Hexen II is a dark fantasy first-person shooter and RPG developed by Raven Software and published by id Software in 1997. It is the third game in the Heretic/Hexen series and the epic conclusion to the Serpent Riders trilogy.
The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse lurk in the shadows before you. They are Death, Pestilence, Famine, and War. They are the root of all that is evil, but the least of your worries. The last of the three Serpent Riders, Eidolon, yet lives.
As the spellcasting Necromancer, the stealthy Assassin, the defensive Crusader, or the offensive Paladin, you must defeat the dark generals and their Hell-spawned legions before you can face the archfiend Eidolon and attempt to end his ravenous onslaught. Go in peace and you will surely die.
- Choose from four classes: Paladin, Crusader, Assassin, and Necromancer.
- Experience the Quake Engine's true, polygon-based modeling for the most realistic, detailed environments ever seen by 1997.
- Possess distinct spells, powers and 32 new weapons.
- Earn experience and gain levels to get more hit points and unlock abilities such as increased speed, firepower, and jump distance.
- Fight your way through four demon-infested worlds with unique themes: Medieval European, Ancient Egyptian, Mesoamerican, and Greco-Roman.
- Come face-to-face with evil Knight Archers, Fire Imps, Were-Jaguars, Skull Wizards, and more.
- Play cooperatively with friends or fight them in a bloody deathmatch. Supports up to 16 players via LAN.