Set in a fantasy interpretation of ancient India, Unrest is an adventure RPG focused on story and choices. Play as five ordinary people who are struggling to get by in the in the famine-stricken city-state of Bhimra.
Brave poverty, disease, treason, political and social upheaval. Face unique burdens and gripping dilemmas as you struggle to survive in each chapter...but choices made to help one character may well make life harder for another.
In Unrest, there are no heroes of legend, there is no mystical quest, and fate has not chosen you. You're on your own.
- Play as a peasant girl faced with an arranged marriage, a priest troubled by his radical temple, a slum dweller with a dangerous past, an ambassador from a militant nation, and a mercenary captain far out of his depth - all as part of the same narrative.
- Hard decisions made in one chapter have consequences in the next. A choice made as one character may well determine the fate of another.
- There are no fail states in Unrest - if a character dies or fails in their objectives, that becomes part of the narrative.
- Organic, branching dialogues designed to offer an unparalleled level of control and involvement to the player.
- Combat is rare and always avoidable. When faced with the possibility of death, it's up to you to decide how much you're willing to risk.
- Lush hand-drawn sprites and environments combined with a classical Indian soundtrack perfectly echoes the narrative's emotional core.
- Mod support allows you to create and share your own worlds and adventures.