It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

tinyE: Discord
Piranjade: Discord?
yeah
Piranjade: Discord?
Discord.
i really didn't think that would cause so much ado. :P
Yeah, much ado about nothing O.o
high rated
WISHBONE'S TALE: PART FOUR POINT FIVE

Going back in time
There was one part of the tour I skipped in my tale, as I was not sure when I wrote it whether or not I was allowed to talk about it and post the pictures that ought to accompany the description of it. I have since gotten confirmation that it's okay for me to share that last missing bit of the tale, as well as some of the pictures I took, so here goes.

The GWENT streaming studio
After the tour of the CD Projekt RED floor of the building, we were guided outside and over to another, much smaller, building. We were told this was the studio they built for streaming GWENT matches. They opened the door, and we entered... a medieval fantasy tavern.

I expect some of you already know this. After all, they are already using the studio, so I guess some of you have already seen it on streams, but for the rest of you, here is a bit of a description, as well as some pictures of it.

It's... Well, it's a tavern, built of stone blocks and wooden beams. There is a bar, a fireplace, and a narrow winding staircase up to the first floor. There are tables and chairs, and of course some lights and camera mounts. It is a studio, after all.

That's all there is to say about it, really. Enjoy the pictures :-)
Attachments:
tavern1.jpg (123 Kb)
tavern2.jpg (123 Kb)
tavern3.jpg (101 Kb)
tavern4.jpg (115 Kb)
tavern5.jpg (124 Kb)
Wishbone: WISHBONE'S TALE: PART FOUR POINT FIVE

Going back in time
There was one part of the tour I skipped in my tale, as I was not sure when I wrote it whether or not I was allowed to talk about it and post the pictures that ought to accompany the description of it. I have since gotten confirmation that it's okay for me to share that last missing bit of the tale, as well as some of the pictures I took, so here goes.

After the tour of the CD Projekt RED floor of the building, we were guided outside and over to another, much smaller, building. We were told this was the studio they built for streaming GWENT matches. They opened the door, and we entered... a medieval fantasy tavern.

I expect some of you already know this. After all, they are already using the studio, so I guess some of you have already seen it on streams, but for the rest of you, here is a bit of a description, as well as some pictures of it.

It's... Well, it's a tavern, built of stone blocks and wooden beams. There is a bar, a fireplace, and a narrow winding staircase up to the first floor. There are tables and chairs, and of course some lights and camera mounts. It is a studio, after all.

Nice. Thanks for getting the pics up, Wishbone. I've yet to get mine DLed off the phone... :P

Going back in time

That's pretty awesome!

They must be planning to stream a lot of GWENT to bother going to all that trouble...
Wishbone: ...
Wow! Awesome pics, thank you for posting them wishbone!

So, when are we going to have a sequel to "6 community members went to GOG HQ"?
May I suggest "6 GOG staffers went to a GOGer home..."? :P
Post edited October 17, 2017 by Ghostfromthepast
high rated
RWarehall:
You seem to forget that GOG disclosing the information of who was invited was actually useful for the purpose that the visitation was happening in the first place.

I'll use Adaliabooks as an example since he already disclosed he was invited and he also fits my example perfectly. Suppose I* was one of the visitors. My very first question would be if they invited a few specific users, including Adaliabooks. If they didn't bother to invite the guy who created AdaliaEssentials I would seriously question if they were actually interested in knowing what improvements are needed in the website. I needed to know they weren't just doing a PR stunt.

* Disclaimer: I wasn't invited, but I am opting out of keeping this ultra secret information to myself. I don't hold value enough to be one of the invitees and I know it, and I am okay with it.

On the other hand, it is just as useful for GOG to sensibly disclose this information. They WANTthe 6 visitors to be certain that they are seriously trying to get input from the most adequate members to tell them where they can do better. They have a good reason to disclose it, and the NDAs take care of any possible indiscretions.

Which brings us to specifics. You vaguely mentioned that the 6 basically outed a few invitees without naming names. I want you to point out where exactly it happened, because I read the whole effing thread and have seen nothing of the sort. I am pretty certain of a few names that haven't appeared in this thread, but not because they said anything. I just know whom I would call if I were in GOG's shoes. They would be nuts if they hadn't called [redacted], [redacted] or [redacted]. Just off the top of my head.

You also seem to be utterly convinced that now the 6 Warsaw-goers have access to a list of our email addresses, every single PM any of us ever sent and the list of games each of us has in their shelves. I won't waste my time pointing out the absurdity of GOG going out of their way to divulge that information to them without any direct or indirect benefit. Instead I recommend you just ask Fables22 what do they know regarding users' personal information.

And maybe then this forum could be a bit less of a cesspit of pointless anger, toxicity and baseless paranoia. At least in this one thread.
MarkoH01: A card with out nickname on the front which GOG people signed on the back.
JMich: The forum tagline should also be there, below the nickname, though the font color does make it hard to read.
But hey, I now have proof that GOG does consider me a Horrible Human Person as well.
Sounds awesome! Can we see a picture of the card?
high rated
JMich: The forum tagline should also be there, below the nickname, though the font color does make it hard to read.
But hey, I now have proof that GOG does consider me a Horrible Human Person as well.
joppo: Sounds awesome! Can we see a picture of the card?
I suppose so. It's not the greatest picture, because it's quite dark here now (the sun hasn't risen yet), and while the surface isn't exactly shiny, it still whites out most of it if I use flash.
Attachments:
plaque.jpg (229 Kb)
joppo: Sounds awesome! Can we see a picture of the card?
Wishbone: I suppose so. It's not the greatest picture, because it's quite dark here now (the sun hasn't risen yet), and while the surface isn't exactly shiny, it still whites out most of it if I use flash.
Thanks. I suppose the crystal drawing is the same in all the 5 cards, right?

I can infer from what has been said in the thread that those two blurred writings in a small font below the username are your registration month+year and the tagline. It is not hard to read "Red herring". This card is pretty cool. As certainly was the whole trip. Congratulations to all Magnificent6.

#bitofenvy :)
Wishbone: I suppose so. It's not the greatest picture, because it's quite dark here now (the sun hasn't risen yet), and while the surface isn't exactly shiny, it still whites out most of it if I use flash.
joppo: Thanks. I suppose the crystal drawing is the same in all the 5 cards, right?
6 cards, and I believe so, but the text underneath is different for each of us.
Thanks for posting those pictures.
Lovely Tavern, awesome idea.
high rated
As someone who has been having my doubts about this place for a while now, this move by GOG has given me a little bit of hope. Is there really any point in looking for conspiracy and thinking GOG is evil in everything they do now? If you feel that way, shouldn't you have left this place long ago? Why would you come to a place you actively hate now? For me, GOG has been walking a thin line but it hasn't quite gone over the edge yet. Yes, it's probably wise to be cautious about what they do and never be afraid to call them out, but this move doesn't make me trust them less, if anything, it's a nice reminder that they're run by human beings. It's a brief flash of the old GOG that would sit down with us and address things and ask for feedback.

The NDAs are unfortunate, but the people they did choose for this little adventure I feel are trustworthy and do care about the direction of the store and community. If you can't trust your fellow community members, and you can't trust GOG, then it sounds like you're just plain done with this place. But I say lets give them a chance here, because this is a step back in the right direction when all they've been doing lately is walking dangerously close to the edge of a cliff.