It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

soxy_lady: A glass (aprox 200-250mls stat) of indian tonic water with a soluble asprin (aproxx 500mg) disolved in it taken evey few hours is a guaranteed cure all for many of todays most post-modernest diseases. It almost saved my gramaar but it was too late. ;*(
BigBobsBeepers: Don't know about that personally, though I do know zinc and other vitamins and minerals can help(along with other measures) to keep one as healthy as possible during all this.
Quinine in indian toinc water is related to Pres. Trunks chloryclholrinquine that he takes daily.
low rated
soxy_lady: Quinine in indian toinc water is related to Pres. Trunks chloryclholrinquine that he takes daily.
Oh I wasn't trying to sound like I doubted you(also interesting infos). I was just stating I didn't know(personally) if it worked either way, and then posting some other things I heard worked to keep people healthy as well.
low rated
Some reports are coming out that people without symptoms still have the disease and have damage to their lungs.
I haven't got a good enough source so it could be the news picking up old information and copying each other.
low rated
Spectre: Some reports are coming out that people without symptoms still have the disease and have damage to their lungs.
I haven't got a good enough source so it could be the news picking up old information and copying each other.
Correct, because this specific virus aims for the respiratory system, there have been -not all- but quite a number of people,including asymptomatic carriers, who developed pulmonary edema if not fibrosis.

This was reported a while back when people testing positive who were treated and followed from start to finish (including thorough checking of hearts and lungs) and low radiation scans showed the presence of aforementioned edema/fibrosis.
Some bot must have bumped this a few days ago but as the virus is still ongoing there is more news to add.

UK mutation found which has led some countries to restrict travel from there but this may be due to better analysis in the UK and other countries already have it.
Scientists, meanwhile, are hard at work trying to figure out whether B.1.1.7 is really more adept at human-to-human transmission—not everyone is convinced yet—and if so, why. They’re also wondering how it evolved so fast. B.1.1.7 has acquired 17 mutations all at once, a feat never seen before. “There’s now a frantic push to try and characterize some of these mutations in the lab,” says Andrew Rambaut, a molecular evolutionary biologist at the University of Edinburgh.
Another worry is B.1.1.7 could cause more severe disease. There is anecdotal evidence that the South African variant may be doing that in young people and those who are otherwise healthy, says John Nkengasong, director of the Africa Centres for Disease Control and Prevention. “It’s concerning, but we really need more data to be sure.” The African Task Force for Coronavirus will convene an emergency meeting to discuss the issue on Monday, Nkengasong says.
https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2020/12/mutant-coronavirus-united-kingdom-sets-alarms-its-importance-remains-unclear
Neandertal lives matter.
Abstract
In the current SARS-CoV-2 pandemic, two genetic regions derived from Neandertals have been shown to increase and decrease, respectively, the risk of falling severely ill upon infection. Here, we show that 2-8% of people in Eurasia carry a variant promoter region of the DPP4 gene inherited from Neandertals. This gene encodes an enzyme that serves as a receptor for the coronavirus MERS-CoV and is currently not believed to be a receptor for SARS-CoV-2. However, the Neandertal DPP4 variant doubles the risk to become critically ill in COVID-19.
Main text
https://www.biorxiv.org/content/10.1101/2020.12.11.422139v1.full

Vaccines for pets.
https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2020/12/do-we-need-covid-19-vaccine-pets
Spectre: Some reports are coming out that people without symptoms still have the disease and have damage to their lungs.
Indeed. Also it is possible to have damage in the brain, heart, etc. It is advised that people doing physical exercise refrain from going 100% with long efforts, because they might unknowingly find a heart problem :(

Also, about the brain, people with and without symptoms have reported difficulties to recall words of their active vocabulary and dizziness. This has been ongoing for months and so far no end in sight.
low rated
§pectre: Neandertal lives matter.
That's really interesting, thanks for the links!

Carradice: Also it is possible to have damage in the brain, heart, etc.
Looking at the state of the forum lately, I'd say brain damage is confirmed.
low rated
Carradice: Indeed. Also it is possible to have damage in the brain, heart, etc. It is advised that people doing physical exercise refrain from going 100% with long efforts, because they might unknowingly find a heart problem :(

Also, about the brain, people with and without symptoms have reported difficulties to recall words of their active vocabulary and dizziness. This has been ongoing for months and so far no end in sight.
These things are thankfully very rare(long lasting effects/as per the official stats from the CDC and WHO).

As for exercising: imo it's better to do such if one is younger and healthier, as more healthy people(including those who stay in shape) are much more likely to not get the disease, and if they do they are more likely to not suffer as much(length/severity).
Post edited December 24, 2020 by GamezRanker
i created a new thread asking how everyone was dealing with covid -19 ... and the thread got deleted by one of the mods.and now this one is back? (it was locked)
low rated
Niggles: i created a new thread asking how everyone was dealing with covid -19 ... and the thread got deleted by one of the mods.and now this one is back? (it was locked)
Clarification: this is a reboot I made of the original thread about a year back, when that one got locked.
(also this thread was inactive for months....it just got bumped back up due to a spammer[whose post has since been removed])

As for why yours got deleted....maybe due to some others getting political?

Btw you and others are free to use this one as much as you want :)
Thank you. I found it strange it got removed considering the amount of stuff that stays up lol.

How is everyone coping with covid where they are right now?

Our cases are very low. However its popped back up to 97 (9 local cases overnight) over the last 4-5 days ...most likely due to yet another incoming traveller (not confirmed but probable). Restrictions light in Sydney except in northern beaches with restrictions on visitors/guests.Apparently 60000 tests in last 24 hours. Close to a daily record...
The downside?. Aussies are banned from travelling overseas unless in exceptional circumstances :(
Post edited December 24, 2020 by Niggles
Niggles: Thank you. I found it strange it got removed considering the amount of stuff that stays up lol.
Situation in Germany is pretty bad, imo they should have done more lockdown measures in late October, early November, but they prevaricated, and now they're doing a really hard lockdown (almost everything closed) until mid-January at least, so things don't spiral totally out of control. On top of that, in all likelihood the new strain from the UK is already circulating in continental Europe.
While I'm not that worried about catching Corona myself, the situation is really depressing and getting on my nerves.
Post edited December 24, 2020 by morolf
low rated
morolf: Situation in Germany is pretty bad, imo they should have done more lockdown measures in late October, early November, but they prevaricated, and now they're doing a really hard lockdown (almost everything closed) until mid-January at least, so things don't spiral totally out of control. On top of that, in all likelihood the new strain from the UK is already circulating in continental Europe.
The CDC and WHO actually both now say that lockdowns aren't effective(in most cases and situations, not all), and do more harm than good.

Btw, lockdowns were never meant to stop the sickness anyways....just slow it down....problem is, that has led to massive financial problems for many people. And once they end the cases go back up anyways in most instances.

morolf: While I'm not that worried about catching Corona myself, the situation is really depressing and getting on my nerves.
Same for me as well.
Niggles: i created a new thread asking how everyone was dealing with covid -19 ... and the thread got deleted by one of the mods.and now this one is back? (it was locked)
Yes, that's the thread I posted in and was deleted, which made it harder to access some of the recent topics I've posted in.

That thread should have been locked rather than deleted.
Niggles: How is everyone coping with covid where they are right now?
It's really bad here, to the point where hard lockdown would be appropriate.

Unfortunately, the political situation is messed up to the point where a hard lockdown can't happen, even though it's badly needed.
Post edited December 24, 2020 by dtgreene