It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Johny.: We're very sorry for that, it will be fixed 23 November around 10:00 UTC.
v3: <i>It's ten o'clock, here's Johny.</i>

Joking aside, I believe I share the common sentiment when saying we're very thankful for your efforts and transparency. Whenever the need arises, you're the one to respond quickly and openly so kudos to Johny!
And - at the same time I'm the person responsible for screwing this one up... :(

Emachine9643:
Yes, we know about you and some other users having this problem (chat/wishlist link gives 404 after changing nickname). See this topic for detailed description. My collegues will fix it hopefully sooner than later.
Post edited November 22, 2015 by Johny.

Joking aside, I believe I share the common sentiment when saying we're very thankful for your efforts and transparency. Whenever the need arises, you're the one to respond quickly and openly so kudos to Johny!
Johny.: And - at the same time I'm the person responsible for screwing this one up... :(
Don't be hard on yourself Johny, we all make mistakes, but being honest about it shows one's true asset - the character!
DampSquib: Edit...answered my own question, you did, using your old name works.
Huh..... So it does! I didn't work in the past with my old nick atleast there is some progress. Thanks for the reply! Love the new avatar.

Johny.:
Just refreshing your memory just incase you guys forgot. Thanks.
Post edited November 22, 2015 by Emachine9643
One weird thing is, that the failure shows up exactly on the beginning of the weekend. Like it has waited for the perfect moment when it`s likely that it has the most time -three days- to annoy the people here.

Johny.: And - at the same time I'm the person responsible for screwing this one up... :(

Emachine9643:
Yes, we know about you and some other users having this problem (chat/wishlist link gives 404 after changing nickname). See this topic for detailed description. My collegues will fix it hopefully sooner than later.
Wow, fessing up to this *and* correcting their mistakes, that's a good person there.
Maxvorstadt: One weird thing is, that the failure shows up exactly on the beginning of the weekend. Like it has waited for the perfect moment when it`s likely that it has the most time -three days- to annoy the people here.
A wise man once told me, "if you're going to fail, fail big. That way, all your minor failures thereafter would be insignificant."
Post edited November 22, 2015 by JDelekto
JDelekto: A wise man once told me, "if you're going to fail, fail big. That way, all your minor failures thereafter would be insignificant."
Oh my god - what "minor" failures could GOG have planned for the future? - I am shuddering .....
My "account" button only disappears in the forums. it works on the main store page.
JDelekto: A wise man once told me, "if you're going to fail, fail big. That way, all your minor failures thereafter would be insignificant."
This is very wise indeed, especcially when it comes to women. If you don't do real bullshit once in a while, all your minor flaws (that are considered as cute at first) are held against you and may cause you real trouble. I should have done some big screw-ups in the last years to avoid a lot of trouble, since it has worked really well for others.

MarkoH01: Oh my god - what "minor" failures could GOG have planned for the future? - I am shuddering .....
Don't think about it! :D
Maxvorstadt: One weird thing is, that the failure shows up exactly on the beginning of the weekend. Like it has waited for the perfect moment when it`s likely that it has the most time -three days- to annoy the people here.
Maybe because on fridays engineers do not have enough time to recheck newly implemented changes in practice?

The more interesting thing is that they indeed do not work on weekends. I did not know that.

Regarding the missing account - It's not that bad, once you know all the workarounds and where to find it. I could even get used to it. The thing with the downloads of Eisenwald not working over the weekend was much worse compared to this.
Post edited November 22, 2015 by Trilarion
Trilarion: Maybe because on fridays engineers do not have enough time to recheck newly implemented changes in practice?

The more interesting thing is that they indeed do not work on weekends. I did not know that.

Regarding the missing account - It's not that bad, once you know all the workarounds and where to find it. I could even get used to it. The thing with the downloads of Eisenwald not working over the weekend was much worse compared to this.
Oh boy, do I have some stories to tell. :) I've worked with some "engineers" (if you could call them that) who at times have not only tested their code before they committed it to the source repository, but didn't even "compile" the code to make sure it built, thus failing our continuous integration builds.

...and as far as Friday's go, I think it's probably the most stressful time for any developer who needs to get things done; I can understand the gaff.
Johny.: I've edited my answers, but I'll put info here too - for the time the bug appears (until 23th of November, 10:00 UTC):

To see the account tab and working cart please go to main main page of www.gog.com. You can also go directly to account via link: http://www.gog.com/account

To access chat with user that you did conversate with before, go here: http://www.gog.com/account/chat
To open a new conversation you can either go to this link:
https://www.gog.com/u/USERNAME/chat
(replace "USERNAME" with actual user name)
Or go to
http://www.gog.com/account/friends
Then click "INVITE NEW FRIEND" and search for specific user - then chat or invite him.

To go to users wishlist (if public, otherwise you'll get 404): https://www.gog.com/u/USERNAME/wishlist
(replace "USERNAME" with actual user name)
Thanks for the links, we hope you'll be able to fix this bug soon.
v3:
Yeah, I've been experiencing that the last couple of days nonstop in both Firefox and Chrome so it's definitely not browser related. Prior to that I experienced a problem where the GOG website would not load at all, it just sat there spinning for a very long time in both browsers also. I presume GOG has recently updated their website and broke something and are still in the process of fixing it.

I did a happy dance of flushing the cache/cookies/etc. and logging out and in and every other standard run of the mill troubleshooting/workaround solution to no avail. About 20 minutes ago I tried that all again and it didn't work, then I logged out again and clicked on my GOG bookmark and I was auto-logged in again without having to enter my password which is strange after logging out and blowing away cache and cookies, but lo and behold the site works now.... sort of... I say sort of because well, the ACCOUNT navbar is vanished for me also.

GOG website QA dept. gets an F- grade for November. :)

I am going to plant a flag and speculate that they are currently working on website backend changes for new features and for Galaxy that need to be in place before the next upcoming Galaxy client update, and that that will happen real soon as it's been quite a while since 1.1.5 came out.

Remember, website login authentication is hard! :)
HypersomniacLive: When I first logged in today, from the General Discussion forum page, I was presented with the Sign Up/ Log In buttons instead of the Account tab, even though he page showed my favourited topics and the "New Reply" gears next to some threads. So, I was clearly logged in.

After visiting the front page, where the Account tab showed just fine, I refreshed the forum page, and the nav-bar behaved as should.

It's not the first time, and I'm pretty certain it won't be the last one either.
Yep, exactly the same as what I've experienced and also not the first time although it's been well over a year now since the last time it puked on me. Despite these glitches happening though I feel confident that with GOG's continued expansion that some day in the future they'll be able to afford to hire quality assurance techs for the website and test things internally instead of <span class="bold">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eUFY8Zw0Bag</span> :)

JMich: Hover over an avatar, click "Start conversation", replace he username in the url. It should get you to chat, but not sure if it will work with this issue.
yyahoo: Hmm, maybe it's just me, but hovering over avatars isn't doing anything for me now...
I can confirm that here as well, both Firefox and Chrome
Post edited November 22, 2015 by skeletonbow
Matruchus: Would the web dev team please stop working on the live version of the website please. Its making the account tab issues only worse. Now there is nothing there most of time.
This!
JaqFrost: Probably a really ignorant question, but what is STRG?
real.geizterfahr: That's how the Ctrl key is called on a German keyboard ;)
Wow, didn't know that. That's very STRanGe. :)
Post edited November 22, 2015 by skeletonbow
skeletonbow: I presume GOG has recently updated their website and broke something and are still in the process of fixing it.
Tireless Johny worked during his day and night off and informed us he prepared and tested the fix from home. Deployment is scheduled for tomorrow around 10:01:32 UTC.
skeletonbow: I presume GOG has recently updated their website and broke something and are still in the process of fixing it.
v3: Tireless Johny worked during his day and night off and informed us he prepared and tested the fix from home. Deployment is scheduled for tomorrow around 10:01:32 UTC.
For all the shit they get I do want to give them some big time praise for putting in what seems like a lot of overtime on this one.

Now where's my fucking GOG t-shirt!?