It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The DRM-Free Revolution Continues with Big Pre-Orders and Launch Day Releases!

Good news! GOG.com is going to bring you more fantastic launch day releases, preorders, and other exciting new content from some of our favorite developers. We've lined up 3 big titles that we will be bringing to GOG.com in the next couple of months for sale or preorder that we think will be hits with all of our gamers; and we have more equally exciting games coming up soon.

If you've been a member of the site for a long time, you may recall that when we launched sales of The Witcher 2 on GOG.com, we had to add in regional pricing. The game cost different amounts in in the US, the UK, the European Union, and Australia. We're doing something like that once again in order to bring you new titles from fantastic bigger studios. Since we don't accept currencies other than USD on GOG.com right now, we'll be charging the equivalent of the local price in USD for these titles. We wish that we could offer these games at flat prices everywhere in the world, but the decision on pricing is always in our partners' hands, and regional pricing is becoming the standard around the globe. We're doing this because we believe that there's no better way to accomplish our overall goals for DRM-Free gaming and GOG.com. We need more games, devs, and publishers on board to make DRM-Free gaming something that's standard for all of the gaming world!

That brings with it more good news, though! As mentioned, we have three games we're launching soon with regional pricing--two RPGs and a strategy game--and while we can't tell you what they are yet because breaking an NDA has more severe penalties than just getting a noogie, we're confident that you'll be as excited about these games as we are. For a limited time, we will be offering anyone who pre-orders or buys one of them a free game from a selection as a gift from GOG.com, just like we did for The Witcher 2.

If you have any questions, hit us up in the comments below and we'll be happy to answer (to the best of our ability).

EDIT: Since we've answered a lot of the common questions already here (and lest you think that we've ignored you), it may be handy for you to check out the forum thread about this and search for staff answers by clicking this link here. (hat tip to user Eli who reminded us that the feature even exists. :)
I do wonder if publishers could be sued because of discrimination and price fixing.
high rated
VoxDeNube: I agree, it is not fair, but that's already politics and economics. Talking here about that won't change anything, so it doesn't really matter in the end. Life isn't fair, that's how it is.
That's a shitty way of looking at it. If something isn't fair you are under no obligation to accept it. It's not a political or economic thing, it's just a way to think. Some people get treated unfairly and think "oh well life isn't fair". Others say "fuck this shit" and protest it. It might make a difference or it might not, but at least you are doing something. Even if it's just getting mad.
unknown78: If thats the stand of GOG i will take the same stand ... Life isn't fair -> heads over to https://www.gameolith.com/news/2014/2/21/introducing-gameolith-fair-price/ ... it sucks doesn't it?
VoxDeNube: It's a dull point of view, but true. > If you don't like it, don't buy it. It's a video game, it's an extra. For example, some people don't even get warm water, or any water. I suggest you think over a little bit about simple things that matter and be grateful for what you have.
Lodium: Not totally true.
Some of the consumer laws have come out as a result of people talking.
VoxDeNube: Yes, also sometimes people get a little hole in their head for talking. We both know that things are more complicated in this world, so don't even start about 'rights' and wrongs.
I didnt say it was perfect.
I only mentioned that some of the consumer laws that are in effect have come from people talking, thats all.
VoxDeNube: I agree, it is not fair, but that's already politics and economics. Talking here about that won't change anything, so it doesn't really matter in the end. Life isn't fair, that's how it is.
yoyolll: That's a shitty way of looking at it. If something isn't fair you are under no obligation to accept it. It's not a political or economic thing, it's just a way to think. Some people get treated unfairly and think "oh well life isn't fair". Others say "fuck this shit" and protest it. It might make a difference or it might not, but at least you are doing something. Even if it's just getting mad.
If something isn't fair against an individual, you don't have to accept it. This is a regional thing. In different regions of world there are different laws and mechanisms of how things work, or don't. If you want to go and protest, sure, you have rights to do that.
Aand look what I have found out:

http://forum.worldofplayers.de/forum/threads/1332875-NEWS-Risen-1-and-2-soon-DRM-free-on-GOG?p=22430490#post22430490

Could this be one (or both) of the new "not-worldwide-flat-prizes" RPGs coming to GOG?
Post edited February 24, 2014 by Tarhiel
yoyolll: That's a shitty way of looking at it. If something isn't fair you are under no obligation to accept it. It's not a political or economic thing, it's just a way to think. Some people get treated unfairly and think "oh well life isn't fair". Others say "fuck this shit" and protest it. It might make a difference or it might not, but at least you are doing something. Even if it's just getting mad.
VoxDeNube: If something isn't fair against an individual, you don't have to accept it. This is a regional thing. In different regions of world there are different laws and mechanisms of how things work, or don't. If you want to go and protest, sure, you have rights to do that.
... and if something isn't fair to whole regions, does it make it any less unfair to the individuals?
But this is not even a matter of the general unfairness of the concept, but of GOG betraying their principles, and their customers as a result.
VoxDeNube: It's a dull point of view, but true. > If you don't like it, don't buy it. It's a video game, it's an extra. For example, some people don't even get warm water, or any water. I suggest you think over a little bit about simple things that matter and be grateful for what you have.

Yes, also sometimes people get a little hole in their head for talking. We both know that things are more complicated in this world, so don't even start about 'rights' and wrongs.
Lodium: I didnt say it was perfect.
I only mentioned that some of the consumer laws that are in effect have come from people talking, thats all.
You can't make anything happen when talking about it on the forums on some web-site. I'm pretty sure people in law and in high places already have noticed that there is such a thing as regional pricing, they are not that blind, trust me.
Post edited February 24, 2014 by VoxDeNube
Kristian: If GOG starts releasing AAA games DRM-Free them I bet some of them will end up on one of the list of DRM-Free games on Steam..
and I bet u they won't.
no way GOG does regional pricing unless they get some guarantees from publishers ie exclusive DRM free. what's the point then?
Tarhiel:
I would really hope that they're not counting this as AAA.
VoxDeNube: If something isn't fair against an individual, you don't have to accept it. This is a regional thing. In different regions of world there are different laws and mechanisms of how things work, or don't. If you want to go and protest, sure, you have rights to do that.
Laws have nothing to do with it. Increasing the prices for different regions is completely arbitrary. It's like saying you have to pay more if you're wearing a blue shirt. People are being charged more for no reason.

Also, when I say "protest" I don't mean organize marches and petitions, I just mean voice your displeasure. You said talking about it won't change anything, but whether or not that's true it is always a good thing for people to let their opinions be heard. Even if it doesn't make a difference, it's not in vain as long as others read it.
amok: direct from developers, like Humble Widgets or BTMicro
Aver: I think that Humbe Widget allow regionalizing prices too after Humble changed their policy.
No. not yet at least. At this moment in time, regional pricing only apply to Humble Store. Humble Bundles and Humble Widgets are still on flat prices, and there is no plans yet to change it that I know about.

http://blog.humblebundle.com/post/77003764174/weve-added-euro-and-british-pricing-on-the-humble
Post edited February 24, 2014 by amok
Tarhiel: Aand look what I have found out:

http://forum.worldofplayers.de/forum/threads/1332875-NEWS-Risen-1-and-2-soon-DRM-free-on-GOG?p=22430490#post22430490

Could this be one (or both) of the new "not-worldwide-flat-prizes" RPGs coming to GOG?
you'd hope it were exciting new games that haven't been bundled or had multiple sales and massive discounts. it would be ludicrous and you think people are over reacting now?????
PWYW isn't really compatible with regional pricing!
amok: direct from developers, like Humble Widgets or BTMicro

Small stores like Shiny Loot and Indie Game Stand. Indie game stores like Indievania.
IAmSinistar: Do any of those have to eat the transactional fees themselves? For example, when selling through a widget to different countries? Not being a retailer I don't really know that end of the business. I'm more curious as to whether flat pricing is viable once a retailer reaches a certain size.
The stores do not really have anything to with transactional fees, it is up to bank/PayPal/payment method - so I guess the answer is no (as far as I know)
Cavalary: ... and if something isn't fair to whole regions, does it make it any less unfair to the individuals?
But this is not even a matter of the general unfairness of the concept, but of GOG betraying their principles, and their customers as a result.
Strangely I don't feel betrayed, so you can't really say they have betrayed their customers as I am one of them. They haven't betrayed their principles as mush as updated them.