It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Skreczi: We only apply official patches to our games before we release them.
It really would be nice if you would actually apply the official patches that DO exist to Fallout 1!

You are supplying the 1.0.0 version of Fallout 1 and there IS an Official 1.1 Patch which I have seen at several sites, including NMA. They have the DOS, WIN and MAC versions--see screenshots attached. Why don't you have that patch installed?
Attachments:
oigroig: the teamx patch 1.3.4.,do i have to install it?

the version of the game is 2.0.0.
Nirth: 1.3.4 is the name of the unofficial patch, not (official I guess) game version.

2.0.0 is the name of the installer version, neither patch or game version. :P

Anyway, I just tried to download 1.3.4 but it says 1.3.3 in the readme whilst it says 1.3.5 as the latest in page that this thread links too, which is the latest?
The opening post is outdated (it should read 1.3.5) but the link is correct. The readme simply hasn't been updated since 1.3.3
Skreczi: We only apply official patches to our games before we release them.
Rob7713: It really would be nice if you would actually apply the official patches that DO exist to Fallout 1!

You are supplying the 1.0.0 version of Fallout 1 and there IS an Official 1.1 Patch which I have seen at several sites, including NMA. They have the DOS, WIN and MAC versions--see screenshots attached. Why don't you have that patch installed?
No, GOG provides the UK Fallout version 1.2 in both the Windows and DOS (Mac) varieties. You must be referencing the installer version for the Mac, which is just GOG's own version number. It is confusing, because GOG doesn't have the software version number up front, but both are running the latest official patches.
Post edited February 12, 2013 by elus89
elus89: No, GOG provides the UK Fallout version 1.2 in both the Windows and DOS (Mac) varieties. You must be referencing the installer version for the Mac, which is just GOG's own version number. It is confusing, because GOG doesn't have the software version number up front, but both are running the latest official patches.
Actually, you need to go back and read the file that comes with the installer--whether the older version 1.1.1.4 which I downloaded when I first bought Fallout 1 from GoG or the current version 2.0.0.14. In BOTH files it states
"This version of Fallout incorporates all the fixes and changes from the 1.1 patch."
This means that we are BOTH wrong! I thought that GoG was supplying Fallout 1 v1.0.0 -- NO reference or confusion about the installers! You seem to get hung up on the installer version for some reason.

I realize that the Readme starts off by putting "Version 1.2" at the beginning of the file, but there IS NO version 1.2 that is Official that I have been able to find AND they later make the statement I quoted above that this IS Fallout with the v1.1 patch.

I do NOT understand why they changed the Fallout 1 installer version and there seems to be no explanation, that I can find, from GoG. If there IS an explanation, please cite the url location so that I and others can read it.
elus89: The opening post is outdated (it should read 1.3.5) but the link is correct. The readme simply hasn't been updated since 1.3.3
Thanks for that.
elus89: I've seen no children so far using the patches you recommend. It's possible that I installed the patches incorrectly somehow, though. Could you try those patches on a clean install and confirm that it's obsolete, please?

Thanks for the current links.

Edit: It seems to me the critical files are still exclusive to the Children Patch so it's not obsolete.
Sorry about that.

When I originally read the various info for the patches/etc it seemed like the patches(that I listed) included ALL the content to put the children back into Fallout. I was wrong, though, and it seems one still needs to install the children patch to actually see/talk to the children in Fallout.
elus89: No, GOG provides the UK Fallout version 1.2 in both the Windows and DOS (Mac) varieties. You must be referencing the installer version for the Mac, which is just GOG's own version number. It is confusing, because GOG doesn't have the software version number up front, but both are running the latest official patches.
Rob7713: Actually, you need to go back and read the file that comes with the installer--whether the older version 1.1.1.4 which I downloaded when I first bought Fallout 1 from GoG or the current version 2.0.0.14. In BOTH files it states
"This version of Fallout incorporates all the fixes and changes from the 1.1 patch."
This means that we are BOTH wrong! I thought that GoG was supplying Fallout 1 v1.0.0 -- NO reference or confusion about the installers! You seem to get hung up on the installer version for some reason.

I realize that the Readme starts off by putting "Version 1.2" at the beginning of the file, but there IS NO version 1.2 that is Official that I have been able to find AND they later make the statement I quoted above that this IS Fallout with the v1.1 patch.

I do NOT understand why they changed the Fallout 1 installer version and there seems to be no explanation, that I can find, from GoG. If there IS an explanation, please cite the url location so that I and others can read it.
The installer version is fairly insignificant, as far as I know, some UI changes are involved (they have ads for other games in their catalog).

I'm not hung up on the installer version, I just assumed that you were referencing it, as you have not provided any other reason or reference to say otherwise. I can't tell you whether or not version "1.2" is just a nameplace, but that Fallout patch 1.1 is included in that statement doesn't tell me that there were no changes applied outside of that. Maybe it's worth investigation, but we do know that GOG have done their due diligence to ensure official updates were included, so it's a rather moot point as far as I'm concerned. Try messaging support or a staff member if you're curious.
I just sat down to make everything to play it but I think I did something wrong.

I installed these:
1 TeamX Patch 1.2
2 TeamX Patch 1.3.5
3 TeamX NPC Mod
4 High resolution

The game works, in-game it says 1.2 (is that right?) and 1080p resolution works. I'm using the latest 2.0 installer here from GOG.

However, I've a huge mouse lag, it's ridiculous, it's even worse than some older DOSBOX games. Is there something that can be done about it or?
None of the download links at the top of the OP seem to be working. Is this just temporary downtime?
Nirth: I just sat down to make everything to play it but I think I did something wrong.

I installed these:
1 TeamX Patch 1.2
2 TeamX Patch 1.3.5
3 TeamX NPC Mod
4 High resolution

The game works, in-game it says 1.2 (is that right?) and 1080p resolution works. I'm using the latest 2.0 installer here from GOG.

However, I've a huge mouse lag, it's ridiculous, it's even worse than some older DOSBOX games. Is there something that can be done about it or?
When you run the high resolution setup, what settings did you choose? You may find that only the 8-bit and colour mode and DirectDraw7 will provide you with suitable performance. I think the reason has to do with a bug/incompatibility in ddraw on newer systems.

There is a recommendation to change the name of ddraw.dll in this thread, and also Rhiyo's thread which offers some custom ddraw.ini . http://www.gog.com/forum/general/directdraw_fix_configurations .
Mman235: None of the download links at the top of the OP seem to be working. Is this just temporary downtime?
The children patch and high res patch links have been changed since the OP, but the rest are all fine for me. You can manually navigate to the other mod links or go a page back in this thread to find a few posts (such as my own) with the more recent links.
Post edited February 18, 2013 by elus89
I hadn't thought about changing render as I assumed DX9 is most compatible and stable. DX7 doesn't even start and the 'basic' just starts DX9, I tried with both original dll, renamed it and changed with the cnc-dll provided somewhere in the link you posted.
elus89: The children patch and high res patch links have been changed since the OP, but the rest are all fine for me. You can manually navigate to the other mod links or go a page back in this thread to find a few posts (such as my own) with the more recent links.
Thanks. The OP links still don't work for me, but I found the other links now.
Is there an Ultimate Fallout 1 Patch (in .exe form) that's up-to-date? If so link plz?
do any of these work on a mac? was just kinda curious, since i haven't seen anything on that. haven't been that thorough admittedly, but figured someone in here might know.
Personally just put this package to gog version and it seems to work just fine.
http://www.nma-fallout.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=840100#840100
thanks
Post edited March 31, 2013 by valkin15