It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

When we started our journey 15 years ago, one of our most important goals was to do our best to preserve games and make them last forever. Allowing video games history, once-loved gems, to be lost in time, is something we cannot just stand and watch – we fight, for current and future generations to be able to enjoy games; all games, not just the newest, popular releases. Today, we stand proudly by our mission, and we’re extremely happy to announce the re-release of a cherished classic that, thanks to our efforts, has been successfully archived in the GOG catalog, to enjoy anew.

Alpha Protocol is back – better than ever, with a -10% launch discount until April 3rd, 2 PM UTC!

That’s right, this Alpha Protocol, the Espionage RPG, is making a grand return 14 years after its initial premiere. With conjoined forces of GOG, Obsidian Entertainment and SEGA, we’ve made sure to make it better than ever; compatible with modern PCs, with licensed soundtrack and performance improvements that are sure to make this timeless classic, yet again, your favorite spy story.

But that’s not all we have up our sleeves, of course! For this incredibly special occasion, we’ve prepared a one-of-a-kind documentary video, where the process of bringing back Alpha Protocol is extensively explained – including interviews with its creators, as well as our own team members. You can watch it below!
Syphon72: You're saying this, like it's a bad thing.
KvellertaK: because its obviously a bad thing, exclusives is cancer in gaming industry

I can get over timed ones (like 1 year), thay need get money back for invested effort
So if a game is exclusive to Steam, you ask for it to be on other platforms, correct? My point is that when a game is DRM-free, it's not really exclusive. You can buy the game on GOG and play it on Steam.

Exclusives are just some bull DRM platforms made up to force people to use their service. Sure, you need a GOG account to buy it, but after that, you don't need GOG anymore. This is the same for any DRM-free game out there, in my opinion.
Post edited March 20, 2024 by Syphon72
Syphon72: You're saying this, like it's a bad thing.
KvellertaK: because its obviously a bad thing, exclusives is cancer in gaming industry

I can get over timed ones (like 1 year), thay need get money back for invested effort
How are they BAD when it comes to PC like GOG? If Steam had everything DRM free like GOG I would agree but we need exclusives like this to discover GOG and become members. Instead Steam is DRM laden and has the lead by far with even Epic having problems matching them. Does Steam push for non-exclusive status? Heck no. Is Valve putting their product on GOG? No but CD Projekt Red does.
The only non-exclusive argument I get is for consoles and for PC if that other storefront is itch.io and other DRM Free places. Even then I get Nintendo having exclusives as we would never get games like "Bayonetta 2" or 3 without this, same with the newer Fatal Frames and Astral Chain.
Thanks a lot GOG! You guys are, as always, awesome! This game is so rare, that you cannot even pirate it. Thanks for bringing back one of my favorite games of all time, which I can now legally own thanks to you!

Syphon72: So if game is exclusives to steam you ask for it to be on other platforms correct? My point is when game is DRM free it's not really exclusives. You can buy the game on GOG and play it on steam.
1 - dont have problems with multiplatform releases, I suppose this count as yes
2 - no I cant, because its not tied properly to steam account/eco system and all of its features

PS Update

I forgot I am stepping in the hornet nest of DRM Free fanatics, sorry, dont have time for discussions that will end in nothing
Post edited March 20, 2024 by KvellertaK
Syphon72: So if game is exclusives to steam you ask for it to be on other platforms correct? My point is when game is DRM free it's not really exclusives. You can buy the game on GOG and play it on steam.
KvellertaK: 1 - dont have problems with multiplatform releases, I suppose this count as yes
2 - no I cant, because its not tied properly to steam account/eco system and all of its features
The second question explains everything now.
KvellertaK: 1 - dont have problems with multiplatform releases, I suppose this count as yes
Syphon72: The second question explains everything now.
I would ask them if they would buy it at GOG instead to show their support but their games list is privated so I wouldn't be able to check if they bought it if they said yes. So they could just lie to me/you here and say they would/did.
high rated
KvellertaK: 2 - no I cant, because its not tied properly to steam account/eco system and all of its features
Why are you even here if you just want to buy stuff on Steam?
Ok, I'm mad : I bought this game on my xbox 360, then PC and ... again on PC !
That's pretty funny : I've checked the new "2024"games recently : outcast, Alone in the dark and.. well Sorry but I keep coming to older games. why ? Because developers RESPECT their customers.
Now... if we can get a sequel to this one.... what a joy ! Right now : a big THANKS to GOG. We love you !!!
So I was right! :p
Very nice release. A big thank you to everyone involved. Keep it coming GOG, that is why we love you :) Cheers
Post edited March 20, 2024 by deja65
high rated
More controller support, fixing for modern systems, added Achievement support on PC (which never had that before here!), and fully DRM-FREE - yeah, this is how to bring the classics to GOG.

Love seeing this underrated game hit GOG. Such a flawed, underrated diamond in the rough.

I have this from Steam and Retail-box on disc already - but man, that Achievement addition is sweet. We need more of that from PC Games that lacked Achievements on PC, even though their console-versions actually had it. I'm not the biggest Achievement fan - but still, more of THAT please.
My longest Yeah BOOOOOOOOOOOOI ever, I spammed the link to all my friends
Congrats on the great release and game preservation act GOG and everyone else involved!
Great win for the gaming community.
Great! A fantastic game that, not only is comming to GOG but it's an exclusive and the steam-ing pile of **** is not getting it!

I never make this kind of comments but it's so nice to be on the winning side for one. Suck it valve!

And to all GOG staff: nicely done!! Here's hopping there are more are to come.
Mi ... Mi ... Mina?