“What do you see when you look in the mirror, Malakai?”
“I see a world where the strong prey on the weak, where virtues like honor and justice are just a myth. I see our world but it is a bad place, Kaela… and we are part of it now.”
Dark Envoy is a non-linear RPG to offer exploration of a vast world with an emphasis on tactical combat layered with lore and strategy. A continuation of Event Horizon’s attempt, which began with the studio’s debut title Tower of Time, to shatter long-standing RPG tropes and to create something unique in the process.
Explore the world using your Skyship, your base of operations. Hunt for mythical locations, and procedurally generated dungeons with optional tactical objectives. Choose wisely where to travel however, as the world map adjusts with the passing of in-game time, becoming progressively more challenging.
As the Human Empire fights for dominance against the remnants of the Old Races, Dark Technology clashes against Magic — neither side is good and just. The strong prey on the weak taking whatever they please. This is total war, where the defeated will be entirely wiped from the pages of history.
Against this backdrop, Kaela and Malakai aspire to repair their parents’ broken airship in order to travel the world, seeking to face whatever dungeons, challenges, and riches may come their way. They are hungry to learn how to fight, build, and forge alliances and friendships across the known lands. Together, they search for ancient relics and forgotten places. Together, they look to leave a legacy in their wake…
Yet, their journey begins in blood and tragedy.
Your choices are everything and they can reshape your life in this place, even the world around you. Will you become strong enough to survive the journey and reach the end? Will you find the power to change this grim reflection of our own world? Will your legacy be one of peace and honor, or stained by bloodshed and destruction?
When you look in the mirror at the end, what reflection will you see there?
- Non-linear RPG with real time combat (with slow or pause) where tactics and party power are equally important.
- Player choices impact the world: it can be destroyed or saved, and the stories that unfold will lead to multiple endings reflecting the characters’ personalities and decisions.
- 4 base classes / 16 specialization classes to discover - with the ability to mix skill trees - including some rare classes which can only be found in remote locations or through chained quests.
- New RPG system, promoting experimentation and requiring frequent adaptation to the new challenges.
- 4K Graphics, Free movement camera, Multiple enviro biomes, Visually Striking VFX, Cutscenes (in-game and animated illustrations), Animations created with in-house MOCAP, Great Soundtrack, Character Customization, Day/Night cycle, Crafting, Enchanting, Research
- High-replayability factor due to large pool of quests, local, and world events. One cannot uncover all of the content in a single playthrough.
© Copyright 2019 | Event Horizon Ltd. | All rights reserved