It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Get the latest version from here

New version!
You can now choose to resize the intro video to the selected screen size. According to a very outdated Bink Video api-manual, this might be slow on some computers, so you can disable it if you want. The game is also now a little less hostile in resizing the game window on windowed mode. It'll now only resize the window to the screen size you selected in the configurator.

The game starts much faster now as well.

Can't think of any more improvements, so this'll probably be the final version. Enjoy!

Download: Here

Since there was some limited demand, I decided to make a new version capable of editing FOV & toggle fullscreen. You can also set a custom resolution now. Original FOV was 75, but the game is much more enjoyable with a FOV around 90-100.

Features:
- Any custom resolution
- Any custom FOV
- Toggle windowed or fullscreen

Notes:
- The patcher is dreddfully slow. It takes about 5-20 seconds to start the game. I had to add some custom features to the loader, and couldn't be arsed to optimize it. At least for now, you'll have to deal with it.
- The game attempts to resize the window every now and then, I didn't write any custom feature to block this. If it's enough of an annoyance, I might fix it.
- The configurator requires .NET 2.0 runtime.

Had to come back & install Dredd again, after some people requested these features. Completed the game with the previous version of the patch with a friend, and wasn't that impressed of the game. :) Still, maybe these fixes could improve the game for you!

Post a message if you've got any trouble with the patch, and I'll see what can be done. If any issues arise in the engine, because of these modifications, I probably won't be interested (or even able) to fix them.

Download: Google Drive Folder

Original Post:
Wanting to record my gameplay videos of Judge Dredd in 1920x1080, I had to make this little patch to force the game to run in full hd.

What it does:
Forces the game to run in 1920x1080.

Things to consider:
- FOV might not please you, as it's quite small for this resolution.
- The patch is actually a loader, so the game will only be modified in memory. (So every time you want the full hd resolution, run dreddHD)
- 1920x1080 is the only supported resolution (built inside the executable). The loader doesn't currently support any input files, so I had to bake in the final resolution. Other resolutions are probably possible, if there's demand.
- Intro demos run in a little window on the corner of the screen. (With the desktop in 1920x1080)
- Changing resolution in the game setup menu doesn't change anything, since the game is always forced to full hd.
- Antialiasing might not work, at least it always crashes for me (Did the same with the original resolutions).

Link: drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B1M-PV1JIh40MDdxWTlBc1h5NzQ&usp=sharing
You'll have to add the https-protocol to the link manually, since I am not allowed to post links. The google drive folder contains the patch & some example screenshots.

And as if running a strange executable wasn't weird enough, you'll have to run it as administrator as well, since dredd.exe requires administrator privileges. Running as anything else won't boot up the game. This is out of my control.
Post edited May 26, 2023 by RaepDollars
He-hey! I was about to ask how to enable 1920x1080 resolution and then I saw your little mod here.
Grade A stuff bro. Now I can buy this game again and relive it all in 1080p. :)

What is the current value of the FOV atm?
I wish the game was longer, or there was more to the Dredd stuff. Great work!
Me too
Ghostbreed: He-hey! I was about to ask how to enable 1920x1080 resolution and then I saw your little mod here.
Grade A stuff bro. Now I can buy this game again and relive it all in 1080p. :)

What is the current value of the FOV atm?
Thanks for the compliments! :)

About the FOV: I never checked out the actual FOV-value, nor did I ever find out how to change it. Ballpark guess would be around 60-80, considering how claustrophobic the game feels.
Made a new version available! See the first post for information.
Wow man this is really good, really appreciate the fov/window mode being added.
Good job man!
Every time I attempt to run dreddHD.exe it immediately crashes without ever opening the game itself. Any known issues concerning that?
ArklemGreeth: Every time I attempt to run dreddHD.exe it immediately crashes without ever opening the game itself. Any known issues concerning that?
Is this only with dreddHD or with the vanilla as well? What does the crash dialog look like, Is it the default Windows crash dialog or one shown by the game?

If it's because the hd-patch: Did you run DreddHDConf.exe first? Are you sure your monitor supports the resolution set in the configurator? Have you tried running the game in windowed mode?
Sorry, should have followed up my own post. I did run the config and made sure it was correct resolution, though I did not attempt windowed mode...

However, I used one of your old exe's in order to run at 1920x1080 and was able to beat the game using it. Thank you for the reply though! Your modification was much appreciated!
How does your mod differ from this one:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=410001138

I think that one patches the save file to enable widescreen, but yours runs with the game to do it, correct?
hudfreegamer: How does your mod differ from this one:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=410001138

I think that one patches the save file to enable widescreen, but yours runs with the game to do it, correct?
My patch simply loads the executable as normal process, searches the executable in memory for the correct patch locations, and patches it. It contains the configurator (written in C#) and the loader (Written in (F)ASM). After the patching is done, the loader simply detaches and quits.

If you're asking whether it works with the Steam version: It should work with any version of the executable, unless the executable differs heavily, or I've made a mistake with the patch fingerprints (Entirely possible, only tested this on the GOG-executable). In event of failure, the game should simply crash, but has no side effects since it's all patched in memory. All files remain unaffected, so Steam should also not detect any errors with the game files if a validation occurs.
Hey, maybe it's a bit late for this, but your program doesn't seem to do anything.

Whatever I do the game won't start using your executables. There's the little windows 7 loading thing, but nothing happens.

However, your old exe works fine, but the game is unplayable due to the low fov.
NuclearBurrito: Hey, maybe it's a bit late for this, but your program doesn't seem to do anything.

Whatever I do the game won't start using your executables. There's the little windows 7 loading thing, but nothing happens.

However, your old exe works fine, but the game is unplayable due to the low fov.
So you ran "DreddHDConf.exe", pressed "Save & run" and nothing happens? After this it should patch the game for a couple of seconds (not showing any dialog though) and run the game.

What's your computer setup? OS? Did you try running the DreddHDConf.exe as administrator?
NuclearBurrito: Hey, maybe it's a bit late for this, but your program doesn't seem to do anything.

RaepDollars: So you ran "DreddHDConf.exe", pressed "Save & run" and nothing happens? After this it should patch the game for a couple of seconds (not showing any dialog though) and run the game.

What's your computer setup? OS? Did you try running the DreddHDConf.exe as administrator?
Yes, nothing happens. It seems like it's loading something after the game is supposed to start, but it never does.

I'm running win7 64 bit and I tried running DreddHDConf.exe as an admin/with a few compatibility modes.