent, or broken by others. However, I'm guessing this is referring to people data-mining the catalogue entries and API.

Bumping threads is necessary in some cases. Very helpful cases.

What's considered off-topic should really be up to the OP of said thread. I never used to mind a little derailing from TinyE back in the day. TinyE is definitely not the only person who immediately derailed threads in the past either. On that note - what about threads that essentially nonsense to begin with? Threads that beg for random discussion?
What makes you think that people have to set themselves as publicly available?
fables22: What makes you think that people have to set themselves as publicly available?
Probably a memory of the old rules. Something about if we do something rule breaking and make ourselves intentionally unreachable for staff etc...
fables22: What makes you think that people have to set themselves as publicly available?
micktiegs_8: Probably a memory of the old rules. Something about if we do something rule breaking and make ourselves intentionally unreachable for staff etc...
I should hope that the GOG staff can PM anyone, available or not.