It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Is there a guide to viable builds for the fan patch somewhere?
slamdunk: Is there a guide to viable builds for the fan patch somewhere?
You mean the order in which the fan patches should be applied ?
slamdunk: Is there a guide to viable builds for the fan patch somewhere?
atkes: You mean the order in which the fan patches should be applied ?
I think he means character builds that are viable to play the game with after applying the fan patch (which I presume changes game balance - I'm just looking up essential patches before installing Arcanum).
atkes: You mean the order in which the fan patches should be applied ?
Lord_Coinage: I think he means character builds that are viable to play the game with after applying the fan patch (which I presume changes game balance - I'm just looking up essential patches before installing Arcanum).
The UAP doesn't substantially rebalance the game; it just fixes a bunch of bugs and closes a few loopholes. 99% of the builds anyone can come up with can be made playable if they know what they're doing, both pre- and post-patch.

If anything, the level cap remover makes tech builds a bit more viable, by freeing up the tendency to over-specialize early on. But it also nerfs magic builds, taking them from dominating all the way up to godlike. So it's still your call.
Lord_Coinage: I think he means character builds that are viable to play the game with after applying the fan patch (which I presume changes game balance - I'm just looking up essential patches before installing Arcanum).
TwoHandedSword: The UAP doesn't substantially rebalance the game; it just fixes a bunch of bugs and closes a few loopholes. 99% of the builds anyone can come up with can be made playable if they know what they're doing, both pre- and post-patch.

If anything, the level cap remover makes tech builds a bit more viable, by freeing up the tendency to over-specialize early on. But it also nerfs magic builds, taking them from dominating all the way up to godlike. So it's still your call.
now this LVl cap remover spray is part of the user patch right?
SirEyeball: now this LVl cap remover spray is part of the user patch right?
IIRC, it's separate from the fan patch. But for those who are interested, it should be available on terra-arcanum's website (assuming the site itself is up and running). If not, I'm pretty sure there's another thread around here with the link; maybe even a post buried earlier somewhere in this thread.

For my money, it's worth it, if for no other reason than it's not as much fun to explore the world and do all the side quests if you're already maxed out on XP.
SirEyeball: now this LVl cap remover spray is part of the user patch right?
TwoHandedSword: IIRC, it's separate from the fan patch. But for those who are interested, it should be available on terra-arcanum's website (assuming the site itself is up and running). If not, I'm pretty sure there's another thread around here with the link; maybe even a post buried earlier somewhere in this thread.

For my money, it's worth it, if for no other reason than it's not as much fun to explore the world and do all the side quests if you're already maxed out on XP.
Thx I'll try to dig it up
Hi, I installed the three main patches, Unofficial, HiRes, and HQ Maps. I am trying to play the game in windowed mode, and it will start and play just fine but I am unable to move the window itself, I have to tab out of the game to get access to my mouse then whenever I try to drag the window it moves itself kinda down and to the right but I can't move it anywhere and when I tab back into the game it moves back the center of the screen.

Is there something I am doing wrong? or can someone help me out?

Thanks
SirEyeball: Thx I'll try to dig it up
if you're still looking: ;p
http://www.terra-arcanum.com/downloads/arcanum/hacks/arcanum50patch-0.0.1.zip
SirEyeball: Thx I'll try to dig it up
Stooner: if you're still looking: ;p
http://www.terra-arcanum.com/downloads/arcanum/hacks/arcanum50patch-0.0.1.zip
thx found it;) it is not that hard as there's only that one site
SirEyeball: thx found it;) it is not that hard as there's only that one site
Yeah, I just thought that I should post, as I was getting also for me.. ;p
Thanks for tracking down the link.
TwoHandedSword: Thanks for tracking down the link.
There's another one here:
http://brededor.narod.ru/progs/arcanum50patch.htm
with a XP table up to 127.
Hey guys- I tried setting up the high res mod, but it can't find a certain chitin key. What is that? Thanks for the help.
Edit 3 with the torrent link is broken. Demonoid went down a while ago and it had issues (like giving people spyware/adware etc along with ad upon ad. Could a mod please edit it so that it doesn't affect anyone?