It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

JMich: Adalia had a passport, but also had previous engagements. Unless you know something I don't.
adaliabooks: Yeah passport wasn't an issue for me, I'm actually surprised how few people seem to have one... Though that being said my partner's is out of date...
I was just too busy to be able to make it.

Got to make a living some how unfortunately.
I think you could have got to Poland with out one, its just easier with a passport.
high rated
WISHBONE'S TALE: PART SIX

Interlude: DRM-free pizza!!!
At this point, we were more than an hour over schedule, but we had all agreed during the Q&A that we would much rather prolong the Q&A until we all felt we had gotten as much out of it as we reasonably could, than stop in order to play some games, which was the next point on the itinerary. After all, we can play games any time we want, but we can't talk face to face with the decision makers at GOG.com any time we want.

However, one thing the itinerary didn't contain for some reason, was lunch. We had had some pastries with different types of filling at the beginning of the Q&A, but we were still quite hungry by now. Once again choosing to postpone the gaming session, we were led into the canteen, where we were treated to authentic GOG.com DRM-free pizza :-D

Playing with secrets
Pizza consumed, we retired to a smaller meeting room (the large one was needed by someone else). Gaming laptops were brought in for each of us, and we spent the next couple of hours chatting and playing some of the games that were to be released in the near future. I played Ruiner, which I decided wasn't for me, and then I played Hob, which I decided was definitely for me. (I am assuming it is okay for me to say this, as both games have been released here by now).

It was also during this time that we were given the swag bags that have already been shown in this thread.

After a couple of hours, it was time to go to dinner, so we grabbed our belongings and left.

A taste of Poland
We were taken to a restaurant that specializes in traditional Polish cooking. elcook ordered a bunch of huge platters of mixed Polish specialties, so we could all try a little bit of everything. Being cursed as I am with somewhat unadventurous taste buds, I asked if I could order something specific off the menu, to be certain of getting something I liked, and of course I could. I got a venison steak which was awesome, but I also tried several different things off the platters.

Ah yes, and the beer towers ;-) Beer was brought to the table in a glass tube about a meter high (3 feet) on a kind of stand with a tap at the bottom. Once a tower was empty, another was brought to the table.

I don't remember everything that was served, but there were several kinds of sausages and meats, pickled cabbage, various dumplings, pig knuckles and pickled herring. I steered clear of the herring, not because of my unadventurous tastebuds, but because that is also a staple of the traditional Danish cuisine, so I eat it all the time at home.

As we ate, drank and talked, more and more GOG employees showed up, and eventually we were quite a crowd. After a couple of hours at the restaurant, MarkoH01, GR00T and myself were quite tired, so we took a taxi back to the hotel to recharge for the next day.

Watch this space for the next exciting installment: Wishbone's Tale: Part Seven.
Pawel1995: Cool to hear that there are such events. Maybe one day I'll be invited,too. I really wanna try that drm-free pizza :P
MarkoH01: (Yes, I know I just underestimated the size of Poland on purpose ;))
Good that you wrote this, because I just wanted to write that you (Germany) might have it closer to Warsaw than me, depending where you live :D
MarkoH01: (Yes, I know I just underestimated the size of Poland on purpose ;))
Pawel1995: Good that you wrote this, because I just wanted to write that you (Germany) might have it closer to Warsaw than me, depending where you live :D
Since regional pricing was introduced, I guess most of the Germans here are from the richer (not eastern) regions. ;)
Pawel1995: Good that you wrote this, because I just wanted to write that you (Germany) might have it closer to Warsaw than me, depending where you live :D
Klumpen0815: Since regional pricing was introduced, I guess most of the Germans here are from the richer (not eastern) regions. ;)
I think I am too stupid to get this ... but wouldn't you expect it the other way around, meaning that we "rich" people would try to stay away from GOG so that we would not have to pay the high prices?
Klumpen0815: Since regional pricing was introduced, I guess most of the Germans here are from the richer (not eastern) regions. ;)
MarkoH01: I think I am too stupid to get this ... but wouldn't you expect it the other way around, meaning that we "rich" people would try to stay away from GOG so that we would not have to pay the high prices?
Erm, regional pricing hits the entirety of Germany with the same prices, so the poor regions (east / ex GDR) suffer the most.
Post edited October 09, 2017 by Klumpen0815
Wishbone: Pizza consumed, we retired to a smaller meeting room (the large one was needed by someone else). Gaming laptops were brought in for each of us, and we spent the next couple of hours chatting and playing some of the games that were to be released in the near future. I played Ruiner, which I decided wasn't for me, and then I played Hob, which I decided was definitely for me. (I am assuming it is okay for me to say this, as both games have been released here by now).
Didn't we continue the Q&A for a bit in the smaller room? Was I in a different Q&A at that point?

Wishbone: I don't remember everything that was served, but there were several kinds of sausages and meats, pickled cabbage, various dumplings, pig knuckles and pickled herring.
You forgot the tartare. Call me a horrible human person if you wish, but I still think it would have made a lovely burger, if cooked.
Wishbone: I don't remember everything that was served, but there were several kinds of sausages and meats, pickled cabbage, various dumplings, pig knuckles and pickled herring.
Didn't the restaurant ask you to sign an NDA?
ZFR: Didn't the restaurant ask you to sign an NDA?
Never take the "special sauce"!
Wishbone: Pizza consumed, we retired to a smaller meeting room (the large one was needed by someone else). Gaming laptops were brought in for each of us, and we spent the next couple of hours chatting and playing some of the games that were to be released in the near future. I played Ruiner, which I decided wasn't for me, and then I played Hob, which I decided was definitely for me. (I am assuming it is okay for me to say this, as both games have been released here by now).
JMich: Didn't we continue the Q&A for a bit in the smaller room? Was I in a different Q&A at that point?
You're right, I think there was a bit more Q&A in the smaller room, but with fewer people, as I recall. Destro and iWi had left at that point, no?
Wishbone: Destro and iWi had left at that point, no?
iwi stayed at the big conference room and Destro was hidden in one of the corners from what I recall.
JMich: You forgot the tartare. Call me a horrible human person if you wish, but I still think it would have made a lovely burger, if cooked.
Oh, right. I didn't think too much about it, because that is also quite common here in Denmark. Also, I think it's disgusting ;-)
Klumpen0815: Erm, regional pricing hits the entirety of Germany with the same prices, so the poor regions (east / ex GDR) suffer the most.
Not necessarily. If you have a good job in one of the "poor regions" where the living costs are still low, it might affect you less than when you have a bad job (or none at all) in one of the "rich regions" where the costs for living are extremely high.

By the way: I live in the eastern part of Germany and had the shortest trip to Warsaw. :)
Klumpen0815: Erm, regional pricing hits the entirety of Germany with the same prices, so the poor regions (east / ex GDR) suffer the most.
PaterAlf: Not necessarily. If you have a good job in one of the "poor regions" where the living costs are still low, it might affect you less than when you have a bad job (or none at all) in one of the "rich regions" where the costs for living are extremely high.
Yes, but that's the exception since the average wage is way lower while the rents have been going up for so long now that it doesn't make up the difference anymore at all.
ZFR: Didn't the restaurant ask you to sign an NDA?
That's why we didn't tell you which kind of sausages and meat exactly. ;)