Includes Sins of a Solar Empire: Trinity®, Sins of a Solar Empire®: Rebellion plus the Forbidden Worlds®, Stellar Phenomena®, Outlaw Sectors™, Minor Factions and Soundtrack DLCs
Sins of a Solar Empire®: Rebellion
While many were hopeful that diplomacy would finally end the war, differing opinions on what should be done, along with the depleted power of the controlling factions, has led to a splintering of the groups involved.
The loyalist members of the Trader Emergency Coalition adopt a policy of isolation, focusing on enhanced defenses to ride out the rest of the war. Those who rebel against the coalition take on a purely militant view, coming to the opinion that the only way to bring peace is by ultimately crushing all who oppose them - especially xenos.
For the first time in their history, the war creates a schism in the Advent Unity. The loyalists seek to continue their policy of revenge against the Traders, and to assimilate all others to the Unity’s influence. However, others amongst the Advent suspect that a corrupting influence from within has diverted the Unity from its proper destiny.
The divide created in the Vasari Empire is less pronounced, but just as severe to their people. With the Vasari now practically frantic to move on to new space, the loyalist faction abandons cooperation and decides to take the resources they need by any means necessary. Having accepted the need to work together, the rebel faction feels that their best chance for survival is to work with the other races and bring them along to flee the approaching enemy.
Take the battle for galactic supremacy to its ultimate level in Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion – a standalone RT4X game that combines the tactics of real-time strategy with the depth of the 4X genre (eXplore, eXpand, eXploit, eXterminate).
- New Factions: Decide whether to play as a Loyalist or Rebel – each unlocks new technologies, ships and play styles for each race.
- New Titan Class Warships: Mighty titans enter the fray of the war to tip the scales of power. Each faction may field their own unique titan, drawing upon unique strengths and abilities on the battlefield.
- New and Updated Capital Ships: A new capital ship joins the fleet for each race to offer even more tactical options. Additionally, all existing capital ships have been upgraded to four levels for their abilities, allowing players to focus their ships along specific strengths.
- New Corvette Class Ships: Small and maneuverable, each faction has developed a new light attack craft to harass enemy forces.
- Updated Visuals: Updated graphics, particle effects, lighting and shadows, race specific UI and other enhancements make the Sins’ universe look better than ever.
- New Victory Conditions: Take multiple paths to victory including – Military, Diplomatic, Research, Last Flagship Standing, Last Capital Standing and Occupation.
- New Audio: More than 60 minutes of original music, countless new sound effects and dozens of new voice overs help bring the drama of battle to new levels of immersion.
- Tutorials: New and updated tutorials make it easy for both experienced and new players to quickly start building their own solar empire.
- Plus, a number of optimizations that provide better performance than ever before!
Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion - Forbidden Worlds®
The war between the loyalists and the rebels within the TEC, Advent and Vasari continues within the depths of Trader Space. Yet, this sector of the galaxy has far more worlds and far more history than any of the factions are aware. Survival forces each to expand into the unknown, discovering worlds of hazard, wealth, risk, and mystery. Most ominously, the Trader factions have been loathe to expand to these worlds due to the dark myths that surround them.
- Four new planet types to colonize and exploit (Barren, Ferrous, Greenhouse, Oceanic), each created with beautiful high-res textures.
- New Planet Specialization System: Dedicate your worlds to either social or industrial output. Devoting your planet to social improvements will increase its population and culture, at the cost of trade income and ship production. Choosing an industrial path will limit your growth and culture, but make your planet a trading and ship building powerhouse.
- 15 new research subjects allow the races to conquer and expand onto the forbidden worlds.
- Discover 40 new planet bonuses during your exploration of the galaxy, unlocking the dark past of the Sins’ universe.
Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion - Stellar Phenomena®
The ever-expanding conflicts within and between the TEC, Vasari, and Advent have pushed the battlegrounds into uncharted space. The sectors now being drawn into the war feature the most dangerous and powerful natural phenomena in the galaxy.
Exploit what resources remain in these dangerous sectors while you can. The uncharted depths of space hold threats beyond any natural phenomenon, and not all of them wait to be explored.
- New stars: Skirt the boundary of a deadly black hole, avoid the deadly radiation of a spinning pulsar, and survive the crushing gravity of an impossibly dense neutron star.
- 6 new deep space anomalies: Mine the riches in the wreckage of a devastating fleet battle or recharge at an inexplicable fountain of antimatter tearing apart the fabric of space-time. Each anomaly’s all-new gameplay effect adds variety and strategic opportunities to every map.
- 11 dramatic random events: The fate of not just your empire but the galaxy at large will change in a heartbeat with Stellar Phenomena’s random events enabled. Stars launch volatile gases that shut down orbital operations, mobile storms wreak havoc across the solar system, and conquered factions sense your weakness and seek to reclaim their worlds.
Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion® - Outlaw Sectors™
Challenge yourself with new strategies and unique setups with the new "Outlaw Sectors" gameplay option and brand new maps for Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion. The variety of map sizes and designs will let you enjoy any kind of match you want, from intimate 1v1 duels all the way to epic 10-player brawls.
- "Outlaw Sectors" Gameplay Option: The lawless fringe is increasingly hostile, but for those with a criminal mind it's also rich with new opportunities.
- Smuggling Specialization: Choose this planetary development to grab a cut of everyone's trade income - but at a cost. The increased corruption from this black market activity will reduce that planet's tax income.
- Rampant Militias: Autonomous planetary militias will grow, raid nearby systems, and repopulate over time. Use them to help defend your worlds, or coordinate your attacks with their strikes for maximum impact.
- Pirate Turf: Vicious when in their home sector, pirates can now raid multiple players simultaneously, drastically changing the art of the bidding war. And, just to make sure they are fully motivated to do what they do best, all credits spent on bounties will receive an automatic bonus.
- New Maps
- Power Struggle - Contest the distant resource fields and nearby planets before striking at the enemy’s homeworld.
- Slim Pickings - Claim what remains among the war-torn stars and seize what you can from the other empires.
- Crossfire - Take your enemy’s homeworlds and coordinate your assault with your ally in order to win.
- High Stakes - Build a powerful fleet and seize the resource rich planets from enemy militia.
- Ironheart - Flanked by an enemy on each side, you must prioritize your resources carefully to achieve victory.
- Titans of Cimtar - Secure your planet from among the 8 gas giants dominating the map, then make war upon your neighbors.
- Death Spiral - The system is falling into a black hole and your enemies aren’t about to let you leave without a fight.
- Dogfight - Lead your allies into glorious battle amongst the stars in this huge map.
- Buzzsaw - Make one mistake and you may lose more than you bargained for in this spiral galaxy that leaves no room for error.
- Rising Empires - Secure your star system amidst the crushed local resistance and set your sights on your rivals’ territories.
- Desolation - Claim what little the Vasari have left behind and forge what remains of the worlds in the massive cluster of stars into a force capable of conquest.
Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion - Minor Factions
With the conflict between the TEC, Advent, and Vasari creating rifts within each civilization, the galaxy has become less stable than ever. With resources dwindling and time running out, every advantage must be exploited….
For the first time ever, add a whole new dimension of strategy with Minor Factions. Compete against your enemies to exert control over upstart forces that have emerged outside the boundaries of the great powers. Crush them if you desire, but it might be wiser to let your diplomatic envoys persuade them to join your cause - their unique capabilities may prove to be the difference between victory and defeat.
- “Minor Factions” Gameplay Option - Enable the spawning of minor factions! Each game will place a number of minor factions onto the map to expand your strategic and tactical options.
- 15 new minor factions - Send envoys to persuade minor factions to join your empire and cultivate their unique abilities and advantages. Minor Factions include:
- Nilari Cultists: These fanatical Advent cultists command waves of suicidal martyrs, sacrifice their people for devastating effects, and indoctrinate nearby populations to accelerate their cause. Be careful, though - with the end being near, they don't always discriminate between friend and foe, and it won’t matter whether you’ve won them to your side or not!
- Viturak Transport Cabal: Vasari technology is notoriously difficult to get ahold of. Contact the Cabal to gain access to black market Vasari travel tech, including phase engine improvements and the ability to execute covert raids. If they let you into the back room, you may even find yourself with a stolen Antorak Marauder that you could pair with their local phase stabilizer...
- Grost Scrappers Union: Credits don’t discriminate, and neither does this faction! These underground human entrepreneurs accept payment from anyone. If you need an armor retrofit, a quick field repair, a great deal on resources, or even a place to convert those obsolete frigates into profitable scrap - these are your guys!
- 12 additional minor factions: Each faction provides abilities and advantages unique to their theme and role, including mercenaries, xenophobes, pacifists, used ship dealers, demolition experts, resource miners, resistance fighters, arms dealers and more!
Sins of a Solar Empire: Trinity®
In Sins of a Solar Empire: Trinity, you are the leader of a civilization embroiled in a galactic war, fighting for the survival of your entire race against relentless foes. Your success will depend entirely on your ability to manage your empire and command your vast fleets of starships to victory.
Sins of a Solar Empire: Trinity is a “RT4X” game, blending the epic strategy and empire management of the 4X genre (Explore, Expand, Exploit, Exterminate) with the fast-paced and tactical elements of real-times strategy.
- Explore the epic scale of a dynamic 3D galaxy featuring planets, asteroids, plasma storms, stars and more.
- Take on multiple roles as you seamlessly transition between the role of emperor and fleet commander using Sins’ unique strategic zoom.
- Extensive diplomatic and economic strategies are yours to wield to your advantage. Forge alliances, establish powerful pacts with allies to open up new bonuses, setup trade between empires and use pirates to take out over-powered tyrants.
- Fight epic battles with hundreds of ships on-screen at once, with up to 10,000 particles firing off in full-out combat.
- Seamless zoom in and out, from looking at a one-man fighter to viewing your entire empire spanning billions of kilometers of space.
- Defend your worlds by constructing massive starbases, deploying deadly minefields, and researching advanced defensive technologies.
- Create strong alliances and gain powerful pact bonuses using the all new diplomacy system.
- Bribe or hire pirates to wipe out your opponents, but beware, the pirates gain strength over time and can also be used against you!
Internet multiplayer via Ironclad Online is no longer supported for this game due to GDPR requirements. Sins of a Solar Empire: Trinity multiplayer can still be played via LAN or DirectIP, however.
©2012 Stardock Entertainment and Ironclad Games Corporation. Sins of a Solar Empire and Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion are registered trademarks of Ironclad Games Corporation. All rights reserved.