It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Hey guys,

Just wanted to let you know that we have added a Universal Update that will bring your installed game version up to 4.11.1.

Please take a look through the readmes and guides that will be added to your Start menu link for IL-2 Sturmovik: 1946. Within those readmes and guides you will find what has been changed and, believe me, there are a TON of changes.

If there are any problems, please let our Support department know :D.
Post edited October 23, 2012 by JudasIscariot
DoctorGOGgles: GOG versioning is a total mess...

Short answer: Patch 1.0.1 = 1.0.1.5 and this updates the game from version 4.10.1 to 4.11.1

Long answer: The original installer for IL-2 from GOG installs the game in version 4.10.1. Then there were 2 official updates released, 4.11 and 4.11.1. The update package from GOG updates the game directly from version 4.10.1 to 4.11.1. The update package itself received the version number 1.0.1.5 by GOG. In 'My Games' it only shows up as 1.0.1, so I guess 1.0.1.5 is the 5th internal revision of patch 1.0.1 (with the other 4 not officially released by GOG).
crazy_dave: Good to know, thanks!

BTW, how much data does the new patch add? I've kind of got limited space right now ...
Quite a lot from reading the changelogs or guides as they are called in the Start Menu.

Once you install the patch, when you go to the game's folder in the Start menu and you'll see a couple of guides. They'll fill you in as to what's been added or changed.

There was WAY too much info to just throw it into a forum post :D