It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Welcome back to Bright Falls.

After a prolonged leave of absence in order to pursue his music rights, spooked book writer Alan Wake is now back on sale in all his original glory!

To celebrate, turn your flashlights skywards and then grab Alan Wake 80% off until November 1st, 4pm UTC.

Additionally, American Nightmare, the game's acclaimed spinoff, just got a permanent price drop and is also 80% off on top of that, so the time to complete the series is now.
Post edited October 25, 2018 by maladr0Id
Crisco1492: But how long was this in limbo?
HunchBluntley: It was pulled in mid-May 2017, so not quite a year and a half.
Thanks. Glad it came back!
MarkoH01: Soundtrack - missing!
You mean this?

It says:
The soundtrack of Alan Wake's American Nightmare and sheet music of Alan Wake, both composed by Petri Alanko.

The soundtrack is only for AW:AN, right? (Which GOG doesn't have either.)
I'm holding out hope that 2k bringing more of their more recent titles here will eventually lead to Rockstar's stuff finally coming to GOG.
Nice, I didn't get to buy it before. This reminds me that I hope they get Duke Nukem 3D back too since I need to buy it.
Even though I have bought this game a long time ago it's good to see it back. Especially without the Mafia treatment.

I can only recommend everyone to buy this game as long as it's on sale. At -80% it's basically a steal.
nice one!
I may still have an unused key somewhere in my library, still great re-release. Thanks a lot Remedy and GOG!
Kristian: Got a source for that? I tried both the Wikipedia article on Remedy and Remedy's own website. I couldn't find anything about Microsoft acquiring them.
Microsoft announced it during E3. It looks like maybe the acquisition fell through, though. Still, Microsoft owns the Alan Wake IP, so it's up to them to green light Alan Wake 2.
Post edited October 26, 2018 by finkleroy
Nice :D
Great!
Personally I didn't like the game. But still I'm glad it is back. There are lots of people who like it and having it DRM-free here is way better than not having it! :-)
Well, having this great game back is something quite good to hear

But i have 2 important questions:

1) was the game truncated of anything since its return here ?

2) will people who owned the game prior to its initial vanishing now get "updated" installers with truncated content as well ? or will there be some dual build maintained and two different gameid version of the game ?

Need to know, so that i shall safekeep my old installer in redundant backup instead of just updating the version i have.

Nonetheless, great news !
Djaron: Well, having this great game back is something quite good to hear

But i have 2 important questions:

1) was the game truncated of anything since its return here ?

2) will people who owned the game prior to its initial vanishing now get "updated" installers with truncated content as well ? or will there be some dual build maintained and two different gameid version of the game ?

Need to know, so that i shall safekeep my old installer in redundant backup instead of just updating the version i have.

Nonetheless, great news !
A blue confirmed that the game hasn't been altered in any way.
Whoah, will buy it this weekend :)
Thanks GOG and publisher.
Unfortunately, I had to purchase this game at Steam instead of GOG. Like many games, Steam has the soundtrack available (as a DLC), and GOG does not. This is not the first game I've had to purchase at Steam because GOG doesn't offer the soundtrack, and I'm sure it won't be the last.
I'm surprised we're not getting pop ups ads with GOG's new "Buy it or else!" approach.