“A city of wealth and opportunity beckons… For the brave travellers seeking the Crown of Command, the City is a place of both great potential and great peril.”
Discover the City Region, one of the four Kingdoms surrounding the land of Talisman. This expansion adds a new board piece to the main Talisman board, taking you into the bustling City filled with shops, Strangers, Merchants and more. For the traveller with some gold to spend, a trip to the City can give them the edge to survive.
The City sits on the corner of the main board and can be accessed through the City space. Once inside the busy city, you’ll find yourself roaming through the streets with the option to enter a range of shops. The shops in the city are filled with Objects, Spells, Armour, Potions, Pets and more.
Check the Wanted Posters at the City Gate space, take on bounties and earn gold for slaying monsters across the land!
As cities grow, so can the opportunities for crime. For the agile thief, every encounter is the perfect chance to earn some more gold! When playing as the Cat Burglar:
- When you encounter 2 or more cards you may deal with them in any order you wish. Enemies with the same encounter number will still fight together.
- You have the option to burgle purchasable Objects you come across, but you’ll need high Craft for the more valuable items!
With new and exciting possibilities arriving in the city, the ability to craft and build from new Objects has never been easier. The Tinkerer can bring his Objects to life with his magic abilities! When playing as the Tinkerer:
- You start the game with 3 Objects of your choice from the Purchase deck.
- You may turn Objects you have into automated Followers.
- Whenever you encounter a Construct, you may take it as an automated Follower instead of attacking it. However, while a Construct is an automated Follower you cannot use it.
- You may use automated Followers to discard cards drawn on spaces and replace them with new ones.
Narrow lanes and shadows spread across the City. Lurking in these shadows allows the Spy to follow others unseen. When playing as the Spy:
- Once during your turn, you may take a secret look at the top card on any deck.
- At any time during the game, you may look at the Spell Cards held by other Characters.
- Instead of rolling the die for your movement, you may shadow a character in the same Region and teleport to their space. You cannot encounter that character during that turn.
Wanted Posters cover the walls at the City Gates. Hundreds of thieves and miscreants have unfortunately swarmed to the City with its tempting shops and rich folk. It's the Bounty Hunter’s goal to rid the land of these unpleasant characters, and he will be rewarded handsomely for doing so! When playing as the Bounty Hunter:
- Whenever you defeat a character that does not match your current alignment in battle or in psychic combat, you gain 1 gold in addition to your normal reward.
- Whenever you kill an Enemy you gain 1 gold.
- If you have stand-off during battle or psychic combat, you win the attack instead.
- You may take 1 trophy of your choice from a character that you land on.
The Elementalist’s control of the elements allows them to shift their Strength and Craft to their advantage. It also allows them to take control of any Elements they may encounter. When playing as the Elementalist:
- At the start of the game, and once during your turn, you may choose to add 4 to your Strength or Craft.
- You automatically kill Enemy Elements without resorting to battle or psychic combat.
As the population of the city has grown, the Tavern has become even more popular. Overhearing tales of adventure, the Tavern Maid decides it’s time she had one too! When playing as the Tavern Maid:
- You start the game with 5 Potion Cards.
- Whenever you visit the Tavern, you choose which result to use instead of rolling.
- If you move into a space that has any characters, you may end your move there and pour them a drink. If there are 2 or more characters, you choose the order in which you encounter them. The characters must give you 1 gold (if able) and roll 1 die to the Tavern Maid’s roll chart.
Join the ‘Thieves’ Guild’ and rule the land of Talisman with as much plunder as your thieving hands can get hold of. Once you’ve reached the Crown of Command your pockets have no limit and all the other characters’ gold and Objects are yours for the taking. Once all the gold is yours, you’ll be the winner!
If another thief lands on the Crown of Command they will also roll for the Thieves’ Guild, but whoever has the most gold and Objects wins the game.
Join the ‘Merchants’ Guild’ where only the richest and most powerful rule. Anyone who starts their turn without any gold may gain one gold as a gesture of good will from the guild. However, if it’s the Crown of Command they wish to conquer, they must prove their wealth. No one can win and rule with the Crown unless they have 20 gold or more.
Join the ‘Assassins’ Guild’ and rise to glory. If you think you’re a capable and skilled assassin this is your time to prove it. Complete 4 assassinations against 4 Wanted Poster targets and head to the Crown of Command to win the game. Be careful though, if you’re killed you may lose a Wanted Poster from your stash.
“Enter the City, brave traveller, and discover the wealth and wonders it holds!”
- 82 City Cards
- 12 Armoury Cards
- 12 Pet Cards
- 16 Magic Emporium Cards
- 16 Potion Cards
- 8 Stables Cards
- 18 Wanted Poster Cards
- 3 new Alternative Ending
- 6 New characters
Talisman © Games Workshop Limited 1983, 1985, 1994, 2007. Talisman: Digital Edition © Games Workshop Limited 2020. Games Workshop, Talisman, Talisman: Digital Edition, the foregoing marks’ respective logos and all associated marks, logos, characters, products and illustrations from the Talisman game are either ®, TM and/or © Games Workshop Limited 1983–2020, variably registered in the UK and other countries around the world. This edition published under license to Nomad Games Ltd. Nomad Games is the registered trademark Nomad Games Limited. All Rights Reserved to their respective owners.