It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The launcher process is CPU consuming while downloading for update. So much that I think there is something wrong.

But the game is playing ok even on an very bad internet (like 200 Kbps).
just used it:

startet the game after installing, the launcher made an update of 25MB after that game startet and went just well.

no crash, no other problems, multiplayer worked fine.
well, just one map was online to join but it worked without problems
Worked fine. I like the look of the launcher as well.
It worked fine for me
* Problem: The first three or four times which I used the gog galaxy launcher I couldn't find any multiplayer sessions available, and in the launcher window the "UNABLE TO CONNECT" message kept showing itself.

* Reason: Avast antivirus didn't allow the gog launcher to update.

* Solution: If you use avast, pause it before starting the galaxy launcher in the first time . After it updates, this shouldn't happen anymore.

=========
PC Configurations:

- (CPU) Intel Core 2 Duo CPU (E7400) 2.80 GHz
- (MEM) 4 GB RAM
- (VIDEO) Nvidia GeForce 7300 SE
- (Connection speed) 1 MB
- (Type of connection) PPOE
Post edited October 28, 2014 by oireno
Splatsch: - is the launcher (or Galaxy) storing my username and password somewhere ? Is there an option to turn it on or off ?
Venom: No, you login with your username/password, but those credentials are never stored.
That's funny because I was only asked for that information the first couple of times I used the launcher. An option to manually log out would be nice. Or at least a clear indication of whether or not you've been logged out.
Post edited October 28, 2014 by Lemon_Curry
Launcher works fine
Venom: No, you login with your username/password, but those credentials are never stored.
Lemon_Curry: That's funny because I was only asked for that information the first couple of times I used the launcher. An option to manually log out would be nice. Or at least a clear indication of whether or not you've been logged out.
Some credentials are definitely stored. I had to enter my GOG password only on the first start of the launcher and never again since then. And I also would prefer to have a logout option (or any other option which would prevent to store credentials).
Everything runs like an alien for me. There was only one time I've got noticeable delay - I believe, though, it was due to host being somewhere over horizon. All multiplayer issues for me originate from the game itself, so, overall, everything seems to work just fine.
eiii: Some credentials are definitely stored. I had to enter my GOG password only on the first start of the launcher and never again since then.
Come to think of it, I'm not sure I was asked to log in a second time. I'm certainly not interested in having the information stored. Hopefully, GOG will solve this issue soon.
No sure if anyone mentioned it, but it would be nice to have 2 seperate shotrcuts created during installation. AvP 2000 and AvP 2000 Galaxy Launcher.
So far it works fine, the only problem I found is the launcher window doesn't popped on top, instead it was burried under other windows when it started.
PaulMuadDibUsul: No sure if anyone mentioned it, but it would be nice to have 2 seperate shotrcuts created during installation. AvP 2000 and AvP 2000 Galaxy Launcher.
You got them in the Start Menu. There's only one on the desktop though, but both are in the Start Menu.
PaulMuadDibUsul: No sure if anyone mentioned it, but it would be nice to have 2 seperate shotrcuts created during installation. AvP 2000 and AvP 2000 Galaxy Launcher.
SleepyChef: You got them in the Start Menu. There's only one on the desktop though, but both are in the Start Menu.
Too bad on desktop is only one :P

I'm not lazy. Just efficient :D
Works OK. However it would be really nice if there were controls to pause update.