It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The DRM-Free Revolution Continues with Big Pre-Orders and Launch Day Releases!

Good news! GOG.com is going to bring you more fantastic launch day releases, preorders, and other exciting new content from some of our favorite developers. We've lined up 3 big titles that we will be bringing to GOG.com in the next couple of months for sale or preorder that we think will be hits with all of our gamers; and we have more equally exciting games coming up soon.

If you've been a member of the site for a long time, you may recall that when we launched sales of The Witcher 2 on GOG.com, we had to add in regional pricing. The game cost different amounts in in the US, the UK, the European Union, and Australia. We're doing something like that once again in order to bring you new titles from fantastic bigger studios. Since we don't accept currencies other than USD on GOG.com right now, we'll be charging the equivalent of the local price in USD for these titles. We wish that we could offer these games at flat prices everywhere in the world, but the decision on pricing is always in our partners' hands, and regional pricing is becoming the standard around the globe. We're doing this because we believe that there's no better way to accomplish our overall goals for DRM-Free gaming and GOG.com. We need more games, devs, and publishers on board to make DRM-Free gaming something that's standard for all of the gaming world!

That brings with it more good news, though! As mentioned, we have three games we're launching soon with regional pricing--two RPGs and a strategy game--and while we can't tell you what they are yet because breaking an NDA has more severe penalties than just getting a noogie, we're confident that you'll be as excited about these games as we are. For a limited time, we will be offering anyone who pre-orders or buys one of them a free game from a selection as a gift from GOG.com, just like we did for The Witcher 2.

If you have any questions, hit us up in the comments below and we'll be happy to answer (to the best of our ability).

EDIT: Since we've answered a lot of the common questions already here (and lest you think that we've ignored you), it may be handy for you to check out the forum thread about this and search for staff answers by clicking this link here. (hat tip to user Eli who reminded us that the feature even exists. :)
JohnnyDollar: Everyone is in a different situation. DRM-free is what brought me here. I mean I like GOG, but that's always been the linchpin here afaic.
RS1978: That's my main reason for being customer here as well. As far I can buy DRM-free games uncensored here, I will remain. But if I have to pay German taxes, I want full German language support too.
I can't fault you for wanting your native language. I wouldn't mind seeing GOG introduce an age verification system so that adults aren't censored, either.

This is off topic a little, but I remember when I bought TW2 here I got a censored version. I went back and forth with them over that. Telling me to download someone else's game file doesn't cut it. They called it a fan patch, which it wasn't, it was just one file that was held out of that censored version. I wanted GOG to provide the file, not some forum member hosting it on a file sharing site somewhere. I didn't care and still don't care about playing the game and getting a sex scene. That wasn't point. I shouldn't have gotten a censored version to begin with, and they should have provided the file to correct it, not tell me to download another member's files.

I don't know if that ever did get corrected...
Digital_CHE: I agree with Selderij.
Try to purchase legaly Wolfenstein (2009) or Prey... You can't, because those games aren't available anymore; so they are abandonware... for now.
CarrionCrow: That doesn't make sense. Unavailable doesn't mean abandoned. A company doesn't have to keep supporting and making something available. That's their prerogative. Doesn't mean they abandoned the products, leaving them open to be downloaded by whoever. I wish I could get a copy of Eye of the Beholder. It's unavailable. That sucks. But me going out and swiping a copy is still me stealing. It's like saying it's okay to go after the treasure because the guard stopped giving a shit and went out for nachos instead. If you're not supposed to be there, then you're not, regardless of how many guards are involved.
To me stealing woud be if you copy a game and then sell it to others.
To actually steal something you have to gain the source code/orginal game.
It dosnt help me if im a theif and snatch a copy since the creator can just change the code sligtly or updating the game making my so called stealed copy unrellevant.

With that said, im not supporting piracy wholeheartily but calling them thiefs is a little stretching it to far.
Post edited February 23, 2014 by Lodium
Vel_Grozny: Regional pricing... Not cool, GOG. Unless you do something similar as you did with the Witcher2 (another game as a compensation for higher price).
GaminggUy45: This is what was posted on the front page. we will be offering anyone who pre-orders or buys one of them a free game from a selection as a gift from GOG.com, just like we did for The Witcher 2
Can anyone quote me if Witcher 2 is still regionally priced?

I don't think it is, but I don't know for sure ...
The Witcher 3?
Sogi-Ya: Can anyone quote me if Witcher 2 is still regionally priced?

Not anymore. It used to be 26$ till the previous year. At some point (the summer?), it fell to 20$.
CharlesGrey: ( And what kind of retarded boycott is that supposed to be anyway, @ MW2. If they already bought the game, why would EA care, even if they all stopped playing? *facepalm* )
RS1978: Don't ask me. I've never played a COD nor have I plans to boycott GOG. I've posted this just for fun. ;)
Ditto. To both of that, actually. :)

Although, I might do a MW2 style GOG boycott.

*organizes anti-regional pricing protest group* ... *pre-orders all the new games as soon as they're available*
RS1978: Don't ask me. I've never played a COD nor have I plans to boycott GOG. I've posted this just for fun. ;)
CharlesGrey: Ditto. To both of that, actually. :)

Although, I might do a MW2 style GOG boycott.

*organizes anti-regional pricing protest group* ... *pre-orders all the new games as soon as they're available*
Lol, laughed so hard from this.
RS1978: That's my main reason for being customer here as well. As far I can buy DRM-free games uncensored here, I will remain. But if I have to pay German taxes, I want full German language support too.
JohnnyDollar: I can't fault you for wanting your native language. I wouldn't mind seeing GOG introduce an age verification system so that adults aren't censored, either.

This is off topic a little, but I remember when I bought TW2 here I got a censored version. I went back and forth with them over that. Telling me to download someone else's game file doesn't cut it. They called it a fan patch, which it wasn't, it was just one file that was held out of that censored version. I wanted GOG to provide the file, not some forum member hosting it on a file sharing site somewhere. I didn't care and still don't care about playing the game and getting a sex scene. That wasn't point. I shouldn't have gotten a censored version to begin with, and they should have provided the file to correct it, not tell me to download another member's files.

I don't know if that ever did get corrected...
No, it was never fixed due legal issues with the Australian government as far as I know. Such censorship and similiar restrictions are my actual problem with this new regional pricing system. A working age verification would be a lot better than selling crippled game versions. I'm willing to pay higher prices if this is the only way to get certain publishers and games here on board, but I'm not willing to buy censored games. You*'re right, that's not a matter of more gore, violence or sex scenes, that's a matter of personal freedom. If a game it's to brutal in my eyes, then I'm the man who have to judge this, not any other persons.
groze: snip
Sorry, my bad, 100% my fault. I didn't realize I was persecuting or being unfair to you, but that seems to be the way it works. I can be a real ass even when I'm not realizing it or intending it. (My ex-wife has verified this on more than one occasion.)

I wish you the very best and I won't respond furthers to yours either. Just wanted to say I was at fault here.
Post edited February 23, 2014 by OldFatGuy
silentbob1138: Watching that video makes the decision to allow regional pricing even more insane. Less than a year ago they explained why it is wrong and now they do it anyway. Have the guys in the video left Gog recently?
You may want to try less than a couple of months ago:

GOG.com: The First 5 Years

rampancy: With all of the talk about enforcing regional pricing, an improved updating system, and GOG's willingness to compromise on its principles, here's what I'd predict will happen - GOG will release a semi-optional client akin to Steam, to replace the Downloader. That way they'd be able to manage downloads and updates, while ensuring that regional pricing will be enforced. They'd also be able to manage what kinds of extra "rewards", if any, users could have depending on their region.

At this point, I think DRM is going to eventually come to GOG, but it'll take the form of something like the Mac App Store, where you can download and install (and copy) your games at will to as many computers as you wish, provided that they're tied to an online account that requires a one-time-only online registration. That way GOG can spin the path they've taken with DRM as one that's progressive and "pro-consumer", much like how they've tried to do here with regional pricing.
Why does this sound like a nightmare to me?
GaminggUy45: This is what was posted on the front page. we will be offering anyone who pre-orders or buys one of them a free game from a selection as a gift from GOG.com, just like we did for The Witcher 2

I'm not going to buy it again, but my secondary acount (used here) says it isn't (see attached).
Attachments:

No, it isn't (at least for German buyers - 19,99 $).
Post edited February 23, 2014 by RS1978
Yeah...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRdfYwvGTos
...remember?

Regional pricing was the main problem, besides drm, that I never bought any game (except in 80+% sales) in Steam directly. I bought keys from god knows where, because it is just a pain in the ass to have to pay the same amount of € as the others do in $ for example.

I do not accept this decision in any way.
It makes me sad, that gog.com turns out to be some other digital game store. There are two reasons left to buy games from gog.com

1. good old games
2. drm free games

Maybe some of your "partners" thinks drm free is not in your hands anymore. Then what?

Well played GOG... well played.
Post edited February 23, 2014 by HyperKraenk
CarrionCrow: That doesn't make sense. Unavailable doesn't mean abandoned. A company doesn't have to keep supporting and making something available. That's their prerogative. Doesn't mean they abandoned the products, leaving them open to be downloaded by whoever. I wish I could get a copy of Eye of the Beholder. It's unavailable. That sucks. But me going out and swiping a copy is still me stealing. It's like saying it's okay to go after the treasure because the guard stopped giving a shit and went out for nachos instead. If you're not supposed to be there, then you're not, regardless of how many guards are involved.
Lodium: To me stealing woud be if you copy a game and then sell it to others.
To actually steal something you have to gain the source code/orginal game.
It dosnt help me if im a theif and snatch a copy since the creator can just change the code sligtly or updating the game making my so called stealed copy unrellevant.

With that said, im not supporting piracy wholeheartily but calling them thiefs is a little stretching it to far.
Used to look at things a bit differently. But if you spend long enough looking at pages with a thousand, ten thousand, five hundred thousand views? It punches holes in the "well, maybe they're poor/don't have access/whatever" rationale and makes me think, "Okay, a whole lot of people are stealing the hell out of Video Game/TV Show/Movie/Music Whatever". I'd use the term thief on this one since it's definitely what I would have applied to myself. Cut past the excuses, the reasons, all that, and it comes down to a lot of people taking a lot of shit that isn't theirs.
Novotnus: I'd really want to know what company was the one that made it happen.
I’d love to know too, because I have a very bad suspicion it’s one of the crowdfunded games.

Novotnus: I hope we will find out... and find enough integrity in ourselves to ignore those publishers wherever they appear.
I’d love and will vote with my wallet, but here’s an odd situation I might be finding myself in – if any of the games to come here with regional pricing are Kickstarter games (as this repeated mention of Divinity: Original Sin indicates), I may have already “supported” their practices via being a backer and redeeming my code on GOG inspite of not knowing anything of the current turn of events and not having paid the regional prices.

How does me redeeming my codes colour me?