It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I just downloaded bg2. I'm very excited however, I'm getting an error message and it won't run. "d3dx9_30.dll is missing from your computer." I've uninstalled and reinstalled the program to now avail. Any ideas?
Russ1961: I just downloaded bg2. I'm very excited however, I'm getting an error message and it won't run. "d3dx9_30.dll is missing from your computer." I've uninstalled and reinstalled the program to now avail. Any ideas?
First of all, reboot your computer and try again. If that doesn't help, download the Microsoft DirectX runtime installer. Do NOT be tempted to search for the missing .dll from online dll sites -- go directly to Microsoft.
hi there. i try to play the game but theres a problem. installing and starting the game is fine.
after creating character entering the game. i try to move my character with cursor but it arent moving.
the cursor doesnt show the cross sign icon to move around... it only show the finger icon.. i dont understand.. everything seems fine. just that i cant move my character in the game -_-
Hi all. I am going to install both games following this guide so that I can play this long adventure. Can someone confirm that BGT-WeiDU has to be installed before the unfinished business patches? Thanks.
Rossocuore: Hi all. I am going to install both games following this guide so that I can play this long adventure. Can someone confirm that BGT-WeiDU has to be installed before the unfinished business patches? Thanks.
Yes, install BGT, then BG1 Unfinished Business, then BG2 Unfinished Business. NOTE: if you are installing Ascension, Turnabout and/or BG2 Fixpack, install those before BGT, and if you will be installing the widescreen mod, install that LAST.
Rossocuore: Hi all. I am going to install both games following this guide so that I can play this long adventure. Can someone confirm that BGT-WeiDU has to be installed before the unfinished business patches? Thanks.
Hickory: Yes, install BGT, then BG1 Unfinished Business, then BG2 Unfinished Business. NOTE: if you are installing Ascension, Turnabout and/or BG2 Fixpack, install those before BGT, and if you will be installing the widescreen mod, install that LAST.
Good.. And concerning the widescreen mod; I have a 24" monitor with 1920x1200 resolution. Do you advice me to mod it to that resolution? Or something lower?
Hickory: Yes, install BGT, then BG1 Unfinished Business, then BG2 Unfinished Business. NOTE: if you are installing Ascension, Turnabout and/or BG2 Fixpack, install those before BGT, and if you will be installing the widescreen mod, install that LAST.
Rossocuore: Good.. And concerning the widescreen mod; I have a 24" monitor with 1920x1200 resolution. Do you advice me to mod it to that resolution? Or something lower?
I advise you NOT to install the widescreen mod at all. It is not necessary with BGT, since the BG2 engine supports screen resolutions above the default 640x480 and 800x600. Use BGConfig.exe and set the unsupported resolutions. Playing in 1024x768 is all that you need for a game like Baldur's Gate. But the real reason to avoid the widescreen mod is that it alters all fixed graphic assets and stores them in your saved games, which means that if you ever change resolutions, or uninstall the mod, your save games will become absolutely incompatible, and make your game crash. I cannot stress enough that it is not necessary in BG2.
Rossocuore: Good.. And concerning the widescreen mod; I have a 24" monitor with 1920x1200 resolution. Do you advice me to mod it to that resolution? Or something lower?
Hickory: I advise you NOT to install the widescreen mod at all. It is not necessary with BGT, since the BG2 engine supports screen resolutions above the default 640x480 and 800x600. Use BGConfig.exe and set the unsupported resolutions. Playing in 1024x768 is all that you need for a game like Baldur's Gate. But the real reason to avoid the widescreen mod is that it alters all fixed graphic assets and stores them in your saved games, which means that if you ever change resolutions, or uninstall the mod, your save games will become absolutely incompatible, and make your game crash. I cannot stress enough that it is not necessary in BG2.
I didn't know about this!! I am therefore not going to install it at all. Thanks for the tip!!
Installing right now! During installation of the fixpack, which is the game text update I am supposed to install? Light or Classic?
EDIT: it seems like Light is the better choice :-)
Post edited January 19, 2014 by Rossocuore
Rossocuore: Installing right now! During installation of the fixpack, which is the game text update I am supposed to install? Light or Classic?
Yeah, it's a matter of personal choice, but I always go for the 'light' option -- it doesn't alter gameplay in any way, so it's not something to worry about. :)
Rossocuore: Installing right now! During installation of the fixpack, which is the game text update I am supposed to install? Light or Classic?
Hickory: Yeah, it's a matter of personal choice, but I always go for the 'light' option -- it doesn't alter gameplay in any way, so it's not something to worry about. :)
I just ended the prologue of Baldur's Gate. Lovely!! That is! From what I understand, I can uninstall Baldur's Gate The Original Saga, since everything is imported under BGII, right?
Hickory: Yeah, it's a matter of personal choice, but I always go for the 'light' option -- it doesn't alter gameplay in any way, so it's not something to worry about. :)
Rossocuore: I just ended the prologue of Baldur's Gate. Lovely!! That is! From what I understand, I can uninstall Baldur's Gate The Original Saga, since everything is imported under BGII, right?
I assume you are still talking about BGT, right? If so then yes, you do not need BG1 any longer, once BGT has been installed (unless you still want to play the original), since you will be playing BG1 inside BG2.
Rossocuore: I just ended the prologue of Baldur's Gate. Lovely!! That is! From what I understand, I can uninstall Baldur's Gate The Original Saga, since everything is imported under BGII, right?
Hickory: I assume you are still talking about BGT, right? If so then yes, you do not need BG1 any longer, once BGT has been installed (unless you still want to play the original), since you will be playing BG1 inside BG2.
Yes, indeed I am talking about BGT. I think it's safe to uninstall BG1 to free some disk space.
Hickory: I assume you are still talking about BGT, right? If so then yes, you do not need BG1 any longer, once BGT has been installed (unless you still want to play the original), since you will be playing BG1 inside BG2.
Rossocuore: Yes, indeed I am talking about BGT. I think it's safe to uninstall BG1 to free some disk space.
All,

I apologize for jumping in the middle of this post. I just purchased BG 1 & 2 from GOG. I've played all games when they came out originally (through ToB). I've been reading a bunch on the site for the past hour and want to know the best way to install BGT. I'm confused which version is "current" (?v9.0?) and what the essential downloads and of course installation order is.

Sorry for the n00b question, if someone can point me, I'd greatly appreciate it. I'm getting a bit confused with all of the differing posts.
cope23: All,

I apologize for jumping in the middle of this post. I just purchased BG 1 & 2 from GOG. I've played all games when they came out originally (through ToB). I've been reading a bunch on the site for the past hour and want to know the best way to install BGT. I'm confused which version is "current" (?v9.0?) and what the essential downloads and of course installation order is.

Sorry for the n00b question, if someone can point me, I'd greatly appreciate it. I'm getting a bit confused with all of the differing posts.
First, and foremost, you MUST have a completely clean installation of BG1 (and that means no fix packs either) before you install BGT. The current version of BGT is v1.18. You must extract the archive into your BG2 main folder -- do not install BG1/2 into Program Files! Once you have extracted the archive, decide which mods you want -- there is no such thing as 'essential downloads', only those which you prefer. If you decide to install Ascension, Turnabout and/or the BG2 fix pack, install those BEFORE BGT, and everything else afterwards. Should you wish to install the widescreen mod (NOT recommended for BGT), install it last.