Software Engineer (macOS / C++)
GOG.com is calling out to all master engineers to join our extraordinary team as a Software Engineer and take part in the development of GOG Galaxy: our truly gamer-friendly, DRM-free, online gaming platform (GOG.com/galaxy). You will also have the opportunity to play a key role in a variety of other brand new R&D projects, while working with other engineers in SCRUM methodology. If you are a gamer yourself and value freedom of choice, optional clients and cross platform games - the GOG Galaxy Team will be a perfect place for you.
- Shape the future of GOG Galaxy, our multi-platform desktop app, used by millions of gamers worldwide.
- Implement and own major features to provide the best possible experience for our users on macOS.
- Maintain and optimize subsystems of existing applications.
- Stay abreast of emerging new technologies, research new tools and implement best practices.
- At least 3 years’ experience as a C++ and Obj-C programmer.
- Practical knowledge of development tools: Xcode, LLDB debugger, and Apple's "instruments" suite.
- Proven ability to develop macOS applications.
- Experience with multithreaded programming.
- Practical experience with software development best practices (version control, testing, deployment etc.).
- Fluency in spoken and written English.
- Experience in programming for iOS.
- Experience in working with various multi-platform UI toolkits (for example: Qt, wxWidgets).
- Experience with other platforms (Windows, Linux), especially in cross-platform development.
- Knowledge of CMake, Python, Git, Protobuf.
- Passion for gaming, game services and online communities.
What we offer:
- A great, laid-back work atmosphere in our office based in Warsaw, Poland.
- A unique opportunity to enter a booming industry and to influence the future of digital distribution.
- The chance to work in an international environment with exceptional experts.
- A Profit Sharing Program after 6 months of work, where employees share 10 % of GOG.com's net profit (paid out once a year).
- Access to a health care and sport activities package.
- A full-time job in our Warsaw, Poland headquarters.
- A relocation package for foreigners as well as assistance from our HR throughout the whole process.
- Polish lessons should you need them.
- Frequent social activities, free fruits, an in-house canteen, and other goodies are a standard.
- Free access to CD PROJEKT RED & GOG.com games.
- An in-house gym, open 24/7, available exclusively for CD PROJEKT RED & GOG.com employees.
- A gamer's paradise where you will be surrounded by games - living & breathing them!
If you think that you are the one, please submit your CV in English and code samples (and tell us why you think you are the best candidate out there!) here:
Please be informed that we reserve the right to contact only selected applicants. The hired individual will need to work in-house, in our office based in Warsaw, Poland.
Please also include the following statement with your application: "I hereby consent to the processing of my vital and personal data in so far as this is required under the current as well as future recruitment campaigns conducted by GOG Poland Sp. z o.o., with headquarters in Warsaw, Jagiellońska 74 street, in accordance with the Act of August 29, 1997, on the Protection of Personal Information (JoL no. 133, item 883)."