It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

babark: the world is steadily improving.
From the perspective of tens of millions in the US and in Western Europe (including me) definitely not. "Clown world" is actually a rather mild term for what's going on.
I agree however that this thread is ill-advised, there are other more appropriate sites for this. And Gamerager's claim that the ban on political discussion only applies to "government politics" isn't convincing imo.
babark: the world is steadily improving.
morolf: From the perspective of tens of millions in the US and in Western Europe (including me) definitely not. "Clown world" is actually a rather mild term for what's going on.
I agree however that this thread is ill-advised, there are other more appropriate sites for this. And Gamerager's claim that the ban on political discussion only applies to "government politics" isn't convincing imo.
The end times according to revelations would be the best term.
low rated
babark: Errr....to be clear, there's nothing about 'government politics' in the Code of Conduct. It just says 'politics', which this thread definitely is. You can see this from the scores of threads that were locked that definitely didn't talk about any specific government, but absolutely talked about the sort of topics you seem to cover in this thread (LGBTQ rights, 'censorship', abortion rights, etc).
First off thanks for replying and keeping it mostly civil...it is appreciated, even if we disagree. That said: The politics rule here has been mainly known to be about gov't politics, as that is the type of thread with such "politics that is most always(90%+ of the time) locked.

Yes, current events threads have also been locked, but usually that has been due to them talking about crude/vulgar/offensive subjects or going offtopic(which are also somewhat against the rules...i.e. the bad speech rule and the offtopic rules), and not because they are on current events.

babark: And you may very well be right that staff know about this thread, but that just points to inconsistent moderation, which...everyone already knew about staff.
I don't think this is true here......staff have lately(not every moment, of course) been keeping an eye on me/others and what we post, and punishing us left and right when ANY rules are broken. As such, and knowing how they give out "leaves" for such, you can bet if this thread was against rules they'd lock it and warn/etc me immediately if it were rule breaking.

babark: Out of curiousity (and before you throw the 'if you don't like this thread, leave!' at me), why did you start this thread? You say you saw that the world is falling apart, but I don't see how that's a foregone conclusion at all. I'd say that aside from some environmental issues strangely absent from your articles (which I'm still certain we'll eventually solve, no thanks to certain parties), the world is steadily improving.
I started this thread to discuss current events on the blanket topic of the thread with others, and get their input. At this moment the world could head either way, but I often see more bad news than good so I talk about that for the most part(though I try to stay optimistic).

As for environmental issues, since the term clown world is usually about people's actions that seem insane/crazy in the world I am focusing mainly on people, but of course other bad events caused by man's "craziness" could also be added if they fit.

And no, I don't want you or others to leave if you don't want to, but if anyone doesn't like what I write(finds it offensive somehow, doesn't like current events, etc) I usually ask them in general to not bother reading the thread/find something else to read if it's not their cup of tea usually as a good faith suggestion.

babark: I'm sure you can see how someone coming into this thread, seeing a bunch of right-wing (and I don't mean this in a derogatory way, simply a political way) talking points interspersed with articles (that you mention got your attention from "alternative" reporting sites), would get a certain impression?
I expect most coming here to be of open mind, and see the articles as being presented & not their possible biases/leanings, and for them to comment based on their own stances/leanings(and in doing so to foster a debate).

If people are true NPCs(either side) and cannot think for themselves and see everything as either right/left/etc when it is not meant to be then that is on them for thinking in such a way. I post on topics to garner/generate debate and discussion with people who can discuss such civilly and thoughtfully, and sometimes I get some such comments, so it seems to work from time to time, and as such I am happy that can happen.

As for "alternative sites": I did that originally, and sometimes now as well, but I also get most now from mainstream-ish sites like Yahoo News/Youtube/etc.

-------------------------------------------------------------

babark: I'm a firm believer that lack of knowledge isn't something to be proud of, but for what the internet considers 'memes', and I consider a waste of brain space, I'm happy to make an exception. I'm not even going to look it up now! I seriously doubt it will benefit my life in any way at all.

Nor do I reddit, or twitter, or twitch, or 4chan or tumblr.
Some "memes" are created or used to call attention to serious issues in a silly/funny way to get attention to them, though, and are worthy of some attention imo.

babark: Also some of those same sites have some good info on them from time to time, if you look carefully.

So this thread is based on a 'meme', but someone who is culturally influenced (enough to title their thread the name of one) by (what the internet calls) 'memes'?

Ok.
The thread title is to make it clear what the thread is about to people, while catching the eye.....I used a meme as many know what it means and it gets noticed so people can weigh in more on the topics, not simply because it is a meme.

==============================

morolf: I agree however that this thread is ill-advised, there are other more appropriate sites for this. And Gamerager's claim that the ban on political discussion only applies to "government politics" isn't convincing imo.
As I am currently under the watchful eye of the staff and getting punished for ANY infractions of the rules as of late, I do not think this thread would still be open if it broke that rule.

Also as for it being the wrong site: That is your opinion, and you are welcome to it....just as I am welcome to mine. :)
Post edited October 30, 2019 by GameRager
GameRager: As I am currently under the watchful eye of the staff and getting punished for ANY infractions of the rules as of late, I do not think this thread would still be open if it broke that rule.

Also as for it being the wrong site: That is your opinion, and you are welcome to it....just as I am welcome to mine. :)
I think you should be careful, here in Germany there's been a lot of talk recently that there needs to be surveillance of gamers on the net, because they could turn out to be right-wing terrorists. I assume the same is true in America, maybe you're already on some FBI watchlist for using terms like "Clown world", "NPCs", "Kekistan" etc. You could be preemptively locked away on some trumped up charge.
low rated
morolf: I think you should be careful, here in Germany there's been a lot of talk recently that there needs to be surveillance of gamers on the net, because they could turn out to be right-wing terrorists. I assume the same is true in America, maybe you're already on some FBI watchlist for using terms like "Clown world", "NPCs", "Kekistan" etc. You could be preemptively locked away on some trumped up charge.
If they did put gamers/others on lists for that then they would likely have 1/3 of the people in my age bracket on that list. Thankfully(not to dig at german people btw) we here have more freedom of speech so we can say such usually without fear of jail/fines/etc.

They(your country) are likely trying to do that to placate and appease corporations who want criticism silenced and people giving them money or to silence 'wrongthink'(in gamers and otherwise) to virtue signal to those who dislike some things....same as with those copyright/linking laws.

As for lists, IIRC any person(gamer or no) who visits a chan is supposedly on a list already, along with many others....and I couldn't care less, if they don't bother me or show up at my door over harmless chan posts/etc.
low rated
GameRager:
I don't know, what if "Clown world" reaches its endpoint...there might eventually be a progressive dictatorship, and they could systematically search through all internet content for incriminating comments. You might be put in a reeducation camp or simply shot for having created this thread.
Sometimes I wonder if it wouldn't be best to stay away from the net. One also shouldn't own a cell phone imo, because that can be used for tracking one's location.
low rated
morolf: I don't know, what if "Clown world" reaches its endpoint...there might eventually be a *redacted*, and they could systematically search through all internet content for incriminating comments. You might be put in a *redacted* or simply shot for having created this thread.
I am not worried what comes of my threads(beyond trying to be civil out of respect for others, of course, and hoping people will also remain civil as well).

Also if you could avoid similar terms to the stuff I removed I would appreciate it, as I want to stay off of straight/actual gov't politics and also don't want staff having actual reason to lock this thread if I can help it.

morolf: Sometimes I wonder if it wouldn't be best to stay away from the net. One also shouldn't own a cell phone imo, because that can be used for tracking one's location.
You can be tracked by anyone with the skill and tech at any time, if need be.....I just forget about such and enjoy life as best I can.
==========================================

(Offtopic: I will be updating the let's play I made soon as well...just a head's up)
Once again.

You guys should really give Dan and Revelations a thread through, then this modern era will make alot of sense.

We are in the end times.

Full stop.

Next stop: The Antichrist.
low rated
Lord_Kane: Once again.

You guys should really give Dan and Revelations a thread through, then this modern era will make alot of sense.
I am guessing this is poking fun at doom sayers?

Otherwise if you are truthful, I thank you for the reply but I must say I place little stock in doomsday prophecies(though I do think such an end might be inevitable at some point if humanity doesn't get it's act together).
Lord_Kane: Once again.

GameRager: I am guessing this is poking fun at doom sayers?

Otherwise if you are truthful, I thank you for the reply but I must say I place little stock in doomsday prophecies(though I do think such an end might be inevitable at some point if humanity doesn't get it's act together).
No, its the truth.
Read Revelations and believe and you will be saved.
morolf: what if "Clown world" reaches its endpoint...there might eventually be a progressive dictatorship
Considering that "progressives" ARE the source of "clown world" things happening, progressive dictatorship will just crank "clown world" up to eleven.
low rated
(The video above is pewdiepie/YT)
Post edited November 08, 2019 by GameRager
low rated
Edit: deleted my vitriol.
Post edited November 08, 2019 by user deleted
low rated
DadJoke007: Edit: deleted my vitriol.
Was it on the topic or the thread, or something else? (you can always pm me about it btw if you want to avoid posting here)

Have a good one, at any rate.
DadJoke007: Edit: deleted my vitriol.
GameRager: Was it on the topic or the thread, or something else? (you can always pm me about it btw if you want to avoid posting here)

Have a good one, at any rate.
Just general hatred for the culture war and how people let extremists from both sides influence their lives.