It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

PaterAlf: And maybe a new forum software to celebrate the 10th birthday of GOG. ;)
tfishell: I'm hoping for a whole new site for the 10th anniversary, in September. Unlikely but it'd be a good time for the publicity.
Me too. Maybe I'm being too optimistic, but I do believe that the 10th anniversary will bring many improvements and surprises.
tfishell: I'm hoping for a whole new site for the 10th anniversary, in September. Unlikely but it'd be a good time for the publicity.
muntdefems: Me too. Maybe I'm being too optimistic, but I do believe that the 10th anniversary will bring many improvements and surprises.
Well, that's 8 months away and would be a full year (or close to it) since we were there. That's a bit long to wait for the reassured changes, IMO.
muntdefems: Me too. Maybe I'm being too optimistic, but I do believe that the 10th anniversary will bring many improvements and surprises.
GR00T: Well, that's 8 months away and would be a full year (or close to it) since we were there. That's a bit long to wait for the reassured changes, IMO.
Well, this belief of mine has nothing to do with your visit to GOG's HQ. I would expect the same even if you had never been invited over there.

But you're right, they did promise some changes so they'd better deliver at least something before September to keep their word.
muntdefems: Well, this belief of mine has nothing to do with your visit to GOG's HQ. I would expect the same even if you had never been invited over there.
Sorry, I wasn't meaning to imply it had to do with that. It's just that they've been telling us there are fixes and changes coming even before we went. And having reiterated that to some of us members in person, I would have thought there would be much more imminent action.

muntdefems: But you're right, they did promise some changes so they'd better deliver at least something before September to keep their word.
Yep. :)
Necrooooooo!

Out of curiosity: Were user profiles already on the agenda when the six of you went to Warsaw? Was it brought up by gog staff or discussed in any way?
The option to download classic installer by default is still not here.
Like what I have said for several months:
GOG is not trustworthy.

They keep making promos super buggy, with wrong countdown clocks and wrong discounts.
They make broken installers that can not install games, and they violate privacy with the super buggy profile system.

GOG have promised us many things before, but the only one that is still here is DRM-free.
After years, GOG Galaxy still can not show serial keys of games.
fronzelneekburm: Out of curiosity: Were user profiles already on the agenda when the six of you went to Warsaw? Was it brought up by gog staff or discussed in any way?
As far as I remember we didn't talk about user profiles.
kbnrylaec: One month after 6 community members came back from GOG HQ.

- all promo are buggy, no single one is 100% correct (I think they are more buggy than before)
- forum system become worse
- bug-fixing is really slow, or just ignored by GOG staff
- update flag for offline installer is worse than before
kbnrylaec: Two months after 6 community members came back from GOG HQ.
- many promo are still buggy (Well, this time it is not 100% buggy)
- forum system become even worse
- only 28~35% game updates have an official update flag [1]

We still have no option to set Classic installer by default, while 3rd party scripts have done it long time ago.

[1] https://www.gog.com/forum/general/the_what_did_just_update_thread/post18164
Which third-party script allows you to set Classic Installers by default? I didn't think that either Adalia Fundamentals or Barefoot Essentials 2 did that...
rampancy: Which third-party script allows you to set Classic Installers by default? I didn't think that either Adalia Fundamentals or Barefoot Essentials 2 did that...
Adalia Fundamentals 1.8.0 or later.
fronzelneekburm: Out of curiosity: Were user profiles already on the agenda when the six of you went to Warsaw? Was it brought up by gog staff or discussed in any way?
nope
Well, at least you can still back up your games if you so choose. In theory you could back up your games and never come back to GOG.
low rated
deleted
tfishell: Well, at least you can still back up your games if you so choose. In theory you could back up your games and never come back to GOG.
And ask support to have your profile deleted. But then you're cut off from all updates as well, since "patches for download" (like on patches-scrolls.de) have become terribly out of fashion... I would keep all the order mails though, to prove you own the games you bought. Sadly there is no way to prove gifts.
Fairfox: do teh gogie staff @ gogie hq hases an actual pet mascot?
I'm not sure if they qualify as mascots, but there were several dogs.