It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
JMich: Yeah, I wanted to do this yesterday but forgot.
adaliabooks: The pins look really nice. Some decent swag there.
Yeah, the pins never were a problem for me. But since I only had some tiny hand luggage with me that beerglass nearly broke my neck when trying to figure out how to pack this stupid thing in my bag (not to mention the Witcher 3 figurine in its package). I was about to leave some of my things in Poland just for the sake of taking the GOG merchandise stuff with me. I am not lying here - it took me five times of packing and unpacking until I finally managed to find a way how to fit everything in it. Looking at my tiny bag from now on the other 5 called me the Tetris master ;) Guess how happy I was when they told us on last day we still have something for you to take away ... I was thinking that I never wanted to open this bag again before arriving in Germany and now .... luckilly it was just one of the best gifts they gave us and it was small. A card with out nickname on the front which GOG people signed on the back. According to GOG I am now "MarkH01" but that did not prevent me to put this thing on my table were I can see it every day.
Attachments:
Post edited October 08, 2017 by MarkoH01
MarkoH01: Yeah, the pins never were a prroblem for me. But since I only had some tiny hand luggage with me that beerglass nearly broke my neck when trying to figure out how to pack this stupid thing in my bag. I was about to leave some of my things in Poland just for the sake of taking the GOG merchandise stuff with me. I am not lying here - it took me five times of packing and unpacking until I finally managed to find a way how to fit everything in it. Looking at my tiny bag from now on the other 5 called me the Tetris master ;) Guess how happy I was when they told us on last day we still have something for you to take away ... I was thinking that I never wanted to open this bag again before arriving in Germany and now .... luckilly it was just one of the best gifts they gave us and it was small. A card with out nickname on the front which GOG people signed on the back. According to GOG I am now "MarkH01" but that did not prevent me to put this thing on my table were I can see it every day.
Haha, that is some master level packing skills XD

Nice! Totally jealous I missed out on all of this.
high rated
MarkoH01: A card with out nickname on the front which GOG people signed on the back.
The forum tagline should also be there, below the nickname, though the font color does make it hard to read.
But hey, I now have proof that GOG does consider me a Horrible Human Person as well.
MarkoH01: A card with out nickname on the front which GOG people signed on the back.
JMich: The forum tagline should also be there, below the nickname, though the font color does make it hard to read.
But hey, I now have proof that GOG does consider me a Horrible Human Person as well.
Well, you know, it's the truth, why should GOG think any different? ;P
JMich: The forum tagline should also be there, below the nickname, though the font color does make it hard to read.
Wow! You are right. The tagline and register date (for me it says "With us since 2009". But HARD to read is so near to IMPOSSIBLE to read in this case. I had to put this thing under a bright lamp and look very closely. Cool, makes it even better and also reassures me that they really meant me and there is no "MarkH01" :)
adaliabooks: Nice! Totally jealous I missed out on all of this.
Everybody would have loved to see you there as well I can assure you.
JMich: ...
I didn't see this mentioned in the thread yet... Did the topic of "why so much secrecy" came up? I'm can understand not sharing financial details, but what about upcoming releases? Some are announced and spend forever in upcoming tab, but we still get awful lot of surprise releases. And inevitable few posts "if I knew this was coming to GOG, I wouldn't have bought it yesterday on Steam". Is it more requirement by publishers, or is it question of image - to have some mystery aura about the shop? Or do they just want to keep the "where the hell is ..." guess-threads going? I myself am not sure if I would prefer to know more, the way it is done now gives me reason to check front page quite often. And usually the forum too while I'm at it, so I can keep tabs on what happens in the commununity (like this thread). So, just curious, don't really mind either way.

Interesting reading, thanks for sharing.
Djaron: i already here the horde around here calling me a paranoid, but i had already 3 support tickets for 3 games in last year for such issues;
Gersen: Which games ?
Rebel Galaxy (and it was a year ago at least, so not because of recent build/galaxy implementation in it), Orwell, Breach n Clear, and another i am not sure because it was a week i bought, installed and tested a few games in a row along with some that were already in my library (it was around same time Orwell was released on GOG, but couldnt tell if it was another release around this time, or one i already have since before)
Post edited October 08, 2017 by Djaron
MarkoH01: Looking at my tiny bag from now on the other 5 called me the Tetris master ;)
Haha, quite like this, I imagine. ;)
huan: I didn't see this mentioned in the thread yet... Did the topic of "why so much secrecy" came up? I'm can understand not sharing financial details, but what about upcoming releases? Some are announced and spend forever in upcoming tab, but we still get awful lot of surprise releases. And inevitable few posts "if I knew this was coming to GOG, I wouldn't have bought it yesterday on Steam". Is it more requirement by publishers, or is it question of image - to have some mystery aura about the shop? Or do they just want to keep the "where the hell is ..." guess-threads going? I myself am not sure if I would prefer to know more, the way it is done now gives me reason to check front page quite often. And usually the forum too while I'm at it, so I can keep tabs on what happens in the commununity (like this thread). So, just curious, don't really mind either way.

Interesting reading, thanks for sharing.
All businesses have various plans, projects which are private internal matters to the business in question, which includes partnerships, deals, and other factors. These matters would of course be of interest to any competitor out there, as would they be to any shareholder of CDPSA (GOG's parent company which is publicly traded), or potential shareholder. It is of prime importance to any company to honor any legal agreements they are under with 3rd parties as well as security laws to not disclose any information publicly that would violate any legal agreement or which would prove to be material business information to a competitor or which could jeopardize a project, partnership or other aspect of doing business.

Such information is of a highly sensitive nature to any business and thus private (not necessarily secret) business data. It is standard fare if any business is going to share their internal private business data with another party, be it a partner, a subcontractor, a customer or anyone else that they will almost always require some form of non-disclosure agreement as a pre-condition to sharing their sensitive internal business information/plans.

It's nothing secretive nor evil, everyone has some kind of private information about themselves or their business or finances, plans, projects that they do not want to share with the world for various reasons that could jeopardize things or cause problems for them. NDAs allow information to be shared under a legally binding contract to mitigate risk and are a standard legal mechanism used in business for this.
JMich: though the font color does make it hard to read.
Welcome to my world with blue staff posts.
JMich: 6) Regional pricing: Situation is complicated.
that is a rather meager and disappointing result, which doesn't give us any new information :/
I assume any explanation beyond "it's complicated" is locked away behind the NDA ... ?
It is sad that people go to such length to avoid talking about the problem.
though of course that is not solely a "GOG" problem ...
huan: Did the topic of "why so much secrecy" came up?
Weirdly enough, I don't think any one of us asked that. Skeletonbow's post does make sense, but no idea if it's correct or not.
immi101: I assume any explanation beyond "it's complicated" is locked away behind the NDA ... ?
Unfortunately yes. Not sure if any of the others can give more info, but the NDA does cover most of that discussion.
Post edited October 08, 2017 by JMich
JMich: 6) Regional pricing: Situation is complicated.
immi101: that is a rather meager and disappointing result, which doesn't give us any new information :/
I assume any explanation beyond "it's complicated" is locked away behind the NDA ... ?
It is sad that people go to such length to avoid talking about the problem.
though of course that is not solely a "GOG" problem ...
I also thought that "it's complicated" was too vague for the OP regarding this topic. I hate regional pricing as you do but the problem simply seems to be that you have two choices here: use RP for a potential game or don't get the game at all. If GOG does not comply to RP the devs/publisher of a game would just go Steam only. (Nothing new here this was discussed several times before and has nothing to do with what GOG said - it is simply a logical conclusion). Obviously GOG does not like it as well otherwise they would not give you store credit for regional priced games. Also nearly all classic games are still flat priced. We told them of some that weren't at the time and it seems that it was just a mistake that GOG already corrected.
Did the Witcher 3 have regional pricing?
Pheace: Did the Witcher 3 have regional pricing?
Why "did"? It still has.