Doki Doki Gravity Dive is a Score Attack Shoot 'em Up with tiny solar systems as your playground
which are populated with tiny worlds and a singularity at their center.
Enemies relentlessly invade and it is up to you to keep them at bay. At least for as long as you can!
Each celestial body has its own gravitational pull and to stand even the slightest chance to survive the never ending onslaught, you have to adapt to changes in gravity quickly and throw concepts like up and down out the window!
So hop, fly, dodge, shoot and (hopefully) have fun!
...until the heat death of the universe.Features
- Lunchbreak-sized Arcade gameplay.
- Dynamic gravity system which affects every moving object in the game. Even weapon projectiles!
- 2 game modes: Arcade & Dimensions
- 4 seasons, each providing their own starting difficulty and progression.
- 17 enemy types, each with their own behavior and attack pattern.
- Planets shaped like cubes, cylinders, pyramids, toruses and more form countless, unique solar systems.
- Your ship is equipped with an upgradeable weapon, bombs, "EX" special attack, speed boost, jump and hover abilities to deal with everything the universe throws at you!
- Visual style reminiscent of 1980s CGI. Lowpoly, textureless, clean.
- Soundtrack by ChronoWolf which pushes you to your limits! Buy it on Bandcamp!
Doki Doki Gravity Dive was inspired by games like Geometry Wars, Devil Daggers and the gravity system of Super Mario Galaxy.
The visual style was inspired by both TRON, StarFox and 1980s CGI and chosen to be deliberately simple and as easy to read as possible considering the otherwise chaotic nature of the gameplay.
"DOKI DOKI GRAVITY DIVE (c) 2021 Christian Beckhäuser. All rights reserved."