It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

We have excellent news for all of us classics lovers – a whole lot of iconic titles published by SNEG are joining our catalog today with discounts just in time for the Winter Sale!

Let’s give the warmest of welcomes to: Phantasie Memorial Set, Prophecy of the Shadow, Great Naval Battles: The Final Fury, Renegade: Battle for Jacob's Star, Savage Warriors, Wargame Construction Set, Wargame Construction Set II: Tanks!, Wargame Construction Set III: Age of Rifles 1846-1905 + Campaigns, Star Command, Warbreeds, and SSI Classics Bundle.

All of them are here to give us that warm nostalgic feeling and offer the beloved good old gameplay we never get enough of. Let’s take a closer look at them:

Phantasie Memorial Set (-15%)
This masterpiece compiles the classic RPG trilogy, featuring party-based adventures, turn-based combat, diverse classes, and epic quests. Games from the Phantasie series played a pivotal role in shaping the RPG genre as a whole during its early days. Debuting in 1985 with the release of Phantasie I, the series continued to expand with the sequels Phantasie II (1986) and Phantasie III: The Wrath of Nikademus (1987). With their blend of turn-based combat, exploration, and character development, they set the stage for many RPGs to come.

All three games that you’ll find within the Phantasie Memorial Set are absolute must-plays for any fan of not only the role-playing genre, but gaming all together. It’s time to (re)discover the classics that started this passion for games for many of us.

And if you like to know more about the series, check out our article HERE.

Prophecy of the Shadow (-15%)
A 1992 fantasy role-playing game developed by Strategic Simulations for MS-DOS. In this title, the land is slowly dying, and it is your mission to find out why. Your character is a disciple of Larkin of Bannerwick, but when he is murdered, you are blamed for his death. What’s also unfortunate is that you possess magical powers, but the king has outlawed all magic.

Great Naval Battles: The Final Fury (-15%)
A compilation of all titles from the Great Naval Battles series – naval vessels combat simulators. All of them depict different conflicts, ranging from World War I to warfare in the North Atlantic during World War II. Every game provides a choice between individual ship views and fleet command views, and you can choose individual stations to operate during the game.

Renegade: Battle for Jacob's Star (-15%)
Published in 1995 and set in FASA's Renegade Legion universe, this title is an adaptation of the Interceptor board game mechanics as a space simulation shooter. You’ll find yourself as a pilot in a distant part of the universe, flying missions solo or with your wingmen.

Savage Warriors (-15%)
A 1995 fighting game pitting warriors plucked out of time and forced to battle each other. It features 10 main characters and 5 secret characters fighting over interactive terrain with a variety of weapons.

Wargame Construction Set (-15%)
A 1986 strategy game that lets you design and play turn-based tactical battles. You can create scenarios in many different time periods including modern day, ancient times, 1800's, and even in the future. With the complete control over all the units, and customization of their firepower, movement points, strength, aggressiveness and other statistics, you can truly become the battleground mastermind.

Also available as a part of Wargame Construction Set Pack.

Wargame Construction Set II: Tanks! (-15%)
A 1994 tactical level wargame of armored conflict from WWI to the 1990s. It offers limitless small scale tactical armored confrontations using the various tanks and tools of mechanized warfare. You choose one of three climates, pick opposing forces, and assign objectives. In addition, there are over 20 ready to play historical scenarios and a campaign feature included.

Wargame Construction Set III: Age of Rifles 1846-1905 + Campaigns (-15%)
A 1996 strategy that simulates battles throughout the era of percussion rifles, roughly comprising the second half of the 19th century. It provides several dozen battle scenarios, as well as a scenario editor in which you can develop your own battles.

Star Command (-15%)
A 1988 space role-playing game in which the story takes place in a dystopian future where Earth was destroyed by hostile aliens and humans, now located in a far space of the universe called "the triangle", must face a double war to survive. You’ll create a crew of eight characters that complete missions from Star Command to earn credits and training for personnel. Your crew can explore planets to obtain valuables, and can board disabled enemy ships to fight their crews and commandeer their ship.

Warbreeds (-15%)
A strategy game where the objective is to become the ruler of the fallen Empire. Defeat your enemies and steal their genetic material to expand your clan’s skills and firepower. Engineer and customize your army with a vast mixture of advanced bio-technological weaponry.

SSI Classics (-33%)
And as a cherry on top, there’s a special bundle full of classics which will enhance your library with:

Phantasie Memorial Set
CyClones
Dark Legions
Fantasy General
Great Naval Battles: The Final Fury
Necrodome
Pacific General
Prophecy of the Shadow
Renegade: Battle for Jacob's Star
Star Command
Star General
The Summoning
Veil of Darkness
Wargame Construction Set
Wargame Construction Set II: Tanks!
Wargame Construction Set III: Age of Rifles 1846-1905
War Wind II

Today is a great day to be a fan of classics. We couldn’t be happier to have those gems in our store. Make sure to check them out, pick your favorites, and of course don’t miss all the available Winter Sale bargains. Enjoy!
I had the bad luck of being strongly interested in all of them. I was waiting for them for years, and I self gifted the pack, after all, my birthday is this month. I spent more money than I use to spend in a single purchase but they are 12 games I was waiting for years.

Having a lot of fun with Phantasie. I have a couple of questions about it, something is not too clear in the manual.

How the "share" and objects work? has it something to do with the way the game is saved in cities?

I mean, when I save in the city a screen to share XP and Gold is shown and you can choose between 1 to 3 for each character, once I do it the XP for each character is different than before but not in a rational way, and when I tought I could train one of my guys they still are in level 1 and with the need of more XP to advance than before

Prophecy of the Shadow runs fine but the game suffers of a slighty mouse lag in the world screen, I tried different speeds in DOSBOX but it is still a bit uncomfortable. Any trick? By default the game runs around 11000 cycles.

As a final note I can not recommend Star Command too much, it is an extremely detailed old school CRPG/Space Exploration game pretty focused in replayability.
The reading of the manual is strongly recomended to know some important details about how the characters evolve, but overall is also pretty straighforward to be played with every option possible on screen. It should be very easy interface wise compared with other games from the era, even those based in mouse input. If I am not wrong the designer was the same of Phantasie.

And about Great Naval Battles and Wargame Construction Set titles, maybe they are not the cup of tea for a lot of people (Hardcore hex based wargames and simulators, real time, pausable military naval games) but they were some of my favourites for years, a fan of the genre. Quality titles indeed.
Gudadantza: Having a lot of fun with Phantasie. I have a couple of questions about it, something is not too clear in the manual.

I mean, when I save in the city a screen to share XP and Gold is shown and you can choose between 1 to 3 for each character, once I do it the XP for each character is different than before but not in a rational way
I haven't bought the pack yet, but you are aware, that the (1, 2, 3) refers to 1 to 3 shares of whatever?

If (!) I remember correctly, the total amount of whatever gets divided by the number of party members (usually 6), and then attributed to each party member accordingly to your choice.

So, if you have e.g. 180 gold and you want to distribute that to all members, each share would be 30 gold.

Let's say you give the first member 1 share, then five shares are left to distribute among the other five members.

But if you now give 3 shares (90 gold) to the second member, only 2 shares are left, so you can either give the next member 2 shares (and the rest 3 gets nothing), or you can give the next 2 members 1 share each (and the rest 2 will get nothing).

The most fair and equal way to share everything would therefore be to give each party member 1 share.

But like I said: it has been a few decades since I played these games the last time. However I'm pretty positive that that's the way sharing works.

Edit1: typo

Edit 2:
Come to think of it, it may also be the case, that the total number gets divided by the number of shares you apply.
So, let's say, you divide the total as follows:
Member 1 - 3 (shares)
Member 2 - 2
Member 3 - 2
Member 4 - 1
Member 5 - 2
Member 6 - 3
then the total number of gold (in my example: 180) would get divided by 13 shares (~14 gold /share).

That would mean:
Member 1 - gets 42 gold
Member 2 - gets 28 gold
Member 3 - gets 28 gold
Member 4 - gets 14 gold
Member 5 - gets 28 gold
Member 6 - gets 40 gold
(approximated values, since 180 gold / 13 shares is an odd ~13,85 gold/share)
Post edited December 20, 2023 by BreOl72
Gudadantza: Having a lot of fun with Phantasie. I have a couple of questions about it, something is not too clear in the manual.

I mean, when I save in the city a screen to share XP and Gold is shown and you can choose between 1 to 3 for each character, once I do it the XP for each character is different than before but not in a rational way
BreOl72: I haven't bought the pack yet, but you are aware, that the (1, 2, 3) refers to 1 to 3 shares of whatever?

If (!) I remember correctly, the total amount of whatever gets divided by the number of party members (usually 6), and then attributed to each party member accordingly to your choice.

So, if you have e.g. 180 gold and you want to distribute that to all members, each share would be 30 gold.

Let's say you give the first member 1 share, then five shares are left to distribute among the other five members.

But if you now give 3 shares (90 gold) to the second member, only 2 shares are left, so you can either give the next member 2 shares (and the rest 3 gets nothing), or you can give the next 2 members 1 share each (and the rest 2 will get nothing).

The most fair and equal way to share everything would therefore be to give each party member 1 share.

But like I said: it has been a few decades since I played these games the last time. However I'm pretty positive that that's the way sharing works.

Edit: typo
Thatks for the response.

More or less it is what I thought but the result is not too clear to me. All is a bit confusing and the usefulness for such micromanaging is a bit debatable, I understand that sometimes you are interested the most in give more XP or Gold to someone and not to others, but what I see in the end is that the XP received is not too clear, anyways maybe it is me and all is easier than it appears to be.

If I am not wrong, in the third title one of the changes was get rid of it, at least the distribution of objects

Greetings
Post edited December 20, 2023 by Gudadantza
Gudadantza: Thatks for the response.
More or less it is what I thought but the result is not too clear to me.
You're welcome.
Apparently, I was writing an edit to my previous post, while you posted you comment.

Without playing the game again myself (and checking, how the numbers are really divided) I can't give any better (possible) explanation(s), sorry.
At the moment the offline download files for "Great Naval Battles: The Final Fury" are still missing on gog.com...
hemo69: At the moment the offline download files for "Great Naval Battles: The Final Fury" are still missing on gog.com...
Yep, a day has passed and all we get is a manual... :|
Waganari: Well, to be honest, none of these titles interest me... but, if it's "old" then it's welcomed. Especially if it's titles from the '90s and '00s.
dtgreene: Well, some of them are actually from the '80s.

Honestly, I think I happen to specifically like '80s RPGs, both WRPGs and JRPGs. (With that said, back in that era, there weren't as many differences between these two genres. You have WRPGs with JRPG-style world maps (Ultima 1-5, for example, and I believe Phantasie 1-3, Shard of Spring, and Demon's Winter. On the other hand, on the JRPG side, you have Dragon Quest 1 with its open world, dark dungeons where you can't see without a torch or spell, and single-use keys (like in Ultima 2-4). Or, for that matter, Final Fantasy 2, with its open world (though you have to go through the dungeons in a specific order, so it's still linear despite that) and keyword system for dialogs.)
I know.

I see now that the way I expressed myself might not have been the most clear, but what I meant to say was that even thou I'm all for good old games being released here, I'm most interested in titles from those two decades. But again... if it's "old", then bring it on!

;]
I'm just curious...

What is SNEG? I know the original Nintendo is referred to as SNES, so does it have something to do with Nintendo? Were these all originally SNES games?
OldFatGuy: I'm just curious...

What is SNEG? I know the original Nintendo is referred to as SNES, so does it have something to do with Nintendo? Were these all originally SNES games?
Oleg Klapovskiy and Artem Shchuiko. They used to work for GOG for a long time, then quit and made their own game preservation company, called SNEG. Nothing to do with Nintendo.
Here's an interview with them about SNEG.

And here's an old GOG documentary with both Oleg and Artem featured there.
Post edited December 21, 2023 by SargonAelther
OldFatGuy: I know the original Nintendo is referred to as SNES
Actually, the original Nintendo is the NES. The SNES is the Super Nintendo (the one that launched with Super Mario World).
OldFatGuy: I know the original Nintendo is referred to as SNES
dtgreene: Actually, the original Nintendo is the NES. The SNES is the Super Nintendo (the one that launched with Super Mario World).
Oh yeah, that's right. First NES, then SNES, then N64. My bad.

ADDED: I've gotta say, that Phantasie Memorial Set looks very intriguing to me.
Post edited December 21, 2023 by OldFatGuy
Phantasie's overworld screenshots, for some reason, remind me of Zelda 2.

(Of course, I know that the games are otherwise nothing alike, to the point where I wouldn't even place them in the same genre.)
Gudadantza: How the "share" work?

Ok, so since your question awakened my curiosity, I fired up my C64 version of "Phantasie III" today, and gave it a try.

Turned out, my second theory was correct:
the total amount (of gold, etc) gets divided by the number of shares that you assign to the different members of your party.

In my example (attachment), my party has a total of 1024 gold.

In a first try, I gave every member 1 share.
My party has 6 members, so that's a total of 6 shares.
Now, if you divide 1024 gold by 6 shares, you get 170 gold/share plus a rest of 4 gold.
That rest of 4 gold gets assigned to the first party member automatically.
So, the first party member gets 4 gold more than the rest (= 174 instead of 170).

In my second try, I gave the first and fourth member 3 shares, the second and fifth member 2 shares, and the third and sixth member 1 share.
That's a total of 12 shares.
If we divide 1024 gold by 12 shares, we get 85 gold/share plus a rest of 4 gold.
And again: that rest of 4 gold gets automatically assigned to the first party member (= 259 instead of 255).

That should (?) explain the "irrational" numbers you see, when you're dividing your party's assets.
Attachments:
Gudadantza: How the "share" work?

BreOl72: Ok, so since your question awakened my curiosity, I fired up my C64 version of "Phantasie III" today, and gave it a try.

Turned out, my second theory was correct:
the total amount (of gold, etc) gets divided by the number of shares that you assign to the different members of your party.

In my example (attachment), my party has a total of 1024 gold.

In a first try, I gave every member 1 share.
My party has 6 members, so that's a total of 6 shares.
Now, if you divide 1024 gold by 6 shares, you get 170 gold/share plus a rest of 4 gold.
That rest of 4 gold gets assigned to the first party member automatically.
So, the first party member gets 4 gold more than the rest (= 174 instead of 170).

In my second try, I gave the first and fourth member 3 shares, the second and fifth member 2 shares, and the third and sixth member 1 share.
That's a total of 12 shares.
If we divide 1024 gold by 12 shares, we get 85 gold/share plus a rest of 4 gold.
And again: that rest of 4 gold gets automatically assigned to the first party member (= 259 instead of 255).

That should (?) explain the "irrational" numbers you see, when you're dividing your party's assets.
Now I think, things are more clear to me. Thanks. Obviously with the XP all is the same.

My main doubt was basically where the rest of money/exp ended up ( if any ) and now it is solved. It's the first guy in the party who takes it.

This system makes sense with the XP, interesting feature, but with the money it is a bit glitchy. The share amount use to be added automatically to their bank account, and I do not know how the C64 version works but in the PC version the one who take the money from the bank account is irrelevant because when you pay it doesnt really matter who owns the money. Making the money distribution a bit pointless. But in the end it makes the game less chore and micromanaging than Wizardry or Bards Tale

Greetings
Post edited December 21, 2023 by Gudadantza
Gudadantza: snip
Glad I could help. :)

Just for confirmation reasons, I made a third quick run of the numbers.
This time I gave every member of my party 3 shares (6x3 = 18 shares).

1024 gold / 18 shares = 56 gold/share (plus a rest of 16 gold)

Members "2 to 6" received 168 gold.
Member "1" received 184 gold - 16 more than the others.

So, it works every time.
Attachments:
16_more.jpg (64 Kb)
Post edited December 21, 2023 by BreOl72