It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The DRM-Free Revolution Continues with Big Pre-Orders and Launch Day Releases!

Good news! GOG.com is going to bring you more fantastic launch day releases, preorders, and other exciting new content from some of our favorite developers. We've lined up 3 big titles that we will be bringing to GOG.com in the next couple of months for sale or preorder that we think will be hits with all of our gamers; and we have more equally exciting games coming up soon.

If you've been a member of the site for a long time, you may recall that when we launched sales of The Witcher 2 on GOG.com, we had to add in regional pricing. The game cost different amounts in in the US, the UK, the European Union, and Australia. We're doing something like that once again in order to bring you new titles from fantastic bigger studios. Since we don't accept currencies other than USD on GOG.com right now, we'll be charging the equivalent of the local price in USD for these titles. We wish that we could offer these games at flat prices everywhere in the world, but the decision on pricing is always in our partners' hands, and regional pricing is becoming the standard around the globe. We're doing this because we believe that there's no better way to accomplish our overall goals for DRM-Free gaming and GOG.com. We need more games, devs, and publishers on board to make DRM-Free gaming something that's standard for all of the gaming world!

That brings with it more good news, though! As mentioned, we have three games we're launching soon with regional pricing--two RPGs and a strategy game--and while we can't tell you what they are yet because breaking an NDA has more severe penalties than just getting a noogie, we're confident that you'll be as excited about these games as we are. For a limited time, we will be offering anyone who pre-orders or buys one of them a free game from a selection as a gift from GOG.com, just like we did for The Witcher 2.

If you have any questions, hit us up in the comments below and we'll be happy to answer (to the best of our ability).

EDIT: Since we've answered a lot of the common questions already here (and lest you think that we've ignored you), it may be handy for you to check out the forum thread about this and search for staff answers by clicking this link here. (hat tip to user Eli who reminded us that the feature even exists. :)
Ganni1987: There are only a few RPG's being released for pc this year, only ones I can think of atm.

- Witcher 3
- Dragon Age 3
- Sacred 3
- South Park: SoT
- Dark Souls II

Can't think of any others for PC, except the MMOS which don't count.

My bets go on Witcher 3 and Sacred 3 / South Park.

Seeing Dark Souls II here would be the biggest surprise and knowing EA they will most probably stick to Steam or even worse Origin.
Dark Souls II isn't being released by EA. It's a Bandai Namco-published game. The only EA game up there is Dragon Age 3, and given EA's recent track record, it'll probably not even be an RPG by the time it's all said and done.
Grargar: 6th March.
Date fits in fine. Also Ubi is already here, so there's an existing "selection of games" to compansate the misfortunate ones.
I think we should keep it in mind. Now for the crucial question - is it any good and genuinely highly anticipated?
Ganni1987: There are only a few RPG's being released for pc this year, only ones I can think of atm.

- Witcher 3
- Dragon Age 3
- Sacred 3
- Dark Souls II

Seeing Dark Souls II here would be the biggest surprise and knowing EA they will most probably stick to Steam or even worse Origin.
Except, well, it doesn't event have a release date yet. It might as well be released in 2015 for all we know.
IAmSinistar: So GOG, when can we expect the first release under this new policy? It will be nice to move out of speculation and into proper evaluation of the decision.
TET said they will be launching a game with regional pricing before going to GDC which is March 17th. If i'm correct.
Bloodygoodgames: I would never buy anything Deep Silver puts out anyway. Not after that disgusting artwork they used (severed woman's torso dripping with blood) on Dead Island: Riptide last year.

A company that is that misogynistic and that clueless is never going to get a penny of my money.
Selderij: I trust you'd been equally disgusted by the developers' misandry if it had been a male torso?
Yep :)

I hate anything like that, as it's completely unnecessary in order to sell a game.

However.......the video game industry is famously misogynistic (just see how bad most women gamers are treated online once many male gamers find out they're female - why do you think so many of us go with 'male sounding' names - and how few women are employed in the industry). So until more men than currently do nowadays decry that fact, I'll be spending more of my time complaining about how women are treated in cover art and in games and in the industry itself than I will in how men are treated as, frankly, they're treated quite well.
Bloodygoodgames: However.......the video game industry is famously misogynistic (just see how bad most women gamers are treated online once many male gamers find out they're female - why do you think so many of us go with 'male sounding' names - and how few women are employed in the industry). So until more men than currently do nowadays decry that fact, I'll be spending more of my time complaining about how women are treated in cover art and in games and in the industry itself than I will in how men are treated as, frankly, they're treated quite well.
Whenever I hear about misogyny in games, I feel urge to recommend The Cat Lady once again :)
So, yeah, everybody, check it out. It's really good.
[compulsion satisfied]
Novotnus: That one was really... well, a display of bad taste.
haleisback: I just looked it up and don't see anything wrong,Just sexist women saying men are sexist
You don't see anything wrong with that? http://cdn.themis-media.com/media/global/images/library/deriv/417/417838.jpg
It's a female body reduced to her boobs. Literally. Of course it is sexist.
IAmSinistar: So GOG, when can we expect the first release under this new policy? It will be nice to move out of speculation and into proper evaluation of the decision.
GaminggUy45: TET said they will be launching a game with regional pricing before going to GDC which is March 17th. If i'm correct.
Thanks, I didn't see a specific citation of date, so I appreciate you decoding this one for me. :)
TET said it will be here before they go to GDC which is in six weeks, so expect it in 4-5 weeks the latest if they want to test the waters a bit before approaching other publishers at GDC.
Selderij: I trust you'd been equally disgusted by the developers' misandry if it had been a male torso?
Bloodygoodgames: Yep :)

I hate anything like that, as it's completely unnecessary in order to sell a game.

However.......the video game industry is famously misogynistic (just see how bad most women gamers are treated online once many male gamers find out they're female - why do you think so many of us go with 'male sounding' names - and how few women are employed in the industry). So until more men than currently do nowadays decry that fact, I'll be spending more of my time complaining about how women are treated in cover art and in games and in the industry itself than I will in how men are treated as, frankly, they're treated quite well.
Hope you dont drag it too far though.
Some females dont want sexy woman at all in games.
I do agree that there is too much sexism in games, but i also think women and men if your the opposite sex shoud be allowed to be seen as sexy.
If that made any sense.
Post edited February 24, 2014 by Lodium
haleisback: I just looked it up and don't see anything wrong,Just sexist women saying men are sexist
silentbob1138: You don't see anything wrong with that? http://cdn.themis-media.com/media/global/images/library/deriv/417/417838.jpg
It's a female body reduced to her boobs. Literally. Of course it is sexist.
It reminded me of that terrible movie "Boxing Helena", where a surgeon who can't get the woman he loves kidnaps her and amputates her legs and then her arms. Relegating her to not much more than breasts and a vagina.

And, yes, the story does turn out to be nothing more than a dream but still.....very very sick.

- Witcher 3
- Dragon Age 3
- Sacred 3
- Dark Souls II

RawSteelUT: Dark Souls II isn't being released by EA. It's a Bandai Namco-published game. The only EA game up there is Dragon Age 3, and given EA's recent track record, it'll probably not even be an RPG by the time it's all said and done.
My bad I meant to add Dragon Age 3 somewhere along the lines there. :D But yeah what I meant is that those 2 games are highly unlikely to ever see the light on GOG.
GaminggUy45: TET said they will be launching a game with regional pricing before going to GDC which is March 17th. If i'm correct.
IAmSinistar: Thanks, I didn't see a specific citation of date, so I appreciate you decoding this one for me. :)
Your welcome
trusteft: I would love to know who the fuck earns 22K in Greece.
The min legal salary per month is a bit over 500, with actual figures going 150+ down of that.
Even on the hayday most people who had some good experience didn't win much over 1000, talking about after decades of experience.
For many years I see in official papers claims of 22K+ as GDP per capita but for the life of me I have no idea how they come to that number. Perhaps the top 1% wins so much more that it raises the average, but 22K? lol
Please note that the 22K per capita is the amount of wealth created by the country, per capita, not the average wages. With the typical European country absorbing / wasting 40 to 60% of it for the "common good", and a sizeable chunk going to non wage expenditure, the part that goes to wages must be closer to what you mention. However, I can assure that a small percentage of the Greek population has very very very comfortable earnings.
blotunga: Pretty much yes: http://www.steamprices.com/eu/topripoffs
Worst offender today: Silent Hunter 3: € 19.49 in europe while: $6.49 » € 4.73 (-75.73%).
Bloodygoodgames: That's what you can expect to see on GOG in future.

So, if it's a case of buying from GOG or buying a game in a games store in your own country and paying the same price you would pay on GOG, you might as well support a company in your own country.

For me, if it's a choice between buying on GOG at an inflated price, or in a store in Thailand, (or in the UK or Spain if I'm there), I'll choose the latter.

After all, there's no point supporting an online company that a) isn't paying taxes in the countries I live in so not helping the society I live in and b) allowing their customers to be price-gouged.

Honestly, the more I think about this I can see that this is the first nail in GOG's coffin, and the people who own the company don't have enough business sense to see it.

People buy on GOG for several reasons, but the two most important things have always been DRM-Free and No Regional Prices. Now one of those is taken away, that's already a 50 percent reason for not buying games on GOG anymore.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist (or maybe it does if the GOG management team are anything to go by?) to figure out there are other ways to get DRM-Free games at reasonable prices, or even free, if you don't want to support a company that isn't supporting you.
I don´t think so about Spain...here´s a total ripoff in every possible way (I mean, retailers-other shops like steam)