It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Venom: No, you login with your username/password, but those credentials are never stored.
Yesterday right after the launcher had updated I was prompted to log in. Out of curiosity, I didn't enter any information and simply closed the window and when I ran the launcher a few hours later it didn't require me to log in yet I was able to access and join the multiplayer sessions.
I do believe that if I use the launcher without firewall on and it updates, it will encounter an error that I cannot reverse if I open my firewall and try again.
Apparently the launcher patched AvP to 2.0.0.25. What was changed?
Some general feedback on updates, most of it probably stated before:
* I would like to see what version I am updating to, when it's still in progress.
* I would like an option to stop a started update, if I don't want it. I also couldn't find a way to disable auto-update - may be my problem. (I personally don't want to disable updates with AvP, but I can imagine it coming handy)
* I like that when the update is downloading, you can play with your current version instead of having to wait. It downloads and holds off the installation of the update until you're finished. You have to close and start the launcher again, but that's a minor thing.
* When installing an update, the installer needed admin rights. I just canceled the admin login prompt and the launcher acted like everything was finished and said "Up to date". I don't know if the game updated successfully - I expect it needed the admin rights for something, but the launcher keeps saying "up to date", so it may be either OK or a bug.

Pasting the relevant part of GalaxyClient.log for the denied admin rights (is there a better way?)

2014-10-31 01:04:55 [galaxy_client][Warning]: Installer C:\ProgramData\GalaxyClient\support\1207665883\1207665883\galaxy_avp_classic_2.0.0.24.exe process failed for gid 1207665883, returned: 2
2014-10-31 01:04:55 [galaxy_client][Information]: Loading minimanifest C:\GOG Games\AvP Classic\goggame-1207665883.info
2014-10-31 01:04:55 [galaxy_client][Information]: Product 1207665883 state changed from 'UpdatingUnplayable' to 'Installed'
2014-10-31 01:04:55 [galaxy_client][Information]: InstallProductTask for gid 1207665883 serializing product definition to DB
2014-10-31 01:04:55 [galaxy_client][Information]: Serializing product 1207665883 to DB
2014-10-31 01:04:56 [galaxy_client][Information]: Serializing product 1207665883 to index
2014-10-31 01:04:56 [galaxy_client][Information]: Install progress: 100.00%, status 10
2014-10-31 01:04:56 [galaxy_client][Information]: InstallProductTask for gid 1207665883 install complete
2014-10-31 01:04:56 [galaxy_client][Information]: Serializing product 1207665883 to DB
2014-10-31 01:04:57 [galaxy_client][Information]: Serializing product 1207665883 to index
2014-10-31 01:04:58 [galaxy_client][Information]: Loading minimanifest C:\GOG Games\AvP Classic\goggame-1207665883.info
2014-10-31 01:04:58 [galaxy_client][Information]: Reloaded product info from DB for product gid '1207665883' (language 'english' manifestTimestamp '21035978' revisions '1207665883'), remote: -
Post edited October 31, 2014 by MarvinCZ
I've had no problems with the launcher so far.

I noticed it download and install updates on three occasions...

After I installed the game and ran the launcher for the first time - 45 MBs
A few days ago - 3.5 MBs
Last Night - ~100 MBs

I have only needed to give my GOG credentials the first time I launched it. Seems to remember and auto login every time close and re-open the client. I guess I'll hold off on Installing that mod I wanted to try out since other people are having issues.
Tonyx35: I've had no problems with the launcher so far.

I noticed it download and install updates on three occasions...

After I installed the game and ran the launcher for the first time - 45 MBs
A few days ago - 3.5 MBs
Last Night - ~100 MBs

I have only needed to give my GOG credentials the first time I launched it. Seems to remember and auto login every time close and re-open the client. I guess I'll hold off on Installing that mod I wanted to try out since other people are having issues.
Yeah, where does it save the login information since it doesn't ask for a login after it's entered the first time?
Win 7 Pro, 64 bit Launcher hangs upon login indefinitely if Avast is not turned off. No failure message or anything, just boredom and wasted CPUs.
It would be nice to be able to pause/resume the downloading of any updates.

It would also be nice if there is an option to only notify when there is an update and ONLY download the update when I click download.
Works perfecly on laptop: Win7 64x, Intel i5,Intel grapics3000 and PC: Win7x64 Intel i7,nvidia gtx630.
Dear GOG,

You probably meant it to be like that, but please kindly remove the DirectX redistributables from the list of verified AvP files. That 100 MB download was completely pointless for the vast majority of people, as was the installation, and now that folder can't even be removed without the client running to rescue it back in!

One of the things that greatly annoys me about GOG packages and Steam downloads is how every last one of them includes the same goddamn redistributables! Please, as you develop Galaxy further, make these packages optional! Installing them once is enough, and I make sure to do it when I first set up my system. It's particularly aggravating for people with SSDs, all the same system files being overwritten every time!
Just a random thought: Will you be able to view patch notes every time the Galaxy client updates a game? I think this would be a very useful feature for many people...
subtxt: Just a random thought: Will you be able to view patch notes every time the Galaxy client updates a game? I think this would be a very useful feature for many people...
I agree, I would like to see the patch notes.

On another note, I don't know if anyone noticed, but whenever the launcher/game updates, it creates a new shortcut for that selected game.

I don't know if that's a bug or if it's supposed to happen.

If it's supposed to happen I would think it's a unnecessary step, unless the folder changes locations or the icon changes.

Anyway, that's just my opinion.
The launcher has worked fine for me. Thanks for the free game GOG. AvP 2000 is excellent
Launcher and game working fine for me, had great fun in multi player, just went to have another go, but alas noone was hosting a game :(

Thanks

phenom ii x4 965 black edition
GTX 750 ti
8GB Ram
Win XP SP3
When I launch the AvP 2000 Classic icon a window with GALAXY UPDATER shows up...
it starts to download an update of 3,5MB size...
as it loads, it overloads those 3,5MB to something like 6 - 7MB...
after that finishes an error pops out...
Galaxy Updater encountered an error and could not continue: Updater failed downloading files.

I press OK...
the GOG launcher shows up...
it downloaded an update (102MB big)...
tells me up to date after it finished the setup in background...
current version as of now: 0.1.0.456

when I launch the game and enter Multiplayer I get an error:
Failed to Initialize..

Being unable to play MP since the AvP Galaxy MP offer started...

any FIX? SOLUTION? ANSWER?