It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

When we started our journey 15 years ago, one of our most important goals was to do our best to preserve games and make them last forever. Allowing video games history, once-loved gems, to be lost in time, is something we cannot just stand and watch – we fight, for current and future generations to be able to enjoy games; all games, not just the newest, popular releases. Today, we stand proudly by our mission, and we’re extremely happy to announce the re-release of a cherished classic that, thanks to our efforts, has been successfully archived in the GOG catalog, to enjoy anew.

Alpha Protocol is back – better than ever, with a -10% launch discount until April 3rd, 2 PM UTC!

That’s right, this Alpha Protocol, the Espionage RPG, is making a grand return 14 years after its initial premiere. With conjoined forces of GOG, Obsidian Entertainment and SEGA, we’ve made sure to make it better than ever; compatible with modern PCs, with licensed soundtrack and performance improvements that are sure to make this timeless classic, yet again, your favorite spy story.

But that’s not all we have up our sleeves, of course! For this incredibly special occasion, we’ve prepared a one-of-a-kind documentary video, where the process of bringing back Alpha Protocol is extensively explained – including interviews with its creators, as well as our own team members. You can watch it below!
Syphon72: It will probably come to steam with the GOG fixed, like a bunch of games.
The game is DRM free. You can literally add it to your steam launcher, if you want to play on steam so bad.
EchoOfMidgar: There is no single GOG-fixed game on Steam. If there are old games on Steam, they are not GOG-fixed.
Okay, maybe I'm wrong. I thought some were from what I remember
SuperTiso: If I own this on Steam, do I need this GOG version? Is the GOG version essentially a remaster?
Syphon72: Not sure about you're first question. Never played the steam version.

The game is not remaster on GOG. It's a touch up version to run on modern systems better if I'm correct. Maybe someone can explain better for me. Haha
It is a re-release adjusted (just like all GOG games) to run on modern OS plus it has achievements which were previously console only.
Syphon72: Not sure about you're first question. Never played the steam version.

The game is not remaster on GOG. It's a touch up version to run on modern systems better if I'm correct. Maybe someone can explain better for me. Haha
EchoOfMidgar: It is a re-release adjusted (just like all GOG games) to run on modern OS plus it has achievements which were previously console only.
Alright, that confirms it. GOG is the better version over my Steam copy so I have to buy this.
UnashamedWeeb: link
Thank you, GOG. I don't play many action shooter RPGs, but this definitely looks up my alley.

Here's the documentary since it doesn't seem linked in the OP - https://youtu.be/UBXbrofwKwM?si=Le8jibIr_hmo3OrV
Post edited March 20, 2024 by UnashamedWeeb
and bought
This is one of the most underappreciated games I've ever played, a true diamond in the rough. It's rough around the edges, but it's an amazing experience and it's a damn shame this never got a true sequel.

So hyped to see GOG not only bring this game back, but add content (like achievements since my disc copy and Steam copy didn't have that). Thank you so very much GOG.
LunaRosalie: Nice to see this game relisted and alive hope it comes to steam
Sarang: So you can buy it there? I am super confused why we should want it on Steam. Having it on GOG is a statement of how they are dedicated to seeing these games preserved, made available to a new generation. Steam doesn't care about that one bit.
because thats where i prefer to buy all my games; I love gog and DRM free and have always sent my friends here because they want DRM free copies.
But me personally am A steam user, if its not on steam then I don't really care; Disappointing to me but at least i can send my friends this way who missed this classic.

The one thing that I hate is exclusivity and just want to use my platform of choice, if its not there then my wallet doesn't open easy as that. just like ive supported wanting multiple new release games to come to gog but businesses are so warpped by Deneuvo etc.

I'm not like the modern gamer itching to play a game to inject it into my veins like a drug i can just wait or just not play it 1000000 of games exist to today and I can fill time with others.
Post edited March 20, 2024 by LunaRosalie
What a way to start your spring sale! Thx GOG!
Post edited March 20, 2024 by adikad13000
Sarang: So you can buy it there? I am super confused why we should want it on Steam. Having it on GOG is a statement of how they are dedicated to seeing these games preserved, made available to a new generation. Steam doesn't care about that one bit.
LunaRosalie: because thats where i prefer to buy all my games; I love gog and DRM free and have always sent my friends here because they want DRM free copies.
But me personally am A steam user, if its not on steam then I don't really care; Disappointing to me but at least i can send my friends this way who missed this classic.

The one thing that I hate is exclusivity and just want to use my platform of choice, if its not there then my wallet doesn't open easy as that. just like ive supported wanting multiple new release games to come to gog but businesses are so warpped by Deneuvo etc.

I'm not like the modern gamer itching to play a game to inject it into my veins like a drug i can just wait or just not play it 1000000 of games exist to today and I can fill time with others.
"i love gog and DRM free", "But me personally am A steam user, if its not on steam then I don't really care"

Those statements conflict with each other. You say you love DRM free but will only buy on Steam. Is this what is called a sock puppet account?

edit: Judging by your game list I hope it stays on GOG as you ended up buying "Diablo" here. One more sale to help GOG.
Post edited March 20, 2024 by Sarang
hmm, kind of a low discount for a game that used to be discounted heavily often, but I might buy it even 10% off despite having a boxed copy and a steam copy. The game is too good :D
high rated
Sometimes gog disappoints me. But not this time.
This is one of the reasons I still buy games on gog today.
And every time I see gog do something like this I make purchases within a few days even if they weren't planned.
My backlog continues to grow so I wouldn't need to make any new purchases... but the reality is that I also enjoy supporting these initiatives.
There are also times when gog disappoints me, when it publishes something with drm (like the cyberpunk and the witcher 3 dlc extras linked to the cd project account, which is why I haven't bought cyberpunk 2077 yet and I haven't updated the witcher 3 ), pushing gog galaxy, trying to minimize the steps backwards made towards the ideals (like adding regional prices).
When gog fires so many people, when it makes people work beyond normal working hours, when it doesn't respect workers' basic rights.
But there are also times when I'm proud to shop on gog, particularly when it preserves forgotten games and when it manages to get a truly DRM-free triple-A (but also many great indie) game (as has happened with many Sony titles recently and also with Skyrim and Fallout 4 (which they arrived without the internal Creation Club store, so completely drm-free)).

I did not know about Alpha Protocol before today... But I think any game preserved is positive.
high rated
Can anyone confirm if the GOG fixes interfere with Win 7 compatibility at all?
high rated
LunaRosalie: because thats where i prefer to buy all my games; I love gog and DRM free and have always sent my friends here because they want DRM free copies.
You can add the game to your Steam library and play it like a normal Steam game. So at the end of the day, you can still play the game on your favorite platform. It's not like the GOG version, has some kind of DRM stopping it from being used anywhere else but GOG. 
KvellertaK: its timed gog exclusive or it will be buried here forever as SWAT4 ?
Syphon72: You're saying this, like it's a bad thing.
because its obviously a bad thing, exclusives is cancer in gaming industry

I can get over timed ones (like 1 year), thay need get money back for invested effort
Awesome news! Got the game despite completing it on Steam a long time ago just to support the endeavor.

The only sour spot for me is the fact the new additions (achievements, cloud saves) are basically useless on a Linux system, since the GOG launcher is not really supported. I hope that changes, Steam's support of Linux is a major selling point and it seems like a natural fit with the DRM-free spirit.