Venom. Codename: Outbreak is a tactical 3D-shooter set in the near future. Your aim is to oppose an alien invasion on Earth and protect the human race from extermination while evil parasites continue turning people into mind-killing beasts. Together with a teammate, you play the role of an ex-Ukranian combat group member - and your primary goal is to progress through 14 action-packed single-player missions or play via multiplayer with your friends over a LAN connection.
The game-play involved is very close to the actions portrayed by a real-life task force and you will encounter well-guarded enemy bases, where the success of the whole operation is as much dependant on your ability to remain undetected, as your skill to take out the opponent with a single shot.
Your objectives will take place deep in an area containing dense Jungle growth; hilly terrains and large enemy complexes and you will often find that you are outnumbered, that your adversaries are extremely dangerous and that you will have to overcome many hazardous obstacles. However, this is what you do best, so pack-out, lockup and get ready for some action…
- The first shooter made by the developer of the classic S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series
- Features 14 diverse single player and co-operative environments.
- Stunning detail and extensive landscapes bring this futuristic battlefield to life.
- Features challenging artifical intelligence and realistic enemy reactions.
- Select from both day and night campaigns.
- Features a range of menacing team-mate escorts that can be carefully selected for each of their individial abilities depending on your mission objectives.
- Choose to play in 3rd person view or switch to 1st person view for maximim realism.
- Extensive multiplayer features including exclusive multplayer maps, varying network play options including Co-operative, Capture the Flag, Deathmatch and many more.