It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

low rated
As I go through recent news events(Online/on the major networks/in my local news rags/on "alternative" reporting sites) I keep noticing the trend: The world is falling apart in some areas(of life)/nations/groups faster than a car with a well greased axle and "broken" brake lines. :\

As such, I made this thread to bring to light such things and get others views on them(and to hear other's tales as well).
=================================================================
To that effect, a few rules first and foremost:
----------------------------------------------------------
1. No OVERT politics: You can bring an issue/event up & critique it, but try not to get overly political/one sided on the issue being presented.

2. No hate: Again, you can bring stuff up/critique groups/issues(within reason), as long as it is done civilly and within board rules.

3. No direct/indirect threats to any group/individual: This one is self-explanatory.

4. No overt trolling of other users: A bit of debate/critique of other's views on the issues brought up is fine, though.

5. As always, follow all other board rules when posting.

Now that that's done, on to the "good" stuff.

================================================================

1st Article: BBQ joint makes t-shirts with controversial use of LGBTQ acronym......gets threats/calls for censorship/etc.

To me, the fact that those who say they promote tolerance and love are some of those most actively hating on/trying to censor the creators of this shirt is proof enough of a Clown World.

The person in question(from what I could find out/logical deduction/seeing the shirt's image in question/etc) didn't seem to mean any harm towards anyone in the group whose acronym he used, yet people still found it offensive(even after he issued a clarification/apology) & want his business to fail/him to stop selling the shirts/etc.

P.S. More articles/debate will be added over time, as this is an topic of interest to me and a work in progress. Feel free to add your own and debate/discuss that which has already been posted.

Update 3 here: Update 3
Post edited April 30, 2019 by GameRager
Seems kind of pointless a thread tbh, political discussions have been banned on Gog and such a thread will inevitably devolve to them imo.
And anything about LBGTQ issues is political anyway imo.
low rated
morolf: Seems kind of pointless a thread tbh, political discussions have been banned on Gog and such a thread will inevitably devolve to them imo.

And anything about LBGTQ issues is political anyway imo.
That is why I set rules in place to start the thread off, and if anyone misbehaves I/others can report offending posts & get them removed if need be. None of this means a civil discussion can't be had here.

As for LGBTQ topics: I mainly used it as it was the first article I saw online which led me to feel like posting this thread. It won't be/shouldn't be the mainstay topic of discussion. Also, people might have sides on various issues(including that one).....this doesn't mean the issues cannot be discussed from a non-political stance/perspective or that the issues are entirely political(just my two cents).
low rated
GameRager:
This will inevitably devolve into the usual mutual hatefest that's typical for Gog's forum...and if you think Gog staff will moderate it, you're naive imo (no offense intended)...they'll just close down the thread.

Anyway, before the thread is locked, I'll bring up a topic myself: What do people here think about the incel movement?
Are they a threat, with all their misogyny and their envy of sexually successful men? Should they be monitored? Or even locked up preemptively in special camps?
low rated
https://external-preview.redd.it/TqK_pznjzuv2Rizf9nDgpGJxRokGsyN_qqWm11EjOLo.gif?width=718&s=bc1c9cee2545ef03803bc4b7256567103c16dbcb
low rated

Post edited April 23, 2019 by Fairfox
low rated
morolf: This will inevitably devolve into the usual mutual hatefest that's typical for Gog's forum...and if you think Gog staff will moderate it, you're naive imo (no offense intended)...they'll just close down the thread.

Anyway, before the thread is locked, I'll bring up a topic myself: What do people here think about the incel movement?
Are they a threat, with all their misogyny and their envy of sexually successful men? Should they be monitored? Or even locked up preemptively in special camps?
Why do you think it'll happen that way? I've seen several threads which were on "edgy/sensitive" topics remain open/mostly civil here in general before, so why not this one?

As for whether or not it'll be locked: I hope it won't be, and that staff will control the few trolls who spring up. If it does get closed, however, I will at least be able to say I made the attempt at polite conversation on such topics without worrying about the whatifs that could occur.

To your questions: Is that the group who distrust women in general? I have to say some of them seem overtly paranoid, yet there is concrete basis in some of their fears(i.e. Divorce courts siding with women more often[from what i've read in MSM/etc], child support for children that might not even be your own, cheating, etc). This is not to say they are all 100% correct and justified, though.Funny man with the funny pictures

But in all seriousness, no....that was not my intention with this thread. It is mainly a way for myself/others to vent on the ills troubling society in a civil fashion. Some of the topics might be considered by some to be controversial, however, but they are not intended to start any troubles.
Post edited April 21, 2019 by GameRager
low rated
GameRager: To your questions: Is that the group who distrust women in general? I have to say some of them seem overtly paranoid, yet there is concrete basis in some of their fears(i.e. Divorce courts siding with women more often[from what i've read in MSM/etc], child support for children that might not even be your own, cheating, etc). This is not to say they are all 100% correct and justified, though.
Such threads always end badly on Gog, many of the users are just too immature, and Gog staff isn't interested in moderation.
As for incels: "the group who distrust women in general" is more those "Men going their own way" types imo...incels are guys who don't get any sex and are obsessive about it.
Some of them are pretty extreme, and think women should be forced into sex slavery for them. They're also full of envy for sexually successful men whom they call "Chads".
The Santa Barbara spree killer Elliott Rodger (who made some really creepy videos about his incel status which can still be seen on Youtube and who wrote a manifesto about how all women should be put in concentration camps) is their idol.
low rated
GameRager:
morolf: This will inevitably devolve into the usual mutual hatefest that's typical for Gog's forum...and if you think Gog staff will moderate it, you're naive imo (no offense intended)...they'll just close down the thread.

I never in my wildest imaginations thought it possible that some less fortunate dude in his w***den would join forces with others of his kind and be willing to identify as one of such a group. I just can't get my head around that.

And how emotionally retarded does one have to be, to feel that one is entitled to sex? Who would have to be on the receiving end of such a delusion? This is indeed twisted.
low rated
GameRager: To your questions: Is that the group who distrust women in general? I have to say some of them seem overtly paranoid, yet there is concrete basis in some of their fears(i.e. Divorce courts siding with women more often[from what i've read in MSM/etc], child support for children that might not even be your own, cheating, etc). This is not to say they are all 100% correct and justified, though.
morolf: Such threads always end badly on Gog, many of the users are just too immature, and Gog staff isn't interested in moderation.
As for incels: "the group who distrust women in general" is more those "Men going their own way" types imo...incels are guys who don't get any sex and are obsessive about it.
Some of them are pretty extreme, and think women should be forced into sex slavery for them. They're also full of envy for sexually successful men whom they call "Chads".
The Santa Barbara spree killer Elliott Rodger (who made some really creepy videos about his incel status which can still be seen on Youtube and who wrote a manifesto about how all women should be put in concentration camps) is their idol.
Oh, them. Well they don't sound good to me, if that's any consolation.

(Thanks for the clarification, btw)
low rated
StarChan: I never in my wildest imaginations thought it possible that some less fortunate dude in his w***den would join forces with others of his kind and be willing to identify as one of such a group. I just can't get my head around that.
They used to have a community on Reddit, but iirc it's been banned now.
Of course it's mostly an internet phenomenon so far.
low rated
StarChan: I never in my wildest imaginations thought it possible that some less fortunate dude in his w***den would join forces with others of his kind and be willing to identify as one of such a group. I just can't get my head around that.

And how emotionally retarded does one have to be, to feel that one is entitled to sex? Who would have to be on the receiving end of such a delusion? This is indeed twisted.
Further proof of clown world, it would seem.

Imo, the main freedoms a person is guaranteed to(by basic human standards) are things like freedom to live/to speak freely(within reason)/to be able to protect one's self from harm(again within reason)/reasonable privacy/etc.

Some other things I think should be basic(If they aren't already) include: a basic living income for all who cannot work, companionship(non-sexual) for people(be it a robot or a person that visits to check in on those who live alone/etc), etc.
morolf: They used to have a community on Reddit, but iirc it's been banned now.
Of course it's mostly an internet phenomenon so far.
Good for that...it sounds kinda tasteless, tbh.

(*Offtopic* On a sidenote, I see that the usual bullies have downrated the thread[they will no doubt downrate everything in here to make a point] to censor that which they deem unfit for public viewing. Oh well, what can one do but continue living their lives and look for the best in others while maintaining a happy demeanor. *End of offtopic*)
low rated
GameRager: On a sidenote, I see that the usual bullies have downrated the thread[they will no doubt downrate everything in here to make a point] to censor that which they deem unfit for public viewing
That's another reason why such discussions on Gog are just no fun imo.
Golden age for discussion on the net is probably over anyway, with many comments sections closed down and increasing calls for censorship and surveillance.
low rated
GameRager: On a sidenote, I see that the usual bullies have downrated the thread[they will no doubt downrate everything in here to make a point] to censor that which they deem unfit for public viewing
morolf: That's another reason why such discussions on Gog are just no fun imo.
Golden age for discussion on the net is probably over anyway, with many comments sections closed down and increasing calls for censorship and surveillance.
Yeah, with youtube clamping down(not only on channels run by minors, but also channels that show stuff to minors/general audiences) on channel comments(some have been able to reenable them, though), and many other sites(MSM/etc) requiring you to make accounts/pay to comment it's harder and harder.

The amount of one-sided censorship on the big 3 of a "particular side" doesn't bode well, either.

(An example: Heck, I made a thread about random stuff which was mostly for myself/friends/random passersby & in it I mentioned off-hand that certain members of certain groups use the group's problems to gain power/that some members do stuff I find troubling and it got downrated to heck and back....even the non-troublesome posts.)

But back on-topic:

Topic 2: Notre Dame: Many are using the tragic event to blame every group they can, or are using the event to push their own narrative on other issues. I wish people would just focus on the tragic loss of history/possible lives instead. :\

GameRager: Why do you think it'll happen that way? I've seen several threads which were on "edgy/sensitive" topics remain open/mostly civil here in general before, so why not this one?
[...]
you have been away for a while, political threads now usually turns into a cesspool, to the extent gOg has banned all threads not directly game related.