It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

foxworks: Fact Cat? Is that the new update we get to look forward to? :p
Whatever guise he wears, there is always the Fact Cat lurking at his core. :)
CarrionCrow: This is great...I'm downloading Fahrenheit and thinking I need to have a serious chat with myself about standards when it comes to buying games.
Probably not the best sign when my own library makes me feel shame. -laughs-
Grargar: Really? What are you going to download next? Hatoful Boyfriend?
Being a crow he wouldn't have to be ashamed about downloading that. ;-)
Geralt_of_Rivia: Being a crow he wouldn't have to be ashamed about downloading that. ;-)
Have you read his review of the game? :P
Geralt_of_Rivia: Being a crow he wouldn't have to be ashamed about downloading that. ;-)
Grargar: Have you read his review of the game? :P
I just did. Well, I thought that as a crow dating pidgeons would be right up his alley. ;-)
Grargar: Have you read his review of the game? :P
Geralt_of_Rivia: I just did. Well, I thought that as a crow dating pidgeons would be right up his alley. ;-)
Pardon me while I suppress the urge to vomit.
Geralt_of_Rivia: I just did. Well, I thought that as a crow dating pidgeons would be right up his alley. ;-)
CarrionCrow: Pardon me while I suppress the urge to vomit.
You are taking the game too serious. It's supposed to be a parody to Japanese style dating sims.
Post edited June 03, 2015 by Geralt_of_Rivia
Geralt_of_Rivia: You are taking the game too serious. It's supposed to be a parody to Japanese style dating sims.
Maybe so, but regardless it gave me a migraine and I wanted to kill something after about ten minutes of play (torture) time.
Hi. :-D
Thank you for the thread, Crow, very helpful.

Has anyone played The Last Federation, and the 'sequel' Betrayed Hope?

I like strategy and Scifi games, but not shooters, and the reviews seem to suggest that these games are all three? I don't mind some shooting, but I'm not trigger-happy.
I wish that GOG offered demos.

Time-lag when I'm typing is very disconcerting, not to mention that the 'm' key on my keyboard is missing.
Never try to clean the keys of a lighted keyboard, or you might find yourselves minus an mmmmmmmmmmmmm (the first one I removed, and failed to replace without breaking the little hinge-thingy).
ZenWan: Hi. :-D

I like strategy and Scifi games, but not shooters, and the reviews seem to suggest that these games are all three? I don't mind some shooting, but I'm not trigger-happy.

Time-lag when I'm typing is very disconcerting, not to mention that the 'm' key on my keyboard is missing.
Never try to clean the keys of a lighted keyboard, or you might find yourselves minus an mmmmmmmmmmmmm (the first one I removed, and failed to replace without breaking the little hinge-thingy).
The Last Federation is no shooter. The fighting is turn based. You choose where to fly, which enemies to attack, etc. and when you start the turn your orders are executed in real time. When the turn is over after a few seconds you can issue new orders. Granted, if an expert is playing and issuing orders and starting the turns quickly it might look like an action game.
IAmSinistar: I cannot argue with the wisdom of Fact Cat. :)
Fact Cat :D. That so hits the nail ...

And thanks to Crow for starting the tracking!
high rated
Thanks for the tracking, CC!
ZenWan: Hi. :-D

Geralt_of_Rivia: The Last Federation is no shooter. The fighting is turn based. You choose where to fly, which enemies to attack, etc. and when you start the turn your orders are executed in real time. When the turn is over after a few seconds you can issue new orders. Granted, if an expert is playing and issuing orders and starting the turns quickly it might look like an action game.
Very helpful response, thank you.
Much appreciated. +1

Another question for the helpful community:

Do the discounts expire each day when the new ones appear, or do they remain for the full sale period of 18 days, iirc?

I can't see anything in GOG's spiel about the discounts expiring, but it could, of course, be staring me in the face and I missed it...
Post edited June 03, 2015 by ZenWan
ZenWan: Another question for the helpful community:

Do the discounts expire each day when the new ones appear, or do they remain for the full sale period of 18 days, iirc?

I can't see anything in GOG's spiel about the discounts expiring, but it could, of course, be staring me in the face and I missed it...
The bundle deals change once a day, the single game deals change every 12 hours.
Figuring repeats will show up eventually, and bundles always get an encore day so everyone has a final chance to grab them, but for the moment, if something's gone there's no way of knowing when it will return.
Geralt_of_Rivia: The Last Federation is no shooter. The fighting is turn based. You choose where to fly, which enemies to attack, etc. and when you start the turn your orders are executed in real time. When the turn is over after a few seconds you can issue new orders. Granted, if an expert is playing and issuing orders and starting the turns quickly it might look like an action game.
ZenWan: Very helpful response, thank you.
Much appreciated. +1

Another question for the helpful community:

The discounts expire. See the timer above the deals. The bundles expire every 24h, the other deals expire every 12h. When they expire they will be replaced with new bundles/deals.

Usually the bundles will repeat at least once but there is no guarantee for that. The same is true for the offers. So if you want to get something that is on offer now you still have about 7:30 hours.
Post edited June 03, 2015 by Geralt_of_Rivia
Wait, the Summer Sale started three hours ago and I didn't even notice?

I'm clearly not paying enough attention.

Here's hoping for huge discounts on D:OS, as always! :)

Not sure anything catches my eye yet (certainly not anything I can play, Lichdom looks nice for that price but I really doubt my laptop would handle it, and I'd hate for it to sit there taunting me when I couldn't actually play it)

Anyone like to assist my laziness and tell me how many rounds we've got? (if it's been mentioned that is)