It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Hi,

Unfortunately, with resolutions above 1024x768, more or less large areas of the main menu are not visible, meaning they are black. The attached screenshot was taken at 1920x1080. Higher resolutions like 3840x2160 make it even worse. I tried every option in the dxcfg program, like integer scaling, AA/AF on/off, window/fullscreen, VSync on/off, but nothing but significantly reducing the resolution was helpful. The downside is: in windowed mode, the game is extremely tiny on my 27" UHD display. When using this in fullscreen mode, EVERY window I have opened, even minimized ones, are reset to 640x480, because the game frequently changes resolutions before entering the main menu. This makes fullscreen mode unusable with 1024x768.

(As a sidenote: why is GoG using low 1024x768 as baseline resolution from which the wrapper scales up to higher ones? The original game supported up to 1280x1024!!)

I observed this behaviour on both my systems:
1.) Ryzen 7 5800X, 32 GiB RAM, Radeon RX 6900 XT, Windows 10 21H1
2.) Core i7 3770, 16 GiB RAM, Radeon RX 590, Windows 7 (for retro, no internet) and 10 21H1
Both computers are connected to separate 27" UHD panels.

My Laptop, a system with Core i7 10875H, 32 GiB RAM, GeForce 2070 Super and 17.3" UHD panel, does not have this issue, but I cannot say if the game is rendered by the Intel iGPU or the nVidia dGPU.

I must say, I am rather diappointed on how badly these newest Star Trek games were tested by GoG, especially on AMD GPUs (obviously) and how GoG handles bug reports. I mean, the forum is full of open bug reports about this game (e.g. the warp speed bug), but there has been no reaction whatsoever, not even something like "thank you very very much, we are looking into the matter". I know that hunting down those bugs can be tricky and time consuming, so I absolutely do not expect it to be fixed in a matter of days, but NOT reacting is making a bad impression on us customers.
Attachments:
sfc3.jpg (90 Kb)
Post edited November 03, 2021 by Locutus
Locutus: Hi,

Unfortunately, with resolutions above 1024x768, more or less large areas of the main menu are not visible, meaning they are black. The attached screenshot was taken at 1920x1080. Higher resolutions like 3840x2160 make it even worse. I tried every option in the dxcfg program, like integer scaling, AA/AF on/off, window/fullscreen, VSync on/off, but nothing but significantly reducing the resolution was helpful. The downside is: in windowed mode, the game is extremely tiny on my 27" UHD display. When using this in fullscreen mode, EVERY window I have opened, even minimized ones, are reset to 640x480, because the game frequently changes resolutions before entering the main menu. This makes fullscreen mode unusable with 1024x768.

(As a sidenote: why is GoG using low 1024x768 as baseline resolution from which the wrapper scales up to higher ones? The original game supported up to 1280x1024!!)

I observed this behaviour on both my systems:
1.) Ryzen 7 5800X, 32 GiB RAM, Radeon RX 6900 XT, Windows 10 21H1
2.) Core i7 3770, 16 GiB RAM, Radeon RX 590, Windows 7 (for retro, no internet) and 10 21H1
Both computers are connected to separate 27" UHD panels.

My Laptop, a system with Core i7 10875H, 32 GiB RAM, GeForce 2070 Super and 17.3" UHD panel, does not have this issue, but I cannot say if the game is rendered by the Intel iGPU or the nVidia dGPU.

I must say, I am rather diappointed on how badly these newest Star Trek games were tested by GoG, especially on AMD GPUs (obviously) and how GoG handles bug reports. I mean, the forum is full of open bug reports about this game (e.g. the warp speed bug), but there has been no reaction whatsoever, not even something like "thank you very very much, we are looking into the matter". I know that hunting down those bugs can be tricky and time consuming, so I absolutely do not expect it to be fixed in a matter of days, but NOT reacting is making a bad impression on us customers.
I had this issue at one point during my modding work, in my case a clean install solved it, but I have a Nvidia GPU.
No, clean reinstallation did not solve it. Not even a clean reinstallation of Windows 10 prior to installing the game.

Is anyone else having this bug?
My settings are all default except aspect ratio correction that i have disabled in the dxconfig file in the installation folder and the game runs fine.
Yup, I am experiencing this issue as well. Tried every combination of settings in the direct x configuration tool as well and have reinstalled this multiple times with the same blocking issue above 1024x768. Its a great game. I was hoping to play it through with some mods, but getting it to render in vanilla seems to be a necessary first step.
Hi,

I can confirm that the newest update (RDNA Fix) actually resolves the issue. :)

Thank you very much @GoG!
Not able to post links, but you can try the SFC3 Configuration Setup for Windows 10 V 2.0 over at Mod DB. It has been updated for use with GOG version of the game. It may solve your issue. Doesn't work for every Windows 10 system configuration, but might for some. Good luck.
AlDaja: Not able to post links, but you can try the SFC3 Configuration Setup for Windows 10 V 2.0 over at Mod DB. It has been updated for use with GOG version of the game. It may solve your issue. Doesn't work for every Windows 10 system configuration, but might for some. Good luck.
Tried that before, but with no success. But anyways, GoG's recent update of the game fixed the issue.