Operation Torch is an expansion of the acclaimed wargame, Gary Grigsby’s War in the West. This new addition to the most detailed strategy game available on the Western Front of WWII, introduces 10 new challenging scenarios, including both historical and what-if operations.
Following Rommel’s defeat at the Second Battle of El-Alamein in 1942, the British 8th Army under the command of General B.L. Montgomery, penetrated deep into northern Libya.
Axis forces were limited, disheartened and lacked supplies. It was the right moment for the Allies to administer the coup de grace in this theater of operations and gain control of the southern part of the Mediterranean Sea to be able to land in Europe…
The expansion includes 10 diverse scenarios for an extensive coverage of the African and Western European theaters between late 1942 and 1945:
- Torch to Tunisia (10 Nov 1942 - 26 Jul 1943 - 37 turns)
- Battle for Tunisia (Feb 1943 – June 1943 – approximately 20 turns)
- Rommel Attacks (Feb 1943 – March 1943 – approximately 6 turns)
- Operation Dragoon (8 Aug 1944 - 18 Sep 1944 - 6 turns)
- Operation Diadem to the Gothic Line (11 May 1944 - 27 Sep 1944 - 20 turns)
- Breaching the Gothic Line (25 Aug 1944 - 4 May 1945 - 36 turns)
- Weakest Link (13 Sep 1944 - 10 Feb 1945 - 20 turns) is an air only campaign covering the attacks on the German oil and fuel industries
- Pointblank Directive 1944 (16 Jun 1943 - 5 Apr 1944 - 42 turns) is an air only campaign covering the early strategic bombing efforts by Bomber Command and the US 8th Air Force
- 1945 Campaign (16 Dec 1944 - 4 Aug 1945 - 33 turns) starts with the Battle of the Bulge and covers the entire western theater of operations.
- The 4th Supreme Command (3 July 1943 - 4 Aug 1945 - 109 turns) is a hypothetical Grand Campaign that assumes Hitler had been assassinated in March 1943, and that the Axis armies were in a better situation in the summer of 1943.
© 2014 Slitherine Ltd. and Matrix Games Ltd. All Rights Reserved. Gary Grigsby’s War in the West, Slitherine Ltd., and their logos are all trademarks of Slitherine Ltd. All other marks and trademarks are the property of their respective owners. Developed by Slitherine Ltd./ Matrix Games Ltd. And 2by3 Games