It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The DRM-Free Revolution Continues with Big Pre-Orders and Launch Day Releases!

Good news! GOG.com is going to bring you more fantastic launch day releases, preorders, and other exciting new content from some of our favorite developers. We've lined up 3 big titles that we will be bringing to GOG.com in the next couple of months for sale or preorder that we think will be hits with all of our gamers; and we have more equally exciting games coming up soon.

If you've been a member of the site for a long time, you may recall that when we launched sales of The Witcher 2 on GOG.com, we had to add in regional pricing. The game cost different amounts in in the US, the UK, the European Union, and Australia. We're doing something like that once again in order to bring you new titles from fantastic bigger studios. Since we don't accept currencies other than USD on GOG.com right now, we'll be charging the equivalent of the local price in USD for these titles. We wish that we could offer these games at flat prices everywhere in the world, but the decision on pricing is always in our partners' hands, and regional pricing is becoming the standard around the globe. We're doing this because we believe that there's no better way to accomplish our overall goals for DRM-Free gaming and GOG.com. We need more games, devs, and publishers on board to make DRM-Free gaming something that's standard for all of the gaming world!

That brings with it more good news, though! As mentioned, we have three games we're launching soon with regional pricing--two RPGs and a strategy game--and while we can't tell you what they are yet because breaking an NDA has more severe penalties than just getting a noogie, we're confident that you'll be as excited about these games as we are. For a limited time, we will be offering anyone who pre-orders or buys one of them a free game from a selection as a gift from GOG.com, just like we did for The Witcher 2.

If you have any questions, hit us up in the comments below and we'll be happy to answer (to the best of our ability).

EDIT: Since we've answered a lot of the common questions already here (and lest you think that we've ignored you), it may be handy for you to check out the forum thread about this and search for staff answers by clicking this link here. (hat tip to user Eli who reminded us that the feature even exists. :)
Chacranajxy: Steam's storefront ... I see more than 3000 games.
Clearly, there's a gap in what GOG's able to offer with their policies as they are.
That is correct, thou among those three thousands how many are a pile of shit quality wise? 100? 500? 1000? dunno
At least almost all games that gog sells are some quality shit.
And the funny thing is those 700 are prolly bound to be 1000 soon enough without regional prices, only by sticking to one worldwide price.
Not to mention that I dont want gog to be another steam, that is why i came here in the first place, to be different than that ordinary/unfair/anticustomer way of doing business (drm+regional.*whatever)
Chacranajxy: Well, I'm looking at Steam's storefront, and I see more than 3000 games. Clearly, there's a gap in what GOG's able to offer with their policies as they are. Will ditching the "no regional pricing" policy get them to 3000? No, probably not... but I imagine it'll get them a hell of a lot closer, and it'll probably allow them to get a lot of the games from the last 5-10 years that are sorely missing from the store. I'm not saying that region pricing isn't something that's being abused, all I'm saying is that it is an obstacle, legally.
Did you honestly, genuinely think that becomin' kind of poorer, stupider and overally crippled cousin of Steam is a way which GOG can successfully use to lure new customer and - which is maybe even more important - to keep these that it already has?
low rated
silentbob1138: You don't see anything wrong with that? http://cdn.themis-media.com/media/global/images/library/deriv/417/417838.jpg
It's a female body reduced to her boobs. Literally. Of course it is sexist.
Bloodygoodgames: It reminded me of that terrible movie "Boxing Helena", where a surgeon who can't get the woman he loves kidnaps her and amputates her legs and then her arms. Relegating her to not much more than breasts and a vagina.

And, yes, the story does turn out to be nothing more than a dream but still.....very very sick.
So you won't buy games from deep silver because they made a statue that reminded you of a horrible movie,that sounds like a personal problem not deep silver sexualizing a statue.
This is why i don't listen to women when they claim others are sexist.

And thanks for putting this image in my head.............
adamhm: As to why it's extremely difficult for such big releases to get worldwide pricing, see here
The argument that you cannot have a worldwide price in order to protect a constant shrinking year after year physical market is not holding up, at least for me. sorry
Chacranajxy: Steam's storefront ... I see more than 3000 games.
Clearly, there's a gap in what GOG's able to offer with their policies as they are.
mobutu: That is correct, thou among those three thousands how many are a pile of shit quality wise? 100? 500? 1000? dunno
At least almost all games that gog sells are some quality shit.
And the funny thing is those 700 are prolly bound to be 1000 soon enough without regional prices, only by sticking to one worldwide price.
Not to mention that I dont want gog to be another steam, that is why i came here in the first place, to be different than that ordinary/unfair/anticustomer way of doing business (drm+regional.*whatever)
Let's not go down that road. Plenty of games on GOG are garbage. Plenty of games on Steam are garbage. Lots of stuff just sucks. We know this. Considering the rate and the sorts of titles GOG tends to get, we wouldn't hit 1000 for a looooong time, and those titles likely still wouldn't be the big name, more recent games. Even if one only wants old games from GOG, it's still beneficial because bigger games bring more customers into the fold, sales go up, and GOG's bargaining power for those tougher to secure old games becomes a lot stronger.

In any case, GOG's hardly approaching anti-consumer territory. They've acknowledged that in order to continue providing DRM-free games - which they know is their key differentiator and what will help them remain viable long-term - they have to make a compromise. It's unfortunate, but that's the marketplace we have. Frankly, I think it's more encouraging that GOG dropped flat pricing instead of compromising on DRM, because that suggests they know what their priorities are. If they sacrificed flat pricing, they can't go back on DRM, too, because that would erode any advantage GOG has over Steam and essentially kill the whole thing.
Drerhu: ... Like I said before, love how people dissapointed run to the even worse option (totally respectable one, but I would just stop buying in Gog and steam xD) ...
Oh this is just natural reactions at work. Notice how many couples after divorce and the end of an eternal love go directly for cold war. It's always so difficult to just be friends when you separate from someone. :)
IAmSinistar: Are there any good numbers out there for the percentage of global web retailers that use one-world pricing versus regional pricing?
Aver: Right there is no a single store known to me that offers flat prices. Few weeks ago Green Man Gaming switched to region based prices and few days ago Humble Store did the same.
direct from developers, like Humble Widgets or BTMicro

Small stores like Shiny Loot and Indie Game Stand. Indie game stores like Indievania.
rrr8891: Yes! Regional pricing! Keep those eurofags in their places!!
LOL, I see in addition to be an apologist for racist morons, you're also a homophobe. Somehow that doesn't surprise me.
TheEnigmaticT: Not exactly a high-stakes game. I think the pizza cost more than the pot. :P
must'a been some bricky weed ;p

You guys play office poker to? Yet another reason i wanna work for GOG!
rrr8891: Yes! Regional pricing! Keep those eurofags in their places!!
hedwards: LOL, I see in addition to be an apologist for racist morons, you're also a homophobe. Somehow that doesn't surprise me.
He's just a very poor troll seeking attention.
Aver: Right there is no a single store known to me that offers flat prices. Few weeks ago Green Man Gaming switched to region based prices and few days ago Humble Store did the same.
amok: direct from developers, like Humble Widgets or BTMicro
I think that Humbe Widget allow regionalizing prices too after Humble changed their policy.
hedwards: LOL, I see in addition to be an apologist for racist morons, you're also a homophobe. Somehow that doesn't surprise me.
spindown: He's just a very poor troll seeking attention.
I miss olden times when trolling was still an art form. Those how to care and feed n****** topics, the GNAA stuff and NAMBLA was at least somewhat clever.
Leroux: I think a severed phallus would be a more 'appropriate' equivalent in taste. ;)
I thought they were called dildos.
spindown: He's just a very poor troll seeking attention.
Pretty sure "Amerifag" and "Eurofag" are just internet slang. Not tasteful, but certainly not the same as saying, "I'm scared of homosexuals."

Also, wasn't rrr8891 being sarcastic? Or were there other posts by him I missed?
Chacranajxy: Well, I'm looking at Steam's storefront, and I see more than 3000 games. Clearly, there's a gap in what GOG's able to offer with their policies as they are. Will ditching the "no regional pricing" policy get them to 3000? No, probably not... but I imagine it'll get them a hell of a lot closer, and it'll probably allow them to get a lot of the games from the last 5-10 years that are sorely missing from the store. I'm not saying that region pricing isn't something that's being abused, all I'm saying is that it is an obstacle, legally.
Mr_GeO: Did you honestly, genuinely think that becomin' kind of poorer, stupider and overally crippled cousin of Steam is a way which GOG can successfully use to lure new customer and - which is maybe even more important - to keep these that it already has?
Well, it certainly sounds worse when you use loaded words like that, but yeah, I do. GOG has a few advantages over Steam. If GOG can provide the games that a broader audience wants, and higher margin games, at that - why wouldn't they go for it? The well of old games isn't going to last forever. And while the change is unfortunate for those adversely affected by the regional pricing, what's the alternative? They're still getting a DRM-free product with bonuses and a few niceties like GOG's customer service. Are they going to switch to another store that has those exact same pricing policies? Are they going to just stop playing games? Right, I'll believe it when I see it.

Some suggested that a new store is going to rise up and offer flat pricing on games... but that's about as short-sighted of an idea as you're going to find. Making price your USP is almost never a successful, long-term business model, and they'd just run into the same issues as GOG, except without the incumbency advantage that stores like GOG and Steam have.