It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Damn. Didn't get the chance to get this one.
CharlesGrey: Was the company unwilling to compensate them for their efforts, or what? Or were the fan modders/coders simply unable to agree who deserved compensation? Either way, you'd think they should be happy the game is ( was ) finally available again, if they're really such big fans of it.
I'm not sure about that. According the announcement of the removal on the game's subforum, it was because the people from the community were neither asked for permission or credited when their work was included in the version that was sold on GOG.

"We have reached out to the Re-Volt community, and we are working with the IP right holder to clear all the questions that have arisen about the game build they have supported. "

Considering this was over two years ago, I suppose the negotiations weren't successful.
DyNaer: that doesn't change the fact , originaly the game was promoted as a full game iirc, and gog needed to remove the game.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dark_Matter_%28video_game%29
I just searched up this article and the linked video is hilarious.
CharlesGrey: Was the company unwilling to compensate them for their efforts, or what? Or were the fan modders/coders simply unable to agree who deserved compensation? Either way, you'd think they should be happy the game is ( was ) finally available again, if they're really such big fans of it.
InfraSuperman: I'm not sure about that. According the announcement of the removal on the game's subforum, it was because the people from the community were neither asked for permission or credited when their work was included in the version that was sold on GOG.

"We have reached out to the Re-Volt community, and we are working with the IP right holder to clear all the questions that have arisen about the game build they have supported. "

Considering this was over two years ago, I suppose the negotiations weren't successful.
It is obvious that the revolt community doesn't want new people buying the game and joining their community so it will remain locked down by said community.
Wishbone: Whaaaaa'?

...the game was not well-received critically and sales capped at 27 copies in the US with only 176 copies worldwide.
Wishbone: I've never even heard of it. The fact that a 3rd game in the 7th Guest series ever existed is news to me. Given its predecessors, how could it possibly have sold only 176 copies worldwide?
Interesting indeed. Could GOG get it maybe? Yeah I know, a niche, but just to make the series complete...

GOG could even market is as "the rarest PC game ever!", even if that wasn't exactly true. Damn, copies of those game on ebay must sell in high prices!
That's really sad to hear. :( Tank games are rare on GOG as it is...
As for this Achtung Baby! game, I've apparently bought it from GOG, so I am covered. Hopefully it comes back to GOG.

While the game apparently came to GOG last year, it is a 6 years old game, which makes it more understandable there are now some "rights issues" with it.
Post edited March 09, 2016 by timppu

I've never even heard of it. The fact that a 3rd game in the 7th Guest series ever existed is news to me. Given its predecessors, how could it possibly have sold only 176 copies worldwide?
timppu: Interesting indeed. Could GOG get it maybe? Yeah I know, a niche, but just to make the series complete...

GOG could even market is as "the rarest PC game ever!", even if that wasn't exactly true. Damn, copies of those game on ebay must sell in high prices!
nnnot really
[url=http://www.ebay.com/itm/UNCLE-HENRYS-PLAYHOUSE-brand-new-rare-pc-big-box-factory-sealed-game-/231059791715?hash=item35cc3c9f63:g:L3IAAOxyC5dSPlhM]http://www.ebay.com/itm/UNCLE-HENRYS-PLAYHOUSE-brand-new-rare-pc-big-box-factory-sealed-game-/231059791715?hash=item35cc3c9f63:g:L3IAAOxyC5dSPlhM[/url]

about 37 dollars

sealed and all

i guess it really is superfluous
its just 10 puzzles from the 7th guest and the 11th hour each

why buy it when you can get the proper games complete ?
budejovice: It is obvious that the revolt community doesn't want new people buying the game and joining their community so it will remain locked down by said community.
if only that were the case with POTCO
budejovice: It is obvious that the revolt community doesn't want new people buying the game and joining their community so it will remain locked down by said community.
Sachys: if only that were the case with POTCO
....are they STILL going ?

I've never even heard of it. The fact that a 3rd game in the 7th Guest series ever existed is news to me. Given its predecessors, how could it possibly have sold only 176 copies worldwide?
timppu: Interesting indeed. Could GOG get it maybe? Yeah I know, a niche, but just to make the series complete...

Well, given that it's apparently a Windows-only game from 1996 (correct me if I'm wrong), I'm not sure GOG would want to spend the money trying to get it running on today's machines, assuming very few sales.

I wonder if one of the emulation groups like ScummVM might have a shot, though? I don't know.
Post edited March 09, 2016 by tfishell
People might also own this game on IndieGameStand from one of these 'Pay what you want' sales.

tfishell: Well, given that it's apparently a Windows-only game from 1996 (correct me if I'm wrong), I'm not sure GOG would want to spend the money trying to get it running on today's machines, assuming very few sales.

I wonder if one of the emulation groups like ScummVM might have a shot, though? I don't know.
the only copy on ebay is about 37 dollars
sealed and all
even 20 years down the line its not wanted or needed
Sachys: if only that were the case with POTCO
snowkatt: ....are they STILL going ?
last post feb 6th i think - and newer on the other entry
Well, crud. Not sure if I put it on my Wishlist, but it was certainly on the mental wishlist.

Oh, to show the new 'owner' that we're still interested in picking up this game:

http://www.gog.com/wishlist/games/achtung_panzer_kharkov_1943