It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

15 years of love and passion for video games. 15 years of providing DRM-free games that you can enjoy however you like.15 years of making games last forever.

This incredible adventure began all those years ago in 2008, and today, it’s time to celebrate. GOG’s 15th Anniversary is here and we’ve prepared a plethora of amazing things for the most amazing community. Now, how about we start with…

3 releases of Quantic Dream’s masterpieces: Heavy Rain, Fahrenheit: Indigo Prophecy Remastered, Beyond: Two Souls, an awesome GIVEAWAY in the form of The Night of the Rabbit, and of course more than 900 deals of discounts as high as -90%.

And because 15th birthday is quite a milestone, there’s so much more that we want to share with you. We celebrate until October 2nd, 10 PM UTC, and there’s plenty to uncover. Buckle up adventurers, let’s take a look at what awaits!

Firstly, let’s focus on those superb additions to our catalog from Quantic Dream. While we know that they need no introduction, it’s always a pleasure to speak about such great games.

Fahrenheit: Indigo Prophecy Remastered (-69%)
Originally released in 2005, Fahrenheit (known as Indigo Prophecy in North America) was a breakthrough in interactive narrative, teetering between the worlds of cinema and gaming while also embracing them, carving its own unique genre in the entertainment landscape. This remastered edition features updated graphics, controller support AND is based on the uncut/uncensored international version of the game.

With a rich multilayered narrative, innovative presentation, and a chilling musical score by famed Hollywood composer Angelo Badalamenti, Fahrenheit: Indigo Prophecy Remastered serves as the definitive version of the supernatural murder mystery and (re)introduces the groundbreaking title to old and new fans alike.

Now, the original Fahrenheit was available in our store for quite some time, and there’s no telling how much we love and respect it. So, we have some excellent news for all owners of the original and those that do not yet have it:

All owners of the original will receive the Remastered version as a gift, and all who purchase the Remastered version will receive the original as a gift! No such thing as too much Fahrenheit and we want you to enjoy it however you prefer.

Note: from now on Fahrenheit: Indigo Prophecy Remastered will be the only Fahrenheit product available in the store.

Heavy Rain (-50%)
Another absolutely fantastic classic. This icon of a game has won multiple awards and conquered the hearts of players all over the world. It’s a one of a kind gripping psychological thriller filled with innumerable twists and turns.

Spanning four days of mystery and suspense, the hunt is on for a murderer known only as the Origami Killer - named after his macabre calling card of leaving behind folded paper shapes at crime scenes. Four characters, each following their own leads and with their own motives, must take part in a desperate attempt to prevent the killer from claiming a new victim.

You need to think fast and act even faster, as every choice and move you make can result in dramatic, game-changing consequences – and even determine who lives… and who dies. How this story ends is entirely up to you.

Beyond: Two Souls (-50%)
A 2020’s unique psychological action thriller delivered by A-list Hollywood performances by Elliot Page and Willem Dafoe. It will take you on a thrilling journey across the globe as you play out the remarkable life of Jodie Holmes.

Born with a connection to a mysterious entity with incredible powers, Jodie is different. Your actions will determine Jodie's fate as she faces extraordinary challenges, danger, and heart-wrenching loss on a journey to discover the truth of who she is.

Create an action-packed story through your choices and actions as you live her life – a girl born with a link to a supernatural entity called Aiden. By playing as both Jodie and Aiden, you will face spectacular physical and psychological challenges to understand what truly lies… beyond.

Next thing on the 15th Anniversary’s menu is the GIVEAWAY. Until September 25th, feel free to claim The Night of the Rabbit. It’s a great fantasy adventure point & click in which you lose yourself in a tale of magic and wonder, where anything is possible and where nothing is quite what it seems.

You’ll join young Jerry and follow a peculiar white rabbit to the wondrous realm of Mousewood, a land where critters can speak and where mystery abounds. It is there that Jerry’s dream of being a magician comes true, though a haunting, sinister force casts a long shadow over the forest. Someone offers the residents of Mousewood a deal of their lifetime - tickets to the greatest magic show that the world has ever seen. But the price is steep, as they'll have to bet their houses, their money… and their lives.

We don’t want to spoil you this awesome story so the best thing to do is check it out yourself!

Now, there’s no great GOG celebration without some fantastic deals. And within our 15th Anniversary Sale you’ll find plenty of them. Over 900 to be more exact! No matter your taste in games, you’ll for sure find something appealing to enhance your library. A plethora of styles and genres just waiting for you to grab.

HERE you can find them all, but if you need some examples…

Age of Wonders 4 (first time on a discount and available 20% off)
Fallout 4: Game of the Year Edition (-75%)
System Shock (-25%)
Divinity: Original Sin 2 - Definitive Edition (-65%)

You can also grab some absolute gems from Microids on the highest yet discount. Just to name a few:

The Syberia Collection (-75%)
XIII (-80%)
Syberia: The World Before - Digital Deluxe Edition (-70%)

And if you’re hunting for titles that are available Only on GOG and nowhere else, there are plenty of discounts for those as well, and… you can find them all on a brand new, awesome page, where besides discounts you can read a bunch of cool articles on iconic gaming franchises or learn about our quest to save classic PC games. Click HERE to check it out!

What else is there for our 15th Anniversary? Well, how about you take the nostalgia trip and check out how GOG looked like all those years ago – visit a special website that will take you back in time to 2008 HERE. A true blast from the past!

One last thing (for today of course) is the special Trivia QUIZ that we’ve prepared. See if you are a true GOG veteran that knows us through and through.

There’s still plenty to come so visit us frequently so you won’t miss a thing! Thank you so much for all those 15 years. We wouldn’t have made it without you. Let’s celebrate the 15th Anniversary!
SargonAelther: They gave GOG Diablo 1, because they weren't selling it themselves. They are selling Diablo 2 though. It works for both new players and those who want nostalgia. Why would they give GOG 30% when they can keep 100% on Battle.net? That is how they think.

Look at Rockstar. They also delisted original GTA trilogy, before releasing the defective edition. Originals would have cannibalised the sales of the defective edition. In the same manner, Blizzard doesn't want original D2, especially if the revenue was shared with GOG, to cannibalise the sale of D2R. Again, think like they do. They don't care about you. They care about maximising their profits.
MysterD: And probably b/c GOG had to do their magic, engineering, any/or anything else to get D1 original going again - if Blizzard wasn't fixing the game on their end to work on modern systems. Diablo 1 from retail for PC was NOT the easiest thing to get going on modern systems. You, more or less, needed Beezlebub or some other port to run it.

Diablo 1 on GOG solved A LOT of those problems right "out-the-box"; especially if you want to go Vanilla and not use a port.

Diablo 2 can still run as is in its old-versions (with or without LOD), though - though, D2DX is probably one of the better ways to run it on modern hardware.

Maybe we'll get D2 & LOD old-versions on GOG, way down the line - but yes, they likely don't want to hurt D2R's sales, so they won't sell it until D2R is often dirt-cheap and/or just not selling units anymore.
Diablo 1 worked pretty much without issue without much modification, just a fix for the colour on modern system and aspect ration. But yes, GOG directx wrapper provided a good tool for making it work on modern system with some compromise. I still prefer using it without it.

I don't believe there's a place for a D2 relese with the Reforged being sold and containing the classic mode. It's also being fixed and balanced so we wouldn't get those improvement on the old one. But I generally agree with the sentiment, it should be mandatory to preserve all version of the game.

MysterD: EDIT - I still think companies should just bundle OLD versions with the NEW Remasters, like GOG often does with stuff like Blade Runner Enhanced and NWN: EE, as they also give you the old ones. Even if a company does delist the old-version, this could STILL cause gamers to chase the new version since the old one ALSO comes with it - especially if new-version's pricey and a brand-new release.
Not just on GOG, that's on all stores and it's a developer decision. Unfortunately they do it the wrong way by removing the old game and bundling it with the new by raising the price. That way you cannot get the old game anymore paying the same price, you have to pay more. And often the previous customers have to pay a premium for the upgrade/remaster too.
Krooked_: You can still buy it from the Rockstar Store on PC. It's not delisted.
MysterD: It was delisted originally...until the Remasters came out and people didn't like them. People complained on Rockstar Store, so it went back up.
They may have relisted them (Although only on their website, they seem to be hiding it on their launcher), but they are still censored and with removed music.

Thankfully these games predate Steam though, so I tracked down original and uncensored physical versions. Way better.

Also, this relisting does not really compare to Diablo 2. Diablo 2 Resurrected was actually very well received, and allows us to use classic graphics, as mentioned previously. It would be much much harder for people to convince Blizzard to put the originals back on sale. If GOG manages, I will buy them, of course. I don't think it'll happen though.
Post edited September 24, 2023 by SargonAelther
SargonAelther: Look at Rockstar. They also delisted original GTA trilogy, before releasing the defective edition.
Krooked_: You can still buy it from the Rockstar Store on PC. It's not delisted.
You can't.
MIK0: <SNIP>
The artifice used in the industrial strength reverie on display here make the novel it would require to address the points listed an exercise in futility. Congratulations, your elaborate casuistry has defeated me.
MysterD: It was delisted originally...until the Remasters came out and people didn't like them. People complained on Rockstar Store, so it went back up.
SargonAelther: They may have relisted them (Although only on their website, they seem to be hiding it on their launcher), but they are still censored and with removed music.

Thankfully these games predate Steam though, so I tracked down original and uncensored physical versions. Way better.

Also, this relisting does not really compare to Diablo 2. Diablo 2 Resurrected was actually very well received, and allows us to use classic graphics, as mentioned previously. It would be much much harder for people to convince Blizzard to put the originals back on sale. If GOG manages, I will buy them, of course. I don't think it'll happen though.
I have both the Steam and retail version of Old GTA3, VC, and SA.

I doubt Rockstar's gonna put back all of those songs in and un-censor it, especially since licenses expired for the music and they likely ain't selling the game at pricey type of pricey.

Thing is: Old D2 version has LAN, while D2R doesn't. So, besides lower-requirements to run the OLD versions, there's another reason for some gamers to want the old D2 version to exist too.
djdarko: Is it surprising to anyone else that we got Heavy Rain and Beyond Two Souls before old-school interactive movies like Night Trap and Double Switch?

Anyway, very cool to see them here, both interesting game/movies (played the originals on PS3).

Has the Fahrenheit free update shown up for anyone yet? I'm curious to play that one right away.
MarkoH01: Not at all. Old games are far more complicated to bring here because of licensing issues and the fact that some of those older games won't run anymore on actual systems. One reason why GOG added indie games years ago was that they would not be able to survive by only releasing classics with each classic game taking ages to get here because of the long process it takes to get them here.
Good point, but don't forget that a handful of those old Digital Pictures games have been re-released on Steam and consoles over the past six years - however I think the "Screaming Villains" company that publishes them doesn't care much for its PC audience, let alone the GOG store/platform.

Come to think of it, I emailed Screaming Villains a message a few years ago asking about a possible GOG release, to no reply.
Any news on getting the remaster gift, or are we all just SOL? I don't mind buying it at $3.09, but come on, this wasn't as advertised.
paladin181: Any news on getting the remaster gift, or are we all just SOL? I don't mind buying it at $3.09, but come on, this wasn't as advertised.
Patience. It is coming.

The first post in this very thread says the following:
All owners of the original will receive the Remastered version as a gift
A GOG staffer said on Friday they thought they'd fixed it. Obviously it didn't quite work. It's the weekend. Play something else for a bit and check back when they're actually in the office.
Post edited September 25, 2023 by maxpoweruser
I've been trying the remaster, but I found out that it has long standing bugs (from 2015) that were never resolved (black screen on startup, call stack error, language default error), and in my case config settings not being saved. When I got it working (kind of) it seemed pretty neat. I'm not holding my breath for a proper fix.
eric5h5: Man, I hope not. It's one thing to bash devs over content that's locked behind an online-only gate (and rightly so), but saying "hey I want a DRM-free version but I demand that you add an online-only feature that's tied to a client and my GOG account because I suffer from severe cognitive dissonance" is way out of line.
MarkoH01: I do agree that we should not push devs too far as long as it does not concenrn the game itself. I disagree calling those that want achievements "suffering from severe cognitive dissonance" though. Achievements can be useful and I explained this in another thread. We are not just talking about those progress markers, we are also talking about achievements that actually will add additional game experience and that are intended by the devs to make the player experience everything a game has to offer. When I first learned about achievements I also thought "wtf is this popup useful for?" and I did not understand the appeal. I've changed my mind in the meantime. I will still have fun playing games without achievements but I do understand why some would like to have them in certain cases.
Completely superfluous unnecessary fluff. An annoyance at best, a distraction usually. I enjoy games for games, not for an online pissing contest, or a virtual pat on the back for completing stuff I was already doing anyhow.
paladin181: Any news on getting the remaster gift, or are we all just SOL? I don't mind buying it at $3.09, but come on, this wasn't as advertised.
I believe GOG will do right by those who bought it within the next few days, probably even Monday, but it really shouldn't be considered acceptable to not even get a response regarding the matter. Classic GOG, but still. :P I guess they have so few customers they aren't worried, or something? European or Polish culture; a much stronger work-life separation?

djdarko: ...
I think either GOG rejected Night Trap 25th Anniversary Edition (back when they were being pickier, imo), or the devs rejected GOG.
Post edited September 25, 2023 by tfishell
MysterD: Thing is: Old D2 version has LAN, while D2R doesn't. So, besides lower-requirements to run the OLD versions, there's another reason for some gamers to want the old D2 version to exist too.
Sure, but like I said before "They don't care about you. They care about maximising their profits".
Also, I would not be surprised if Activision-Blizzard view LAN as "Multiplayer for pirates" in 2023.
Happy 15th anniversary. A good catch that you were able to even provide the remaster as a free upgrade. And nice prices and discounts HeavyRain and Beyond Two Souls as well.
Maybe in a few hours, if GOG still haven't realized, we will probably need to start a question thread about the Remastered version of Fahrenheit: Indigo Prophecy not appearing in our libraries, to get their attention ... unless someone wants to contact a MOD directly.

Don't know how many hours Poland are behind AUS, but it is around evening meal time here, Monday.

Let's hope the person responsible hasn't taken a flexy day off ... or worse, a week.
I was about to buy it before I saw in this thread that we were supposed to get it for free ^^