It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

"Software 3d" returned 18 posts
Clear search criteria
Just for future reference, I was getting the 3D error thing on Windows 10 laptop with Intel graphics. DXGL didn't fix it at first, but after uninstalling and reinstalling it did, but I had to change Video mode from Change Desktop Resolution to Center Image on Screen (I also needed to install the widescreen mode and set the screen size to my desktop resolution or I got the in game bug where I couldn't left click to place buildings or select)

I also frequently get a bug where the landscape disappears and goes black while playing but have found that going into the in game options and changing graphics mode from hardware to software (or vice versa) and back fixes it.

Just in case that helps anyone else get the game running :)
bigtrip: Hi
For me Settlers IV works on Windows 10.
I simply installed DXGL and configured playing in windowed mode.
INSTRUCTION on youtube under "/watch?v=FJFDYCEE-FI" -- I cannot post links so just replace video ID

Regards
I've tried to get this game to work previously under DXGL and failed miserably, after watching the vid and setting only two options, it works almost flawlessly (the intro vid doesn't play and sometimes the play screen goes black) but this is rectified by switching the rendering to hardware then back to software. Additional I am playing this in full screen not windowed. The settings I changed were Video mode to 'Aspect corrected stretch' and aspect ratio to '16:9'.

So happy I can wind back the clock and waste yet more hours in early 2000's land.

Cheers

Andy
Hello,

I downloaded Settlers 4 today and for me, I get the "Software 3D: Error Initializing Graphic interface" and "Hardware 3d: Error initializing Graphic interface".

I tried following several steps described here, but none of them helped.

I have an Acer laptop, Windows 11. I have a Nvidia and intel.

Does anyone have any other solution? Thank you!!