It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Becoming a slightly different beast.

<span class="bold">Armello</span>, the digital tabletop/role-playing/strategy game, has now been updated and renamed to Armello - DRM Free Edition. It includes the latest fixes and updates, plus all these lovely animals who will eagerly stab each other with pointy things in order to become rulers of the land. Oh, and it's 25% off for six days!

This edition is a complete strategic experience and will keep receiving updates that are unrelated to DLCs or online features.

Here's what League of Geeks have to say about it (full version <span class="bold">here</span>):

"We want to ensure that whatever platforms Armello is on, we're providing the best experience that we possibly can. As Armello moves more and more into online services (like Steam inventory and more multiplayer features) and as we begin to roll out our plans for DLC, we've been working closely with GOG on an edition of Armello specific to GOG. [..]
We've had fantastic meetings with GOG about the future of Armello on the platform and although there's no way for us to provide DLC for DRM-Free users or to attempt to retain parity with the Steam version of Armello, Armello DRM-Free Edition will see features that best suit a DRM Free experience. [...]."

Get ready to join this new era of colorful animosity with <span class="bold">Armello DRM-Free Edition</span>, exclusively on GOG.com.
The 25% discount will last until September 5, 9:59 PM UTC.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/o4e5s28x7Ps
Post edited August 31, 2016 by maladr0Id
metricfun: The link for the full statement now goes somewhere. Now to read it.
Skysect: Still I don't get anything . Whole message looks like wall of text , what is the real reason ?
karnak1 in the message just before you pasted the GOG part of the wall of text. What I got from the whole thing: they're biting more than they can chew and need to focus on certain things. They decided to focus on Xbox, Playstation, mobile for the rest of the year. Next year they'll decide (maybe with GOG?) which feature they want to bring here (but not DLCs, too complicated). That's what I got from it. At least we'll get "features", whatever that means.
Skysect: Still I don't get anything . Whole message looks like wall of text , what is the real reason ?
metricfun: karnak1 in the message just before you pasted the GOG part of the wall of text. What I got from the whole thing: they're biting more than they can chew and need to focus on certain things. They decided to focus on Xbox, Playstation, mobile for the rest of the year. Next year they'll decide (maybe with GOG?) which feature they want to bring here (but not DLCs, too complicated). That's what I got from it. At least we'll get "features", whatever that means.
What I take from it; people bitching as usual for the sake of it.
Do you want a drm-free version to be like the steam one? Then it wouldn't be drm-free. My take from the developers info is that the game is trending towards online components, by the very nature of the experience. You know, it being a kind of tabletop game. And that is what the dlcs are focusing on.
What you get here is an up-to-date branch of the offline experience. And regardless of how much you complain, this type of online gaming won't be drm-free (and I don't even know if it can).

Funny thing is, if the game wasn't on GOG already, people would be asking for the offline part of it. But as it already is, we need it all.
(It kind of reminds me of the bethesda affair. Before they were here, I read many post about how they would be happy with just Morrowind. Now that we have it, it's outrageous how we don't yet have Oblivion and Fallout).
high rated
rgnrk: What I take from it; people bitching as usual for the sake of it.
Do you want a drm-free version to be like the steam one? Then it wouldn't be drm-free. My take from the developers info is that the game is trending towards online components, by the very nature of the experience. You know, it being a kind of tabletop game. And that is what the dlcs are focusing on.
What you get here is an up-to-date branch of the offline experience. And regardless of how much you complain, this type of online gaming won't be drm-free (and I don't even know if it can).

Funny thing is, if the game wasn't on GOG already, people would be asking for the offline part of it. But as it already is, we need it all.
(It kind of reminds me of the bethesda affair. Before they were here, I read many post about how they would be happy with just Morrowind. Now that we have it, it's outrageous how we don't yet have Oblivion and Fallout).
It has nothing to do with that. We get many games here that have online components via Galaxy. The issue here is the dev decided to restrict their games DLC to a feature (ie Steam inventory) which is ridiculous. Steam should act as distributor, nothing more.
Post edited August 30, 2016 by BKGaming
high rated
Online features != DRM. There are games on GOG with achievements, online multiplayer and the like.
high rated
rgnrk: What I take from it; people bitching as usual for the sake of it.

It's already missing the newly released DLC: http://store.steampowered.com/app/398913/
Doesn't look multiplayer-exclusive to me. ;)
So what they just renamed it to the DRM free verson? Also i fail to see how this makes DLC and patches impossible.
I wonder why we still trust in indie developers .
Painted_Doll: I wonder why we still trust in indie developers .
Because they're not all like this one. Without some indie devs we wouldn't get some of those amazing games.
This is BS, What is the technical issues that cause them to not able to provide DLC for DRM free users other than money? makes me want to return the game now. Just a way for a company to basically say that they are worried of piracy and therefore will only provide more content to platforms that are DRM. The whole we want to provide the best experience is BS. Well congrats to this company they just lost all my future business, I hope GOG doesn't provide their future games.
rgnrk: (...)
I have the game, bought it first day of release. I am not angry, I'm happy I bought it, and I feel no need to complain. What I feel is puzzlement. First, because the announcement's message wasn't clear to me. "Are the devs abandoning the GOG version of their game?" It doesn't seem like they intend to, after reading the full statement. But then the part about some features coming to GOG, it also leaves questions up in the air for me. What are those features? Are we talking about the 4 new characters they just released in their DLC? Or is that not coming because it's part of a DLC? Did they mis-spoke and meant updates / bug squashing? (Yes devs mis-speak all the time, see No Man's Sky). They say we could see those early / mid 2017, but delays happen very often in this industry. I'm not angry, but it's deflating and confusing news. That's all.
high rated
Woolytoes: BTW: Less features should end in a lower price, shouldn't it?
Exactly! I think it's acceptable to sell "inferior versions" of games, but the price should be adjusted accordingly, and the store ( GOG, in this case ) needs to inform their customers about any missing features prior to purchase.

As far as I know, the game was sold here at the same price as on Steam, and without any warnings that GOG owners of the game might miss out on potential future updates. Which is, quite frankly, bullshit.
samoan: platforms that are DRM.
Just had a look, seems like the newest dlc is already on pirate sites
GOG.com: Get ready to join this new era of colorful animosity with <span class="bold">Armello DRM-Free Edition</span>, exclusively on GOG.com.
The 25% discount will last until September 5, 9:59 PM UTC.
GOG. You have outdone yourself today. How low can you go. Shame! I would not mind if this developer/publisher was banned here.
high rated
Marioface5: Checking the game's Steam page, the use of Steam Inventory involves microtransactions. That's one feature I'm glad to not have here!
Think again:
7. What about refunds?

[...]

As set out in Section 6 of the GOG User Agreement, in-game purchases and GOG Wallet funds will not form part of GOG’s refund, early exchange, money back guarantee or withdrawal rights policies.
Source: https://www.gog.com/support/website_help/wallet

Next up: Introducing Galaxy Wallet, the simplest way to pay in play.

Edit: Kudos to HypersomniacLive for making me aware of the Wallet FAQ detail:
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/introducing_gog_wallet_the_simplest_way_to_pay_1d6d1/post155
Post edited September 01, 2016 by Lemon_Curry
Vote it up to the top to avoid this in the future.

https://www.gog.com/wishlist/site/dont_release_gimpedinferior_versions_of_games