Battle Brothers includes the FREE Lindwurm DLC
In Germanic mythology, a Lindwurm is a wingless bipedal dragon resembling a large snake. It's a large and fearsome creature, the adversary in many a legend, and home to the wild and uncivilized parts of the world of Battle Brothers. Challenge your mercenary company against a terrifying Lindwurm and claim its hoard of treasures as your own!
- Adds a new opponent with unique mechanics and loot: the Lindwurm
- Adds a new set of Lindwurm-themed named armor, helmet and shield
- Adds a new usable item: Flask of Acid
- Adds a new Lindwurm-themed banner to choose for your mercenary company
Battle Brothers is a turn based tactical RPG which has you leading a mercenary company in a gritty, low-power, medieval fantasy world. You decide where to go, whom to hire or to fight, what contracts to take and how to train and equip your men in a procedurally generated open world campaign. Do you have what it takes to lead them through bloody battles and to victory?
The game consists of a strategic worldmap and a tactical combat layer. On the worldmap you can freely travel in order to take contracts that earn you good coin, find places worth looting, enemies worth pursuing or towns to resupply and hire men at. This is also where you manage, level up and equip your Battle Brothers. Once you engage a hostile party the game will switch to a tactical map where the actual fighting takes place as detailed turn based combat.
- Manage a medieval mercenary company in a procedurally generated open world.
- Fight complex turn-based tactical battles with historical equipment and brutal injuries.
- Permadeath. All characters that die in combat will stay dead – unless they return as the undead.
- All characters come with their own background stories and traits. Want a stuttering ratcatcher, a greedy witch hunter or a drunkard disowned noble?
- Character development without a restrictive class-system. Each character gains experience through combat, can level up and acquire powerful perks.
- Equipment that matters. Different weapons grant unique skills – split shields with axes, stun enemies with maces, form a spearwall with spears or crush armor with a warhammer.
- Diverse enemy roster. All enemies have unique equipment, skills and AI behavior.
- A dynamic event system with atmospheric encounters and tough decisions outside of combat.
- Three late game crises – a war between noble houses, a greenskin invasion and an undead scourge – add a looming threat.
- Two full hours of orchestral soundtrack.
Overhype Studios is an independent game developer studio from Hamburg, Germany. We are devoted to making great games that we want to play ourselves. With Battle Brothers we thrive to reflect the creativity, complexity and originality from the old days when game developers where passionate gamers, not corporate businessmen. While doing this we took a lot of inspiration from some of best games out there: The original X-Com, Warhammer: Shadow of the Horned Rat, Mount & Blade and Jagged Alliance.
A Full Company
Have a company roster of 12 brothers
Back In Business
Have a total of 5,000 crowns
Acquire a named item
Complete a contract for a settlement
Lose your first mercenary in battle
Fail a contract
Retire and have your company break apart
Have 5 or more brothers with a temporary injury at the same time
Kill 2 enemies in one turn with a ranged weapon