It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

If i thinking about myself, i want to say: Reduce the award! So there is a bigger chance for me and the other participants (but especially me :) ) to win. That will be awesome, won't it?
No, it won't.
There is ona man (or woman (or something else)) who did an absolutely perfect/stunning/original thing what worths the White Wolf. I don't know what it is - a video? Maybe a novel? Maybe something different. I don't know - but i want to know. And i want the good entries get the reward they deserve. So, if there is really a chance for someone to get the White Wolf for his(her) job, then let it be.
I want to win, but i don't want to be selfish. Let him (her) get the award if he (she) really deserves it.
Sydius: If i thinking about myself, i want to say: Reduce the award! So there is a bigger chance for me and the other participants (but especially me :) ) to win. That will be awesome, won't it?
No, it won't.
There is ona man (or woman (or something else)) who did an absolutely perfect/stunning/original thing what worths the White Wolf. I don't know what it is - a video? Maybe a novel? Maybe something different. I don't know - but i want to know. And i want the good entries get the reward they deserve. So, if there is really a chance for someone to get the White Wolf for his(her) job, then let it be.
I want to win, but i don't want to be selfish. Let him (her) get the award if he (she) really deserves it.
I agree. That person deserves something special.
Post edited May 12, 2011 by macuahuitlgog
Sydius: If i thinking about myself, i want to say: Reduce the award! So there is a bigger chance for me and the other participants (but especially me :) ) to win. That will be awesome, won't it?
No, it won't.
A good point that I didn't think of. I think it depends on what the person entered the competition for.
Post edited May 12, 2011 by DavidGil
7thGuardian: Skystrider said something about splitting White Wolf in more TW2 prizes - as in "more winners", which is a great decision for those interested in this game - White Wolf attracts more outsiders, some talented i presume, but more interested in amazon price than TW2, probably don't even like this game.

Just a conclusion. :)
Skystrider: We would like some input from the community on this subject; if, in theory, we were to reduce and/or split the White Wolf reward, in order to make more gold/silver winners, would people feel swindled or lied to?
My personal opinion is that more games in more peoples hands = err... more better.

Unless I'm mistaken, the White Wolf award was also said to be a theoretical award, and there were made no guarantees that it would be handed out.
Skystrider, it's your money, it's your competition, it's your call.

If it was up to me, I'd probably even cancel the bronze and silver awards from the start, just to get more W2 copies handed out to as many people as possible, but then again, that's just me.

Whatever you do, it's for the best. Congrats, once again.
I prefer chocholate shakes, but a banana-split is fine by me.
Post edited May 12, 2011 by DodoGeo
Thanks for the inputs, everyone. We will let you know what we decide tomorrow.
We will probably end up splitting White Wolf to create two new gold awards and one new silver award. There will still be a special award too, and we will still call it 'White Wolf', but it will be more of a "super-Gold" thing. Things end up more balanced this way, and the community would get more out of it. More about this at around the same time tomorrow.

Meanwhile, I got another Batch of Winners coming up in 30-something minutes. Keep an eye on your inboxes. :)
KiPhish: The reason is, people who haven't invested in a lot of time for their entries will obviously vote for more bronze/silver/gold awards while people of the opposite spectrum will vote for leaving the proposed White Wolf award alone. Neither is fair, because our opinions are biased. It is up to the 3rd party to judge the value of the winner and act accordingly. Asking the applicants what the reward terms should be is similar to asking the lottery purchasers how the money should be distributed. It would be ok if you were to ask them before they bought the tickets, but asking them afterwards might yield undesirable results. :)
Not really - in more ways than one...personally i invested more time than was available in the artwork intended for this entry and TW2 was the reason, that's how i got here ...
- i didn't propose that, it was announced by the one responsible for this contest and i find this idea wonderful - considering more people have the chance to win TW2 - this community being a Witcher 2 community.
- the example with the lottery is kinda bad and unrelated - cause that's 100% luck related, wile this a contest with a jury which implies you have to send some material and based on that they decide who wins and what - it's not luck if some are considered skilled in literature, design or others types of allowed entries.

Just an opinion... :)
First of all, a belated thank You!
As for the White Wolf, for me it's a cherry on top really, it's the "big bang" in the air, something to look forward to in the end. Turning it into more gold/silver eliminates the suspense of the event a bit, but I suppose "the more the merrier" makes sense.

Oops, well there You go, "super-Gold" disguised as the White Wolf sounds suspenseful enough :P
Post edited May 12, 2011 by MoP
Skystrider: We would like some input from the community on this subject; if, in theory, we were to reduce and/or split the White Wolf reward, in order to make more gold/silver winners, would people feel swindled or lied to?
Why would anyone feel swindled? IMO the White Wolf award as it stands now is a staggering amount of stuff to give to one person, so it would make sense to scale it down, even by a small amount, to make room for more TW2 copies.
Post edited May 12, 2011 by juice99
juice99: Why would anyone feel swindled? IMO the White Wolf award as it stands now is a staggering amount of stuff to give to one person, so it would make sense to scale it down, even by a small amount, to make room for more TW2 copies.
This is what the true White Wolf would want in the end :). Joke left aside .. I think that all you guys did (Skystrider and the honorable judges) is uber-mega-awesome and you should have the final decision on this.

We could also have a community vote initially for choosing the white wolf .. based on the nominations made by the jury .. and you guys would reserve yourself the right to veto.
Post edited May 12, 2011 by icepowdah
KiPhish: The reason is, people who haven't invested in a lot of time for their entries will obviously vote for more bronze/silver/gold awards while people of the opposite spectrum will vote for leaving the proposed White Wolf award alone. Neither is fair, because our opinions are biased. It is up to the 3rd party to judge the value of the winner and act accordingly. Asking the applicants what the reward terms should be is similar to asking the lottery purchasers how the money should be distributed. It would be ok if you were to ask them before they bought the tickets, but asking them afterwards might yield undesirable results. :)
7thGuardian: Not really - in more ways than one...personally i invested more time than was available in the artwork intended for this entry and TW2 was the reason, that's how i got here ...
- i didn't propose that, it was announced by the one responsible for this contest and i find this idea wonderful - considering more people have the chance to win TW2 - this community being a Witcher 2 community.
- the example with the lottery is kinda bad and unrelated - cause that's 100% luck related, wile this a contest with a jury which implies you have to send some material and based on that they decide who wins and what - it's not luck if some are considered skilled in literature, design or others types of allowed entries.

Just an opinion... :)
- I couldn't understand your first point clearly, sorry. If you were pointing out that the purpose of this contest was to give as much copies of Witcher 2 away, I have to disagree with you. For starters, the existence of bronze and silver medals negate that argument. If the purpose was solely to give away Witcher 2, those awards should have not existed. Also, I think I read that the competition was in promotion of Witcher 2. Promotion does not necessarily mean distributing the goods, rather it's more to create hype among the public. I think having a strong enticement draws in the crowd for that purpose.

- The lottery example was meant to highlight the difference in before/after situations concerning the investment one put in to acquire it. For example, how would someone feel if they invested heavily, only to have the investment returns changed from its original designs by the opinion of the public? Would he still have invested that much? Although I agree with you that it was not the best example to use. :)

Please note I was merely stating that a 3rd party, non-biased approach is the most favorable. Because all the applicants are, needless-to-say, biased.
Post edited May 12, 2011 by KiPhish
A bit later than I expected, but here it is, finally:

Third Batch of Winners, Thursday 12/05 2011:

Gold Award Winner:
rooshandark8

{Rooshandark contributed with a rather epic piece of fan fiction, but very sadly wanted us to keep it private. That obviously does not stop us from giving him the Gold Award!}

<Entry kept private by participant's request>
----------------

Silver Award Winner:
Falci

Entry:
“It was late in the morning, my bread full of an excessively sweet some-sort-of-thing-jam that I couldn't quite nail down just by the taste of it. The humming noise of my computer whistled behind some jazz music from an album a street seller had just pushed me, “Herbie Hancock” - she said with a weird smile in her face - “The best, I guarantee you!”

At least it was cheap. And really good music indeed.

While I wondered what the hell happened to American black musicians that they would spend time producing gangsta style bullshit instead of epic pieces of this kind, it occurred to me that I had just spent the last few dollars I had in a forty minute, four song entertainment and was absolutely broke.

I took a deep breath while I gazed at my emptier-than-the-congress-on-a-business-day box of cases. As I sighted heavily, my door opened abruptly and a creature so ugly I swore to God I'd stop drinking if he sent her away came in.

She, and now I firmly believe it was a “she”, tried pathetically to communicate with a voice so annoying my new jazz album stopped playing - “Your rent is late again.” - she smirked awkwardly - “you know what happens when...”

“It's not late just yet!” - I screamed desperately like a newborn child too afraid of the dark vicious intentions that creature had - “I have until the tenth of may!”

“But it will be. Again.” - the look in her eyes... oh, those bloody evil eyes... - “You can't escape.”

She exited as I immediately started looking for my bottle of bourbon under my desk, God didn't send her away fast enough. I opened every damned window in a futile attempt to breath some fresh air – like that was possible in the middle of an industrial zone – and a small flyer flew into my face. I grabbed the piece of paper and read it avidly.

Apparently some folk by the name Skystrider was running a worldwide contest about a new game called 'Witcher 2'. A flash of light struck my head in a ridiculous attempt to diverge my thoughts from my problems.

Easy as spanking adults with lollipops. Now I had to win that contest. No matter what! It was going to be an awful month, but the sight of the prize kept my head away from the thoughts about my land lady.

I dropped into my investigative suit like some sort of even clumsier Tex Murphy and picked up my gun from the table. I exited the room with renewed hope.

This was not going to solve my problems. But if I had to go down, I knew I'd better go down with style.

On the box, Herbie just started playing all over again like it was the soundtrack of my life.”

{The Jury instantly fell in love with Falci's Tex Murphy, Chandler-ish noire setting. More than worthy the eight silver award!}
----------------

Bronze Award:
tarangwydion

Entry:
http://postimage.org/image/qfr3ef9g/

{This wonderful play with GOG.com titles brought home the Bronze award easily. Mighty fine work by Tarangwydion!}
Post edited May 12, 2011 by Skystrider
{Rooshandark contributed with a rather epic piece of fan fiction, but very sadly wanted us to keep it private. That obviously does not stop us from giving him the Gold Award!}

<Entry kept private by participants request>

A cute girl flashing tits (or even better - naked "art")?! ^^ - can't compete with that....
YEAH! :D I'm so happy!

Together with The Witcher 2 gifted to me by thewishingwell, I actually feel very much golden!

Thanks Skystrider and everyone of the members of the Jury. :)