About This GameKnights of the Chalice 2
is a 2D RPG with turn-based combat
for Windows and macOS. The game uses the OGL 3.5
, the set of rules at the root of Dungeons & Dragons 3.5
, a role-playing game from Wizards of the Coast.
Create a party of up to six adventurers and explore the village of Finchbury and the dangerous sewer complex that lurks beneath the town. You will be able to recruit up to three companions during the course of the adventure.
The characters will soon find themselves caught up in deadly conflict with a powerful group of evil worshippers, the Circle of the Black Rose. Your epic struggle for survival and justice will culminate in the retaking of Gleegold Keep from the forces of evil.
- Turn-based, party-based tactical combat similar to that found in the RPG Dark Sun Shattered Lands made by SSI and in Troika's Temple of Elemental Evil.
- User-friendly interface. Launch a charge, full-attack or coup-de-grace with a single click - the computer will automatically look for the best option available. Out of combat, move the party with a single click or by keeping the mouse button pushed. Also see the KotC 1 How to Play webpage for more information.
- A well-developed emergent Artificial Intelligence. Enemies act as a group and support each other. They can use special actions like Grapple, Trip, Disarm, Sunder, Feint, Bull Rush, Ready Versus Spell or Swallow Whole and other tactics like taking a Five-Foot step before casting Maximised Fireball. They might use a Wind spell to dissipate the player's Acid Fog or Incendiary Cloud.
- Omnipresent help files and clear in-game feedback (a feature also found in Temple of Elemental Evil) on the results of each dice roll, saving throw, attack roll, modifiers and so on.
- With the right materials and sufficient gold and experience points, craft your own weapons and armour and apply enchantments like Vorpal, Life Stealing, Wounding, Swift, Dispelling or Flaming Burst (see the complete list).
- Multiple-choice dialogue options offering real choices and real in-game consequences to the player. Use your party's unique skills and consider your own preferences and playing style in order to resolve situations in the most suitable manner.
- Enjoy a variety of engrossing puzzles and riddles. Use your intuition and logical thinking to decrypt mysterious coded messages. The game's cryptography interface, inspired by Broken Sword Shadow of the Templars, makes decoding a captivating activity. Do not worry about the difficulty of puzzles and riddles though, as the game frequently provides Hints designed to help you resolve this type of challenge.
- Experience brand new tactical challenges. Get ready for pitched battles with frequent enemy reinforcements.Some monsters will attack the party once it is divided into two subgroups. Your characters may have to fight underwater, brave the heat of a volcano, or endure the toxic fumes of a gigantic poison trap. Some particularly devious areas, called Death Snares, will tax the party's fighting ability and survival skill to its extreme limit.
- KotC 2 Augury of Chaos allows you to create your level-1 characters and take them all the way to level 21 or so. There is no limit on character level. You can create up to six characters from scratch. In addition, you may recruit up to three permanent companions and one temporary companion during the course of the adventure, increasing your total number of party members to eight or nine by the end of the game.
- Use the powerful integrated toolset to create new modules and campaigns easily. Easily swap monster tokens and sprites or create new ones. Create new monsters, new dialogues and new maps easily. The best modules may also generate an income stream for you.
- Enjoy fast Saved-Game loading and saving and various game options designed to accelerate gameplay. Enjoy various convenience features, such as the Saved-Game preview image display, Tab key press to highlight objects that may be interacted with, or the Inventory Screen highlighting of spell scrolls that may be learned by a character.
- Thanks to its successful Kickstarter campaign, KotC 2 will receive many further improvements in the future, including new sprite graphics, new feats, new items, an isometric tutorial module, and much more.
HeroicFantasyGames.com. All rights reserved.